Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141605 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:58 AM »

Its not health food, but it is better than regular, calorie-laden pop.  Plus, just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I should totally shun pop.  I refuse to drink only water.  I need to increase my water intake, but I refuse to switch totally to water.

Ah, it seems you think that the only kind of beverages out there are soda and water. That isn't true in the slightest.
There are all sorts of things that would be better, from kefir to iced tea to juice.

Diet soda isn't good for you in the slightest -- you do know they use Splenda to fatten pigs, right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1126 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

Personally, Gramps, I am ready to get back to 8 hour plus work days.  The holidays were fun and all, but now its time to get down to serious business.  No, 11 hour days are not extraordinarily long.  Remember, I work 6-5 at Dell in OKC for 4 months from the beginning October 2011 to beginning February 2012.  I also worked 8-7 shortly after I got hired on permanent.  I have no doubt I will be able to handle it.  8 hours sleep is not an enormous amount of sleep and is really only a half hour to an hour more than what I get on most work nights anyway.  I'm not dreading the 11 hour days, at all, in fact I'm looking forward to them.  It will be extremely busy both days (Wednesday busier than Thursday) so the time will go by really fast.  Next week, I'll work some overtime, as well.  Monday is supposed to be another busy day, so I'll probably work 6-4 Monday-Thursday and work the normal 6:00-2:30 on Friday.  That would give me 6 hours overtime, the equivalent of 9 normal hours.  That is an extra $100 on my paycheck.  If I can do that both weeks, that's an extra $200.

Ok ok, perhaps I was harsh, sorry, but as Inks mentioned your postings make this schedule seem dramatic when it's not....do you see that?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1127 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »

FYI, before I took this job, I worked two jobs. I worked 5 months, 8-10 M-F, Saturdays 12-6, and Sundays 7-1. After that, for two months, I worked M-F 8-11, Saturday off, and Sunday 3-11. Don't make something that some people have to do for a long term living seem so dramatic.  Also, refusing to switch to all water is so lulzworthy! The only time I don't drink water is when I have my coffee or orange juice in the morning, or when I go out for a meal. When I do, I get a un-sweetend iced tea. Just get rid of all soda, it's not that difficult.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1128 on: January 02, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »

Overtime got canceled today as we were extremely slow.  IBM required us to have 55 agents staffed from 7:00-11:00 am, but we were steady with 25-35 in available and 5-15 on calls.  There were times when we got down to 2 or 3 on calls.  My supervisor came to me today at 1:45 telling me my overtime has been canceled for today and told me to go on home.  This is what they call IVTO - Involuntary Time Off.  This time I wasn't given a choice.  So, instead of gaining 2 1/2 hours on my check, I ended up losing 45 minutes.  They are normally extremely busy the day after New Year's Day, but we're thinking its because there were so many fires this past summer that nobody could use their vacation and were cramming in their vacations.  Tomorrow could go either way.  It could be extremely slow or it could be extremely busy.  Right now, I'm still scheduled to work until 5:00 tomorrow, but we'll see what happens as tomorrow rolls along.  We've got a sneaking suspicion that Monday could be a nightmare, but then again, nobody knows.  I only took about 8 calls all day today.  I didn't request to leave, my supervisor told me to leave early.  He did that to other agents, as well.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1129 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »

Bushie, if you're going to throw your life away to bacon cheeseburgers, at least eat ones that taste good.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1130 on: January 02, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »

Damn you, King...just damn.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1131 on: January 02, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »

Overtime got canceled today as we were extremely slow.  IBM required us to have 55 agents staffed from 7:00-11:00 am, but we were steady with 25-35 in available and 5-15 on calls.  There were times when we got down to 2 or 3 on calls.  My supervisor came to me today at 1:45 telling me my overtime has been canceled for today and told me to go on home.  This is what they call IVTO - Involuntary Time Off.  This time I wasn't given a choice.  So, instead of gaining 2 1/2 hours on my check, I ended up losing 45 minutes.  They are normally extremely busy the day after New Year's Day, but we're thinking its because there were so many fires this past summer that nobody could use their vacation and were cramming in their vacations.  Tomorrow could go either way.  It could be extremely slow or it could be extremely busy.  Right now, I'm still scheduled to work until 5:00 tomorrow, but we'll see what happens as tomorrow rolls along.  We've got a sneaking suspicion that Monday could be a nightmare, but then again, nobody knows.  I only took about 8 calls all day today.  I didn't request to leave, my supervisor told me to leave early.  He did that to other agents, as well.

Now don't you wish you hadn't gone home early before?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1132 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1133 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I'd like to start the slow death diet with that burger, my friend.  Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1134 on: January 02, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »

Indeed, I do wish I hadn't gone home early.  Although, I don't feel bad because every person I talked to said today would be extremely busy with no chance of a slow day based on years past.  Everybody was taken by surprise at how slow it was.  They probably would have sent us home earlier, but they were still unsure if it would stay slow or pick up.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1135 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »

Indeed, I do wish I hadn't gone home early.  Although, I don't feel bad because every person I talked to said today would be extremely busy with no chance of a slow day based on years past.  Everybody was taken by surprise at how slow it was.  They probably would have sent us home earlier, but they were still unsure if it would stay slow or pick up.

Well, now you know better.  Plus, even if you would've stayed and had overtime, you'd have had even more money!  Remember how you always talked about how you want to donate to the Atlas but don't have money?  If you didn't take TVOs, you wouldn't have that problem. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1136 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

Well, now you know better.  Plus, even if you would've stayed and had overtime, you'd have had even more money!  Remember how you always talked about how you want to donate to the Atlas but don't have money?  If you didn't take TVOs, you wouldn't have that problem. Wink

I'll remember that next Christmas when it will be a very real possibility again.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1137 on: January 02, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

I second that, but add in a good beer, and a cigar.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1138 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »

If you add in a hotel room I'll join you for all 3. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1139 on: January 02, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »

I just received a MAJOR BOMBSHELL in my Facebook Messages...

My ex-fiancee' has a daughter.  Her dad (my ex-fiancee's first ex-husband) has a brother-in-law that is MY COUSIN!!!!  My brother, who is an expert when it comes to genealogy pointed this out.  So, my ex-fiancee's daughter is MY COUSIN, albeit a little distant, but still we're related.  That means, my ex-fiancee' and I happen to be indirectly related.  You talk about a small world!  Its a good thing she and I never got married. Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1140 on: January 02, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »

My ex-fiancee' has a daughter.  Her dad (my ex-fiancee's first ex-husband) has a brother-in-law that is MY COUSIN!!!!  My brother, who is an expert when it comes to genealogy pointed this out.  So, my ex-fiancee's daughter is MY COUSIN, albeit a little distant, but still we're related.  That means, my ex-fiancee' and I happen to be indirectly related.  You talk about a small world!  Its a good thing she and I never got married. Smiley
I am confused (or maybe just slow). If the daughter's dad has a brother-in-law that is your cousin, doesn't that just make your ex fiancee your 2nd (?) cousin, or is the father married to another woman is who is a cousin of your cousin?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1141 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »

I am confused (or maybe just slow). If the daughter's dad has a brother-in-law that is your cousin, doesn't that just make your ex fiancee your 2nd (?) cousin, or is the father married to another woman is who is a cousin of your cousin?

I've got a message into my brother to explain it to me, but the brother-in-law is married to the dad's sister.  So, from what I can figure out, I am related to my ex-fiancee'.  I'm not sure the level of relationship.  So, you could say, that unknowingly, my ex-fiancee' and me committed incest, since she took my virginity...  We had no idea at the time, though!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1142 on: January 02, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »

It's official...

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1143 on: January 02, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »

I've got a message into my brother to explain it to me, but the brother-in-law is married to the dad's sister.  So, from what I can figure out, I am related to my ex-fiancee'.  I'm not sure the level of relationship.  So, you could say, that unknowingly, my ex-fiancee' and me committed incest, since she took my virginity...  We had no idea at the time, though!

You sir, are a sinner.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1144 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »

I hope Bushie enjoys the eternity of hellfire he has brought upon himself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1145 on: January 02, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »

I need to go on a diet too now that the holidays are over. Let's start one together, BushKE!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1146 on: January 02, 2013, 07:59:56 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

And a glass of whiskey or scotch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1147 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:32 PM »

Holy f**k.... finally this story has gone somewhere besides talking of overtime and the weather!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1148 on: January 02, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I like where you are going with this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1149 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

I like where you are going with this.

I always like where you go with things
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies