Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:08:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141745 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »

Look at Dr. J's signature.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1176 on: January 03, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I'd like to start the slow death diet with that burger, my friend.  Tongue

I second that, but add in a good beer, and a cigar.

And a glass of whiskey or scotch.

I like where you are going with this.

I always like where you go with things

I'm not sure about whiskey or scotch, but I might take a little white wine.

Nonsense BushKE. White wine is for little southern sorority girls who want to get white girl wasted before going out to the bars.

We are men, and as men, we will drink whiskey and scotch either up or on the rocks.

Alright, no white wine, then I'll take some amber ale.

Listen man, you committed incest. The least you can do is have some scotch with Andrew and I. Don't get soft on me now!

Fine then.  I'll have some Dr. Pepper on the rocks!

Come on, the dark side is pretty good. You can't make Andrew and I drink all that scotch by ourselves.

I'm always down for Scotch...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1177 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »

Think I should turn up the heat a bit?  It is currently 11 degrees with a wind chill of -4.

No, if anything, at that point you could turn it down...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1178 on: January 03, 2013, 03:14:58 PM »

Its slow today, but I'm still at work.  Overtime has been canceled for this evening, but I'll be leaving work at the normal 2:30.

For 2 days in a row... see!

As for the incest... can you draw us a chart of the relationship?  I can never get these stupid second cousin-twice-removed crap things figured out.  Too freaking complicated.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1179 on: January 03, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »

I would allow Inks to drink with us if he promised not to give us any death points for posts made after our excursions.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1180 on: January 03, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »

I hope Bushie enjoys the eternity of hellfire he has brought upon himself.
If heaven and hell are binary and Bushie is now firmly in the latter category, he may as well live it up before facing the inevitable. Blow and hookers for everybody!!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1181 on: January 03, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »

Why would one need to "turn up" or down heat. Don't you guys have automatic thermostats? Extremely standard equipment where I live.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1182 on: January 03, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »

As for the incest... can you draw us a chart of the relationship?  I can never get these stupid second cousin-twice-removed crap things figured out.  Too freaking complicated.

A chart is too complicated.  Here's a quick rundown of the relevant relationships (with made up names):

Bushie & Bob = third cousins (that is, they have one set of great grandparents in common…..and thus 1/128th of their DNA is the same)
Bob & Alice = married
Alice & Charles = sister/brother
Charles & Susan = married
Bushie & Susan = formerly engaged

Thus Bushie is "related" to his former fiancee Susan if you use a somewhat preposterous definition of being related.  You have to go through two marriages to get the relation.  By that definition, and by the loose relations involved here, going back three generations to include third cousins, each of us is probably related to hundreds of thousands of people alive today.

The only person in the above list who's a blood relative of Bushie is Bob (again, a name I invented since I don't know the real name), and a distant blood relative at that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1183 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »

True, you have to go through a couple marriages to get to the relationship, but its still funny to think about.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1184 on: January 03, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »

Kinda funny how Bushie seemed amused and excited by the fact that he may have committed incest. I guess that sort of thing is not a big deal in Oklahoma though. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1185 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »

Why would one need to "turn up" or down heat. Don't you guys have automatic thermostats? Extremely standard equipment where I live.

He means he say set the heat at 60 degrees and the furnance will regulate that temp all the time he has the heat on and set at that temp. But he feels it's too cold so he's wondering if he should turn it up to 65. It's pretty common termonology outside the south.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1186 on: January 03, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »

He means he say set the heat at 60 degrees and the furnance will regulate that temp all the time he has the heat on and set at that temp. But he feels it's too cold so he's wondering if he should turn it up to 65. It's pretty common termonology outside the south.

Actually, I have the heater set to 73.  It is a little cool in this room, so I may bump it up to 74-75.  I don't pay the utilities in this apartment, so I don't have to worry too much about excess energy.  I'm not going to abuse it, naturally, but I don't have to watch it like a hawk.

Oh, and remember, I'm from Oklahoma and while that's not exactly the "South", its close enough especially when it comes to climate.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1187 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »

I would allow Inks to drink with us if he promised not to give us any death points for posts made after our excursions.

I strongly disapprove of posting under the influence. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1188 on: January 03, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »

Actually, I have the heater set to 73.  It is a little cool in this room, so I may bump it up to 74-75.  I don't pay the utilities in this apartment, so I don't have to worry too much about excess energy.  I'm not going to abuse it, naturally, but I don't have to watch it like a hawk.

Oh, and remember, I'm from Oklahoma and while that's not exactly the "South", its close enough especially when it comes to climate.

I'm uncomfortable higher than 67 (only when it's a heater, obviously not in the summer), mainly due to difficulty breathing.  I'm most comfortable around 62.  I can't imagine 73, let alone 75.  Your energy bill has to be HUGE.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1189 on: January 03, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »

A chart is too complicated.  Here's a quick rundown of the relevant relationships (with made up names):

Bushie & Bob = third cousins (that is, they have one set of great grandparents in common…..and thus 1/128th of their DNA is the same)
Bob & Alice = married
Alice & Charles = sister/brother
Charles & Susan = married
Bushie & Susan = formerly engaged

Thus Bushie is "related" to his former fiancee Susan if you use a somewhat preposterous definition of being related.  You have to go through two marriages to get the relation.  By that definition, and by the loose relations involved here, going back three generations to include third cousins, each of us is probably related to hundreds of thousands of people alive today.

The only person in the above list who's a blood relative of Bushie is Bob (again, a name I invented since I don't know the real name), and a distant blood relative at that.

Nope... you lost me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1190 on: January 03, 2013, 08:50:38 PM »

Kinda funny how Bushie seemed amused and excited by the fact that he may have committed incest. I guess that sort of thing is not a big deal in Oklahoma though. 

I'm amused, because there's nothing I can do about it now!  I told my ex-fiancee' last night that I'm sure glad this didn't come out during or just after our engagement (which was the middle of the last decade).  That could have been VERY embarrassing!  I've asked for forgiveness from the Lord if I've done anything amiss, but I'm not distraught by it.  The thing is we had no idea at the time nor for 6 years after the engagement ended.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1191 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »

I got it... and this if this is right, in no way are they anywhere remotely related.  That's not incest...

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1192 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »

What a failed plot twist...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1193 on: January 03, 2013, 09:12:29 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1194 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

I'm just going to act like that whole incest scare didn't happen from here on.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1195 on: January 03, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »

There's too much Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in this thread and not enough Hamlet.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1196 on: January 03, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.

It depends, if you have a larger house or a ah less than ideal HVAC system certain parts of the house will get cooler or warmer than others. If you have drafts, you may also need to turn up further on windy days.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1197 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:09 PM »

There's too much Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in this thread and not enough Hamlet.

Hopefully it ends the same way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1198 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »

Hopefully it ends the same way.

Its not going to end anytime soon.  I'm already thinking about the title for Season 5 when Season 4 reaches 2,000 posts...

Oh, and its just not any cold out there.  Current temperature at 19:30 MST - 8 degrees, WCI -2.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1199 on: January 03, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »

The temp is relative, sometimes you can feel colder then you normally would at a certain temperate just because. If you're sick or just wearing more or less cold you might want to set the temp at a different setting to accomodate for it.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies