Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141778 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 03, 2013, 09:57:39 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.

The temp is relative, sometimes you can feel colder then you normally would at a certain temperate just because. If you're sick or just wearing more or less cold you might want to set the temp at a different setting to accomodate for it.

Exactly, If I'm cold, I don't care about my bill, I'll turn the heat up.  Subsequently in the summer, if I'm hot, I'll turn the a/c down regardless of the bill.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1201 on: January 03, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.

The temp is relative, sometimes you can feel colder then you normally would at a certain temperate just because. If you're sick or just wearing more or less cold you might want to set the temp at a different setting to accomodate for it.

Exactly, If I'm cold, I don't care about my bill, I'll turn the heat up.  Subsequently in the summer, if I'm hot, I'll turn the a/c down regardless of the bill.

That's just as stupid, why waste more money then you need to? The temp doesn't need to be over 65 for anyone to be comfortable. Anything more and the bill starts to spike quite a bit. Though I thought you said you didn't pay for utilities, but now you do? If you don't pay for it though, screw it crank the thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1202 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »

That's just as stupid, why waste more money then you need to? The temp doesn't need to be over 65 for anyone to be comfortable. Anything more and the bill starts to spike quite a bit. Though I thought you said you didn't pay for utilities, but now you do? If you don't pay for it though, screw it crank the thing.

I don't pay for it now, but I did in the house in OKC.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1203 on: January 03, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »

It's currently 55 in my apartment, and I'm happy with that. I usually kept my house at 65 before I moved.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1204 on: January 03, 2013, 10:39:10 PM »

I just cranked the heat up to 75.  My body is just cold right now.  I'm not sure if its because its 9 degrees outside or I'm just fatigued.  Its probably the former or a combination of the two.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1205 on: January 03, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »

Eww. 75 is disgusting! I guess if you're sick, you may need it a little warmer to compensate, but other than that I still say the temperature outside doesn't matter one iota. If you're inside, you're inside. As for drafts, why not do something about them rather than raising the thermostat? I duct tape all my window shut during the winter. I also just happened to have put on some weather stripping to the back door because a lot of heat was getting out in the small gap between the door and the floor. I'm the least handy person ever. This stuff is easy.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1206 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02:40 PM »

Really wish the whole incest thing didn't die out so quickly, this temperature conversation is boring as hell.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1207 on: January 03, 2013, 11:04:08 PM »

Eww. 75 is disgusting! I guess if you're sick, you may need it a little warmer to compensate, but other than that I still say the temperature outside doesn't matter one iota. If you're inside, you're inside. As for drafts, why not do something about them rather than raising the thermostat? I duct tape all my window shut during the winter. I also just happened to have put on some weather stripping to the back door because a lot of heat was getting out in the small gap between the door and the floor. I'm the least handy person ever. This stuff is easy.

The problem is, my apartment is brand new, I'm the first resident in the apartment and there are absolutely no drafts in either outside door.  Plus, I'm next to the building's laundry room so its even warmer than usual.  I haven't had to have my heat on a whole lot this fall/winter, yet, but the past few days I have been.  The thing about my heater is its perfectly quiet.  You only know its working because the temperature in the room gets warmer.  The coils under the floor heat up and allow the heat to rise in the room, pushing the cold air to the ceiling.  My heater makes absolutely no noise, whatsoever.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1208 on: January 03, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »

Really wish the whole incest thing didn't die out so quickly, this temperature conversation is boring as hell.

Really wish it was an actually incest scenario instead of whatever the hell it actually turned out to be.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1209 on: January 03, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »

The problem is, my apartment is brand new, I'm the first resident in the apartment and there are absolutely no drafts in either outside door.  Plus, I'm next to the building's laundry room so its even warmer than usual.  I haven't had to have my heat on a whole lot this fall/winter, yet, but the past few days I have been.  The thing about my heater is its perfectly quiet.  You only know its working because the temperature in the room gets warmer.  The coils under the floor heat up and allow the heat to rise in the room, pushing the cold air to the ceiling.  My heater makes absolutely no noise, whatsoever.
Nothing you said is a problem. A new apartment sounds lovely. And a quiet heater is great. Why would you want a demon furnace? A few years back BRTD mentioned that the heat in his old dumpy building couldn't keep up with the Minnesota cold. That is a problem. I also am not following you on the "pushing the cold air to the ceiling thing." Hot air always rises. But if your utilities are included, by all means, make yourself as cozy as you like. No need to scrimp on somebody else's dime.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1210 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:32 AM »

Nothing you said is a problem. A new apartment sounds lovely. And a quiet heater is great. Why would you want a demon furnace? A few years back BRTD mentioned that the heat in his old dumpy building couldn't keep up with the Minnesota cold. That is a problem.

Well a fixed one. I have no problem with the heat right now, and it's 15F outside.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1211 on: January 04, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I like my apartment on 70.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1212 on: January 04, 2013, 02:10:17 AM »

It depends, if you have a larger house or a ah less than ideal HVAC system certain parts of the house will get cooler or warmer than others. If you have drafts, you may also need to turn up further on windy days.

Yeah, if for some reason the thermostat wasn't representative of the whole house, you'd have to, but I doubt that's the case with Bushie's reasoning.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1213 on: January 04, 2013, 05:10:18 AM »

You've already adequately demonstrated that you can't handle money.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1214 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I like my apartment on 70.

70 degrees is a treat. I only leave mine that high when I have a party or special guests. Normally my thermostat is at 62 degrees, and it's lower when I'm sleeping or out of the house.

Damn Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  70 here, but I'm an old, you see Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1215 on: January 04, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »

I got The Update Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD for Christmas. Classic. So much better than this boring crap.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1216 on: January 04, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2013, 04:09:36 PM by Senator Duke »

I got The Update Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD for Christmas. Classic. So much better than this boring crap.

Seasons 1 and 2 are almost as great of a gift as the Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job Chrimbus Special DVD!

Remember the pregnancy scare? The sip of wine that caused him to sleep it off for 14 hours? Ameriscam? The vacuums? His diet that wasn't real? The cat scratching him that led to an emotional breakdown? The Kenyan children adoption argument? The multiple engagements? His first time?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1217 on: January 04, 2013, 04:21:40 PM »

One of my favs was when he kept talked about the Rainbow Play Systems, and was lying to everyone on facebook about how his company is going to build playgrounds, even though he told us it was vacuums. Oh man, that was amazing!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1218 on: January 04, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

I enjoyed his hurt feelings when his grandmother's birthday overshadowed his own.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1219 on: January 04, 2013, 05:36:57 PM »

I enjoyed his hurt feelings when his grandmother's birthday overshadowed his own.

I so forgot that!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1220 on: January 04, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »

Wow guys, thanks for reminding me of all the great episodes from the past! Though it really does drive home how much these latest seasons have decline in quality.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1221 on: January 04, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »

I heard in a few episodes we'll find out if Bushie is really a terrorist or not!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1222 on: January 04, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »

I slipped up on my New Year's diet this evening (so what's new, right?)  I went to Iggy's Sports Grill in West Jordan, Utah for dinner and just had a hamburger with no fries.  Not too bad on its own.  However, I satisfied one of my cravings.  Mind you, it is 9 degrees outside with a WCI below zero.  I indulged in a ROOT BEER FLOAT!!  I was going to go to Walmart on my way home from dinner and get some groceries, but for some reason, I was shivering up a storm on my way out to the car from the restaurant.  I can't figure out why. Tongue  I decided I'd better come home and thaw out and attempt the Walmart run in the morning!  This is one of the rare instances that the ice cream was warmer than the air outside!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1223 on: January 04, 2013, 10:21:17 PM »

I so forgot that!
I've got a good head for trivia and stories. Which is why I was a history major. But even I can't keep up with all the jobs (and I use the term very loosely) he's had. OK Gas company. On company. Kirby vacuums. Rainbow vacuums. Ameriscam. Sprint. Dell. Xerox. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Whatever happened to the reverand [sic] subplot? Was he ever preaching the gospel. Or <shudders> giving people advice about their personal situations. So many loose ends. A modest home with a mortgage in OK. Expenses greatly in excess of income. I've had the same steady job for six years now and I live damn frugally just to get by and squirrel away a small bit away each month in case of an unexpected expense, which, of course, hits me every month or two. Gonna need new tires soon. That's gonna be an Inks, but that's why I try so hard to save money whenever possible! No regular meals out, local hotel stays, church membership/tithing, or children, adoptive or otherwise for this very steadily employed cowboy. And I would LOVE to hear more about the calendar rituals. I'm not completely up on the details of those. I do wish the best for Bushie, and I slightly regret that this post is so ugly and judgmental. But I have a very nosey side with a tendancy to know when I'm being served a load of bull. But I can suspend disbelief as well as the next guy. I like a good novel and a good tv show. I'm fairly willing to overlook plot holes so long as the word fiction is printed on the label. Or maybe the jokes on us for not getting what has been so obvious all along. Somewhere out there, there is an art benefactor who would pony up big bucks for this post-postmodern anti-masterpiece. In 100 years, this might just be required reading for all school children. The lessons are quite nicely layered and instructive. It's hard to say what the literary world will latch on to. Shakespeare wasn't considered high art in his day either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: January 05, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »

Its been a pretty good day so far.  I woke up this morning around 8:45 and went to Walmart at 9:30 to get some groceries.  I got home about 10:45 and have been doing laundry and some cleaning ever
since.

I did start a diet on Tuesday and have been weighing myself every day.  I'm not losing real fast, and what I have lost is water weight, but I'm not gorging myself on food.  I cheated last night and went to Iggy's Sports Grill over in West Jordan.  That didn't cause me to gain any weight as I hadn't had anything really up until that point.  I started the diet at 267.0 and am down to 266.4.  Clearly water weight, but I'm not looking to lose real fast.  That 267, though, did intrigue me because the last time I weighed just after Christmas, I was up at 270.  I'm curious as to how those 3 points went off.  It's probably water weight, because I don't recall doing anything to cause me to lose 3 pounds.  I do have a goal of being down to 260 by the end of January.  I'm not going to set big goals right now, I just want to lose a little bit so I can start feeling better and then I'll go for the big goals after I get down just a bit.  While I'm not setting a big goal right now, I do have a small goal (more like a step) of 250 by the time I go to Kenya in March (if I'm able to go, that is).
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies