Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141615 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: January 05, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:  The Mission Trip to Kenya in March 2013 has been postponed due to the Kenyan Presidential Election that is scheduled to happen in March.  The team coordinator, who is a native of Kisumu, was not comfortable taking 15 Americans to the country with an unstable political climate.  As you might know the National Elections were postponed from late last year.  She is too wary of the political unrest and possibly retaliation on foreigners, especially Americans.  The group that is in Oklahoma is going to meet next Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 4:00 pm CST to discuss a future date.  No word if that will be in the summer or the fall and too early to tell if this will impact the March 2014 trip.  That's actually a relief to me so I can stay at work for a while longer before taking off for another week to go to Kenya.  My supervisor already knows about my vested interest in Kenya, but having just taken off a week in November and a week in December, I really didn't want to take off another week in March.  Personally, I hope the trip is postponed until at least June, and even more preferable beyond that, maybe August.  If I do go later this year, that will likely hinder or shorten my trip back to Oklahoma this next Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1226 on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:36 PM »

It's time you met a nice lady, Bushie. I remember when breaking news stories involved Tiffanye postponing returning the ring or Susan revealing she had a boyfriend in the past. Or that as of X time, you were no longer a virgin.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1227 on: January 05, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »

It's time you met a nice lady, Bushie. I remember when breaking news stories involved Tiffanye postponing returning the ring or Susan revealing she had a boyfriend in the past. Or that as of X time, you were no longer a virgin.

I'm not really interested in women right now.  If one comes along, I'm certainly not going to shy away from it, but I'm not going to go out and seek one.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1228 on: January 05, 2013, 07:28:14 PM »

I'm not really interested in women right now.  If one comes along, I'm certainly not going to shy away from it, but I'm not going to go out and seek one.

Well go and find a nice fella, Jeff! We don't judge here and you know this!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1229 on: January 05, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »

I think a coming out of the closet story would be great! There's hasn't been any sincerity in the update since.......ever, I guess. It would make him feel more like a real person. Character development is so critical.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1230 on: January 05, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

Well go and find a nice fella, Jeff! We don't judge here and you know this!

Hey he's already in enough trouble for the incest thing. Don't encourage him to be even more sinful.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1231 on: January 05, 2013, 07:57:58 PM »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1232 on: January 05, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1233 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:34 PM »

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.
And it's really ok as long as you understand that it just like the polling from before the election. There is a "margin of error" so to speak because of regular fluctuations. Don't get too encouraged by PPP because Rasmussen is coming up next. You need a long term regression. Imagine this thing that I stole from wikipedia only with a negative slope.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1234 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1235 on: January 05, 2013, 09:05:48 PM »

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.

That may have worked for you, but what works for one person may not work for the next person.  My thing is if I don't weigh everyday, then I am more likely to be overly optimistic about how I've done that day and think myself to have done better than I actually have.  That will lead to sabotage of my own campaign.  The net result is I am more likely to GAIN weight as opposed to lose weight.  You've probably noticed, but I am different than a lot of people.  What works for the average person probably will not work for me and what affects the average person will likely affect me a lot differently.  A couple of examples, caffeine is more of a depressant for me instead of a stimulant (ok, that's not too uncommon, but still) and  I can't lay down with a headache without it getting much worse.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1236 on: January 05, 2013, 09:39:27 PM »

It really depends on your personality.  If you're like me, and can realize weight fluctuates everyday (or becomes motivated when your weight gains in one day), day weighing is good.  Day weighing is what made me lose weight through wrestling.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1237 on: January 05, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »

This would be impossible for Bushie, who needs something to schedule and track obsessively.  Frequent updates eliminate uncertainty, which he's terrified of.  It doesn't help him any, of course, and you're probably right, but personality disorders are like that Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1238 on: January 05, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »

This would be impossible for Bushie, who needs something to schedule and track obsessively.  Frequent updates eliminate uncertainty, which he's terrified of.  It doesn't help him any, of course, and you're probably right, but personality disorders are like that Tongue

I know... but that is more likely to lead to failure, because while Inks might understand that weight fluctuates, sometimes (and more likely to be) more wildly while you're trying to lose weight, I don't think Bushie has demonstrated the ability to have the degree of reason required.

Best wishes to him...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1239 on: January 06, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »

You could just stop eating crap.. that helps.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1240 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:49 AM »

Sunday!  Sunday is my favorite day of the week.  Why?  It is the day I am able to worship the King of kings and Lord of lords corporately with a body of believers.  Going to church on Sunday is the best way to prepare for Monday-Saturday.  Sunday trumps the other 6 days hands down.  It more often than not gives me renewed strength and courage to face Monday.  Sunday is the first day of the week, and there is no better place to start the week than in God's house.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1241 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »

Bushie have you ever seen someone preach at church wearing a hoodie?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1242 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »

Wait, when was Kenya March 2013 even mentioned?  You'd lose your job taking that much time off this early.  Were you going to quit before you went to Kenya?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1243 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:30 PM »

Wait, when was Kenya March 2013 even mentioned?  You'd lose your job taking that much time off this early.  Were you going to quit before you went to Kenya?

For real! Stop taking all this time off. The first vacation I took was in October, over a year after I started with this company.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1244 on: January 06, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

I've never understood how he manages to get so much time off.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1245 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »

I've never understood how he manages to get so much time off.

He loses the job, that's how,  you see.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1246 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:39 PM »

Me either.. I hate taking time off. Even though I get all this PTO time, I'm always fearful I will lose my job because of it. Of course, I don't have my mom to depend on for my expenses if I lose my job, so maybe I have a different view of it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1247 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:53 PM »

I haven't actually been approved for that time off.  Now that it will be delayed until the Summer time at the earliest, it will be slightly easier.  If I don't get approved for that time off.  Its simple, I'll stay at work and take my trip in March 2014.  I really don't want to wait 2 years to see the kids, but if that is what is required, it is what will have to happen.  I had not committed to this Kenya trip, its just something that I would like to go to.  Like I said, I've got the leave request into my supervisor and its totally his decision.  If he lets me go, great, if not, that's fine I'll just go in March 2014.  I'm not going to purposefully jeopardize my job, so I'm leaving it totally in my supervisor's court.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1248 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »

Me either.. I hate taking time off. Even though I get all this PTO time, I'm always fearful I will lose my job because of it. Of course, I don't have my mom to depend on for my expenses if I lose my job, so maybe I have a different view of it.

Thank God I don't live in the states and fear the sword of Damocles...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1249 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »

I really don't want to wait 2 years to see the kids,

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length