Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:49:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141672 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 23, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »

jesus, so not complicated.

calories out > calories in = weight loss
calories in > calories out = more fat

the longer you bullsh**t yourself about waiting, the more "calories in" will exceed "calories out."  plus, every time you bullsh**t and wait, it turns out to have not been justified.  how can I tell?  because you're fatter than you'd have been if you'd just started immediately.  so, stop bullsh**tting and just start doing it.  I don't care about your reasons or anecdotes.  This is simple math and you are failing over and over.

First and only time I'll post in this thread, if I get the response I expect.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »

jesus, so not complicated.

calories out > calories in = weight loss
calories in > calories out = more fat

the longer you bullsh**t yourself about waiting, the more "calories in" will exceed "calories out."  plus, every time you bullsh**t and wait, it turns out to have not been justified.  how can I tell?  because you're fatter than you'd have been if you'd just started immediately.  so, stop bullsh**tting and just start doing it.  I don't care about your reasons or anecdotes.  This is simple math and you are failing over and over.

First and only time I'll post in this thread, if I get the response I expect.

I guess everyone forgets that I did lose 25 pounds starting about a year ago and that in the past 8 months, I've only gained 5 pounds of that back.  I will be getting back to it starting with my next trip to Walmart which will occur on December 1.  In the mean time, I will be eating less with what I've already got, so as not to waste money.  I will be having things like the aforementioned spaghetti, soft tacos, macaroni and cheese, etc.  The reason I don't do a whole lot in December is because of the multiple Christmas parties scattered about the entire month.  This December, I will have at least 3 Christmas Parties plus a New Year's Eve Party that I know of, including Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve.  It seems as if every week, I will have something going on.  Its because of all the parties that I am not just going to sit here and do nothing.  I'm going to do what I can with the light cooking as well as walking about 15 minutes of my 30-minute lunch each day at work and parking at the back of the Walmart parking lot (or whichever store I may grace).  I will also be eliminating the regular sodas and switching exclusively to Diet Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, and a lot more water.  I'm going to be doing little things over the next month to negate the Christmas parties.  Starting January 1, I will be looking for a yoga class around Salt Lake City.  I'm really interested in trying yoga, and I've heard while its not a major weight-loss exercise program, per se, it creates a mindset that is more conducive to losing weight.  In fact, while we are speaking, I am looking up yoga classes that I could join for relatively cheap at the first of January.  At the very least, I will be trying to find a low cost gym membership so I can use their treadmills.

I'm not going to be sitting here doing nothing in December.  I am going to get busy, I just will be stepping it up even more on January 2.

I've eliminated the parts that are just unnecessary bullsh**tting

Calories out > Calories in.

Make Calories out as greater than Calories in as possible without: 1) Hurting yourself, 2) Ruining your life.

Are you doing that?

If not, stop typing paragraphs I'm not going to read and start now.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2012, 07:30:03 PM by Grad Students are the Worst »

the fact that you choose to unnecessarily increase your daily calorie in count, instead of increase your calorie out count, shows that you don't sincerely care about this.  It shows that you prioritize getting away with increasing your calories out over the equivalent reduction in calories.

Don't write me a three-paragraph emotive response to this, because I won't read that noise.  If you can't show that this prioritizes calories out over calories in, it's bullsh**t.  Stop deluding yourself, and stop wasting everyone's time.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »

the fact that you choose to unnecessarily increase your daily calorie in count, instead of increase your calorie out count, shows that you don't sincerely care about this.  It shows that you prioritize getting away with increasing your calories out over the equivalent reduction in calories.

Don't write me a three-paragraph emotive response to this, because I won't read that noise.  If you can't show that this prioritizes calories out over calories in, it's bullsh**t.  Stop deluding yourself, and stop wasting everyone's time.

I'm just telling what the link shows.  It doesn't mean I'm going to milk the extra calories for all they are worth.  I guess you've also missed the post that I have started exercising.  I guess the 2.5 miles yesterday doesn't even show up?  What do I have to do? Exercise and starve?

Again, your anecdote-laden three-paragraph explanations are of no use to me.  You accomplish things by setting standards and then following through on them.  When I see you writing something like this...

"For an extra day of exercise, I can have an extra 75-100 calories a day and be fine."

...it's a red flag you're not doing that.  If you are exercising and reducing your calories as much as you can without doing greater damage to your quality of life, great.  If not, start.  The rest is noise, and I think you abuse that noise to rationalize and to get attention, and I'm not indulging it.  I'm interested in the standard-setting and the follow-through and little else.

Also, bro, I never told you to "exercise and starve."  Check yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies