Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:23:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141063 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: October 17, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »

The other update thread was locked to relieve stress on the server.  I was given the green light to begin a new update thread in its place, so a new update thread it is!

Why am I naming the last two threads as Soap Operas?, because I'll admit, that's what my forum life is - a soap opera, and not to toot my own horn, but probably a lot more creative than the real daytime television soaps.

The last update thread lasted 11 months and over 2600 replies starting with Kenya.

So, I want to begin this Update Thread where the last Update Thread began - in Kenya.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

So, about Kenya.

I'm praying about something that I think is God's voice.  I still have more praying to do and more soul searching to do before I confirm it is His voice.  This thought is in response to what the middle of the last Update thread was largely about and an answer to Inks' question from early August.

I still may be moving to Kenya in the future, anyway.  I'm thinking my move to Utah is not going to be permanent and that I will be in Kenya by the end of the decade.  God has not given me a timeline, yet, and nor have I officially confirmed this is God speaking.  I'm trying to be very sensitive to His still, small voice.  If I were to place a time on it, I would be down there sometime in 2017-2018.  God could keep 2015, or he could make it 2020, or he could make it annual or bi-annual visits only.  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.  What I'm figuring right now is that my move to Utah was, of course to work, but also to spread the word about Maisha and all the 450 Orphans in Kenya that are still unsponsored.  I'm really in a state of confusion right now, so I'm praying about it real hard.  I know my God is the Author of Peace, not of confusion, so I know He will show me His Will and will give me the peace to go through with it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

Noises.  That darn tractor, maybe I'll get some 4 in 1 oil and that ought to do it...

(Putting on my best Kevin Costner front from The Field of Dreams)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »

Another week is in the books.  I am enjoying my Friday evening watching the replay of The Situation Room on CNN from this afternoon.  I was going to go to Walmart, but I'm just too pooped to go anywhere else tonight.

I'm starting to make plans for Christmas.  If I can get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, I will be flying back to Oklahoma on December 22 for a Christmas fellowship with my family and friends in Oklahoma.  If I cannot get Christmas Eve or Christmas Day off, my parents will be flying to Utah to spend a few days with me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »

I seriously doubt we will, but there's always that unfortunate circumstance that could arise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »

How's the diet coming along? Any ladies in your life? Move in going well and getting settled in Utah? Do you ever see jamespol and texasindy?

Diet is coming along slowly but surely.  No ladies, yet.  I'm doing well here in Utah and I have only seen jamespol once and have not seen texasindy, yet.  I'll get together with jamespol after the election, most likely.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

I seriously doubt we will, but there's always that unfortunate circumstance that could arise.

What's your job title?  It's web design, right, not just general IT?

Official title is Web Designer, but I do have general IT in my scope of duties, as well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »

Officially, my weight is sitting at 263 as of this morning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home.  Any advice you could give me would be great!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home. Any advice you could give me would be great!

Grow a pair and quit sounding like a kid who hate summer camp and wants to come home.  If you can't hack it on your own in Utah, forget Kenya.

A lot of people on facebook have said the same thing.  I totally believe it.  I knew my move to Utah was somehow connected to my eventual move to Kenya, but I never thought of it as a test.  It is absolutely true, if I give up and move back to Oklahoma, I can forget about ever moving to Kenya.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »

If you seriously are having troubles in Utah for personal reasons.....you should really realize that moving to Kenya would be a complete and utter disaster.

Have you ever heard of homesickness?  I feel much better today, BTW.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »

I feel much better today.  The thoughts of giving up and going back to Oklahoma are not there today.  The change started last night when I looked around in my apartment, went outside and took a look at the mountains on my east side and said "I'm home".  I am not about to give up now.  In fact, right now, we are starting the process of getting my house in Oklahoma ready to put on the market.  I have no need to move back into that house, anymore as I feel firmly entrenched up here, now.  The only thing that can derail it is if the job goes kaput.  I don't foresee that happening, though.  I have been given no promises, but that's actually good, because the last few places have given me those promises and next thing I know I'm hitting the classified ads out of the Sunday paper.  I have no intention of going back to my old way of life that dominated the first three decades of my life.  Now, I will be 30 1/2 next Monday, October 29 and I really feel I am in Utah for a while.  This is definitely not going to be a permanent place, because I believe it may be preparation for moving to Kenya later on in the decade.  By the time I go, I will be within 3-5 years of 40, so it should be easier to live there without getting too homesick.

I feel so much better today!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

I was very encouraged this afternoon.  I called my Maisha coordinator and we still have a lot of praying and planning, but the plans are in place for me to move to Kenya sometime between late 2015 and early 2017.  They have plans for a Maisha Academy in 2014 and then a volunteer home in 2015 where the volunteers like myself would live instead of wasting money by living in the city.  Again, we still have a lot of praying and planning to do, but God is getting me ready to move down there by having me live in Utah for an extended period of time.  I imagine I will move back to Oklahoma before I move to Kenya, but probably not for all that long.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:11 PM »

I haven't talked about them much, but the past 7 1/2 months, my life has felt much more complete since I became the father of two precious children, Mercy and Phelix.  I have been beaming from ear to ear today knowing that I will be going home for a visit in just 4 1/2 months and that I will be moving down there with them in 4 1/2 years or less!  My goal is to be down there by my 35th birthday (April 29, 2017).  The only question is whether I will move from Utah, or if I'll move back to Oklahoma about 12-18 months in advance and then move from Oklahoma.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

Seriously, why do you always do these time plans?

1) I enjoy time, clocks, and calendars.  2) OCD.   3) I talked with the director of Maisha over the phone Thursday and that was the timeline she mentioned.  The volunteer home is scheduled to be start sometime in 2015, probably our summer time (their winter).  It took 8 months for the first project to be built from the ground up (a medical clinic) to completion, so I figure if it is started in August 2015, it will be completed by April-May 2016.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »

Seriously, why do you always do these time plans?

1) I enjoy time, clocks, and calendars.  2) OCD.   3) I talked with the director of Maisha over the phone Thursday and that was the timeline she mentioned.  The volunteer home is scheduled to be start sometime in 2015, probably our summer time (their winter).  It took 8 months for the first project to be built from the ground up (a medical clinic) to completion, so I figure if it is started in August 2015, it will be completed by April-May 2016.

If you're certain that you want to move to Kenya....why not go immediately? I don't understand the whole "I'm certain that I'll go in 4 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 days and 8 hours" thing.

If I could, I would.  Things are not ready for me, yet.  Maisha has planned to build  a volunteer home for volunteers like me to live in so we don't waste money living in the city.  First, though, they are going to build a Maisha Academy for the children in 2014, then the volunteer home in 2015.  They are working on grants for both projects right now.  For what I will be doing down there, it would be much more cost-efficient to reside in a volunteer home on the Maisha campus rather than living in Downtown Kisumu and have to find a "Tuk-Tuk" (Shuttle) to take me back and forth to Maisha which is 35-40 minutes one way from Downtown.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »

Have you found a bride yet so that you can legally adopt those kids? Or are you going to just continue to refer yourself as the father of them?

I have not found a bride, but I am going to continue to refer to myself as their father.

If I could, I would.  Things are not ready for me, yet.  Maisha has planned to build  a volunteer home for volunteers like me to live in so we don't waste money living in the city.  First, though, they are going to build a Maisha Academy for the children in 2014, then the volunteer home in 2015.  They are working on grants for both projects right now.  For what I will be doing down there, it would be much more cost-efficient to reside in a volunteer home on the Maisha campus rather than living in Downtown Kisumu and have to find a "Tuk-Tuk" (Shuttle) to take me back and forth to Maisha which is 35-40 minutes one way from Downtown.

Who the heck is Maisha?  Ths is the first we've heard of her... but now I think I see the attraction..

Maisha is the name of the orphanage.  The orphanage is in Kisumu, Kenya and the headquarters is in Oklahoma City.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:29 AM »

I have not found a bride, but I am going to continue to refer to myself as their father.

Not trying to be too negative....but what basis do you have for considering yourself their father? Other than that you want to be?

I provide for them financially and have the love of a father.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »

Not trying to be ugly, but how can Bushie financially support children given his situation? Not that I'm in a position to support children either...

I'm not going to give figures, because I don't want to go back on mod review, but I'm doing better in my financial situation recently.  My bank account is at a comfortable level, nothing too much, but nothing too scary, either.

Not trying to be too negative....but what basis do you have for considering yourself their father? Other than that you want to be?

I provide for them financially and have the love of a father.

You realize, even if you're in Kenya you will never have custody of them, right?

Yes, I am aware of that, unless I meet an American bride willing to travel to Kenya or meet a Kenyan bride.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »

mercy? 

i thought the gal's name was hope?

do you not know the name of your 'children?'

Mercy is her first name, Hope is her middle name.  She goes by both names.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »

I am about ready to put my house on the market.  Actually, the gentleman that wants to buy it wants to assume my loan.  I called my mortgage company and I can indeed assume the loan.  They are going to send me an assumption packet to fill out and have this gentleman fill out.  So, to take care of that, I will be flying back to Oklahoma on Friday, November 9, 2012.  My parents will have the packet by the day before so it will be waiting on me.  I will be returning to Salt Lake City on Thursday, November 15, 2012.  If everything goes smoothly, I should be able to hand the keys of the house over to this gentleman before Christmas.  The good news is, once I sign all the paperwork and send everything in, I won't have to sign anything else to officially hand it over as the process will count as my signatures, so I won't have to make another trip home unless I come home for Christmas.  While I am home in November, we'll go ahead and have our Thanksgiving Dinner as a family.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »

Spend a couple hundred bucks and have a brief consultation with a real estate attorney concerning your plans for the house. It's extremely important that you make good decisions with these huge financial decisions. I'm the furthest thing from an expert in this field, but something doesn't quite smell right.

We're not looking to make any kind of profit on this house, we just want to get out from under it.  We've talked to a realtor who graduated from my high school a year before I did.  I also talked to my mortgage company.  My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat.  My realtor is on standby just in case we have to go the market route.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »

Here is a small twist in the story as to why I am able to take a full week off work so soon into the job.  I have been offered and accepted a higher paying position in Salt Lake City with CHG Healthcare.  They are a network that hosts itinerate physicians and it will be my job to dispatch these physicians to hospitals (mostly rural) who need to stay open even while a regular staff doctor takes two weeks off.  Hospitals and clinics have to have a minimum number of doctors on staff at any given time and CHG is a way they can get doctors to fill in without having to hire another physician and play musical roles with the rest of the staff.  It is a call center in the fact that I will be making calls and coordinating with the physicians and the hospitals and connecting them.  The job pays $40,000 with benefits.  With my current job and my current paychecks it would have only added up to a little over $26,000, not the $36K they promised me.  CHG will start on Monday, November 19, 2012.  I put in my two weeks notice on Monday with the termination date on Thursday, November 8, 2012.  So, I will have time to go home for a bit without having to ask my supervisor.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

Interesting. What are the hours of this new job? I imagine it would be somewhat tedious. Hell, just doing phone banking for the Hasner campaign tires me Tongue

Unsure about the hours, just yet, but I imagine they'll be close to "normal" hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »

This guy leaves job for scam bit never gets old.

Except its not a scam.  I had a phone interview last Wednesday and had a live interview last Friday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies