Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:08:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141054 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: October 17, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

You hear voices?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

Not trying to be ugly, but how can Bushie financially support children given his situation? Not that I'm in a position to support children either...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

Have you paid your parents back all the money you owe them? Are you building an emergency fund in case the world crashes in on you as it does for everybody from time to time? Should be at least 6 months living expenses. I'm working on that one right now. I only have a couple of months saved up right now, but I feel really good about my progress.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »

Spend a couple hundred bucks and have a brief consultation with a real estate attorney concerning your plans for the house. It's extremely important that you make good decisions with these huge financial decisions. I'm the furthest thing from an expert in this field, but something doesn't quite smell right.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »

This guy leaves job for scam bit never gets old.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »

Has anybody else had the experience of a job lying about pay, even once? I never have.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:12:56 AM »

You used a travel agent to change parking? Wtf?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:47:13 AM »

What are you going to do if there is 5 inches of snow on the ground when you land back in SLC?  You have a job to get back to.
Sure about that, Grumps?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »

What sort of work will you do in Kenya?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

There are tons of comission based sales jobs out there too if that is your inclination. Medical sales, in particular, is a huge industry.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »

There are tons of comission based sales jobs out there too if that is your inclination. Medical sales, in particular, is a huge industry.

We've already tried that, you know.
I don't think Bushie has ever had a legit sales job. Not saying that'd be his thing. It's certainly not mine. Now that I think about it, maybe he'd be good at fund raising. He's apparantly convinced people to support him in going to Africa and such. Perhaps he could be successful at soliciting donations for charity.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »

Bushie, have you joined a church in Utah? People are usually willing to extend an invitation on Thanksgiving if you make it known that you have nowhere to go. Cause the thought of you eating Thanksgiving dinner at Golden Corral by yourself is so damn depressing. No offense.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »

The fail is so dense in this thread that not even light can escape. What are we mere mortals to do?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »

So give yourself some incentives.  If you don't reach 200 pounds by [DATE], you have to / can't do [X].
I believe we already played this game with mod review. Losing weight is obviously outside of his capacity. Getting all puritanical about self-control doesn't help. The man needs amphetamines.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »

Doable for someone with even basic self-discipline ...

Pity Bushie won't be able to do it, then.
No sense blaming Bushie. The stats on recovering from obesity are abysmal. It's so rare for a fat to acheive a healthy weight that the few who acheive it get to be on the covers of magazines. Obesity is a brain disorder in which the hunger drive is much greater than what is healthy. We're dealing with a psychiatric issue. And a devastating one at that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »

Why does everybody assume the losing weight and keeping it off is something that is within Bushie's capabilities? If it were, he would have done so long ago.  Perhaps he should will himself into the NBA while he's at it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »

We shall see if it is within my capabilities, won't we, memphis?
We have been seeing it for several years already. You can't will yourself out of a psychiatric condition. At best, you could move to an urban neighborhood where walking is more convenient than driving.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »

The idea that people find it difficult not to eat 3000 calories per day is really, really baffling to me. Maybe I'm under-estimating how many calories I do actually consume, but I think I would find it challenging (and expensive!) to eat that much daily. Do they eat ten extra donuts for snacks randomly throughout the day or something?
Yes, it is extremely challenging to eat an amount different than what your brain is telling you to eat. Most people can do it for a short period of time, but after a while will go back to what they are used to. Which is why just about everybody who loses weight unrelated to severe illness or age will gain it back. Until we treat the brain, fighting obesity will not be effective.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »

Ahem... You looked at the wrong menu items.  I always get 2 bacon, egg, & cheese biscuits for breakfast and a Double Quarter w/ cheese.  Since they took away my Diet Dr Pepper, I have to get a Coke.  I havent developed a taste for Diet Coke.
This is VanderBlubb hacking his account, right? I was really feeling sorry for Bushie until I read this.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »

Ok, so be honest. How often do you get a double whatever? Hamburgers are super easy to cook. You can buy them already shaped at the grocery. Cook on stovetop at medium heat until done. Flip once. Ultimate bachelor food I like to throw in some chopped onions in the pan, but you don't have to do that. And it's much better than fast food burgers, which always have a strange fluffy consistency. You can get frozen fries also, which bake in about 15 minutes.  Much less grease than fast food. You'll save a few dollars too.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »

Just get a cheap frying pan at WalMart. Less than $5.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »

Just a heads up. I was in San Fran this summer. Walking around is pretty strenuous there because of the hills. And driving is very tricky due to density and lack of parking.  And hotels are crazy expensive.  Just a word of caution. The national parks in the Western states are fantastic though!!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »

Just a heads up. I was in San Fran this summer. Walking around is pretty strenuous there because of the hills. And driving is very tricky due to density and lack of parking.  And hotels are crazy expensive.  Just a word of caution. The national parks in the Western states are fantastic though!!!

The parks are great....but not if you only sit in your car.
I would prefer to get out and hike, but the scenery, even from the car, is spectacular. The National Park Service does a phenomenal job at making things accessible for people of all fitness levels. I will never forget taking the Beartooth Highway into Yellowstone and seeing the snow fall in July. Even a youtube clip of it is insane! 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »

Walking around San Francisco kicked my Inks last summer.  It's like being on one of those stair stepper machines.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »

With your job so close, you should walk or bike to work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies