Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:53:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141095 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: October 22, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »

I can't imagine you'd be open on Christmas...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »

I seriously doubt we will, but there's always that unfortunate circumstance that could arise.

What's your job title?  It's web design, right, not just general IT?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »

I seriously doubt we will, but there's always that unfortunate circumstance that could arise.

What's your job title?  It's web design, right, not just general IT?

Official title is Web Designer, but I do have general IT in my scope of duties, as well.

Well, I doubt they'll have you work Christmas then.  Most people don't need to go on their insurance provider's website on Christmas, even if it were to crash.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »

Officially, my weight is sitting at 263 as of this morning.

as long as it's "official"...

I guess "official" means it's true but "exactly" means it's just a random guess (that just so happens to be wrong by like 15 pounds... we've got Zogby polls with better MoEs than that...).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home.  Any advice you could give me would be great!

As in quit your job?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 01:30:37 AM »

Not trying to be ugly, but how can Bushie financially support children given his situation? Not that I'm in a position to support children either...

I'm not going to give figures, because I don't want to go back on mod review, but I'm doing better in my financial situation recently.  My bank account is at a comfortable level, nothing too much, but nothing too scary, either.

I have not found a bride, but I am going to continue to refer to myself as their father.

Not trying to be too negative....but what basis do you have for considering yourself their father? Other than that you want to be?

I provide for them financially and have the love of a father.

You realize, even if you're in Kenya you will never have custody of them, right?

Yes, I am aware of that, unless I meet an American bride willing to travel to Kenya or meet a Kenyan bride.

Mod review?  Jeff, you can give out all the personal information about yourself that you wish, and I won't infract you a single point.  You can post your bank statements, the amount you tithe; heck - I'll even let you post your SSN at this point.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 01:14:15 AM »

This guy leaves job for scam bit never gets old.

Except its not a scam.  I had a phone interview last Wednesday and had a live interview last Friday.

The man who compusively updates an Internet forum about his life didn't tell the forum he had TWO interviews for a job?  Something doesn't smell right...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 02:17:44 AM »

Bushie really needs to go on tour with Obama... if he's scored 4 jobs this easily, surely unemployment can't be as high as Romney says it is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 03:05:14 AM »

So it appears that despite the new setting the writers are just recycling the same old plot lines and plot elements. I'm hoping these are just filler episodes and we have a big twist coming up.

I'm trying to slowly wean myself off the Update.  So, the writers hopefully won't have as much new fodder to serve up.

Or you could quit cold turkey:

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »

So, my plans for Tuesday are set:  Here goes:

2:30 am - Wake Up
3:00 am - Turn on to CNN
5:00 am - Breakfast
6:45 am - Leave for Precinct
7:00 am - Vote
7:30 am - Continue with CNN
11:00 am - Lunch
3:00 pm - Activate the DVR
4:00 pm - Start watching returns
3:00 am Wednesday - Go to Bed

no exercise of any kind.

And no time for the Word.

I'll probably wake up at 1:30 or 2:00 so I can get into God's Word.

To be honest, I'm not worried about calories on Election Day.  I'm going to watch what I eat that day and won't go overboard on calorie-laden food, but I'm not worried about exercising that day.  I'll exercise Monday and Wednesday.

Jeff, to be honest, you haven't worried about calories the last 20 years or so.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »

Irrational fear of the backlash from the truth.  I don't stop to think that the backlash from the lie is worse than that from the truth.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why I'm trying to wean myself off the Update thread.

Seriously... stop trying to "wean" yourself off.  Go see a doctor.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 11:39:04 PM »

So if CHG "fizzled" on Friday, then this post, where you admitted your lie ALSO CONTAINED A LIE:

Yeah, that last part of the post wasn't accurate.  Yes, it was a lie.  It would have been accurate had my plans worked. Who knows what the reason was they let me go.  It could have been the bereavement leave the week before, even though my supervisor clearly told me to take off the rest of the week.  Unless she did that with this in mind.  I kind of have a feeling the "restructuring" started in mid-October as opposed to late October.  Who knows.  Whatever reason it was, I'm over it now, just waiting on my final paycheck.  While I've got CHG ready to go on November 26, I've got 3 other items in the pipeline just in case it were to fall through.  Based on my history, I am skeptical when any one offers a job to me, especially with a relatively large amount ($40,000).  I've got three other jobs in the cooker right now that I will follow up on this week.  One of the places, is only 1/2 - 3/4 mile from me, so I can walk there without getting on the main road.

Seriously... why even post this as the "Update" thread?  Why not just call it Bushie's fantasyland?  At least you'd make Al happy... do you lie to your family as much as this forum?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:40 PM »

So if CHG "fizzled" on Friday, then this post, where you admitted your lie ALSO CONTAINED A LIE:

Yeah, that last part of the post wasn't accurate.  Yes, it was a lie.  It would have been accurate had my plans worked. Who knows what the reason was they let me go.  It could have been the bereavement leave the week before, even though my supervisor clearly told me to take off the rest of the week.  Unless she did that with this in mind.  I kind of have a feeling the "restructuring" started in mid-October as opposed to late October.  Who knows.  Whatever reason it was, I'm over it now, just waiting on my final paycheck.  While I've got CHG ready to go on November 26, I've got 3 other items in the pipeline just in case it were to fall through.  Based on my history, I am skeptical when any one offers a job to me, especially with a relatively large amount ($40,000).  I've got three other jobs in the cooker right now that I will follow up on this week.  One of the places, is only 1/2 - 3/4 mile from me, so I can walk there without getting on the main road.

Seriously... why even post this as the "Update" thread?  Why not just call it Bushie's fantasyland?  At least you'd make Al happy... do you lie to your family as much as this forum?

It's not a total lie, because there was still a chance CHG could come back, though it was not looking good.  It officially died out this morning.

"not looking good" ≠ "ready to go".  That's pretty basic vocabulary.  Even if it wasn't "officially" dead, it certainly wasn't "ready to go".

Or is this another one of those "technicalities"?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 11:57:48 PM »

Seriously... why even post this as the "Update" thread?  Why not just call it Bushie's fantasyland?  At least you'd make Al happy... do you lie to your family as much as this forum?

It's not a total lie, because there was still a chance CHG could come back, though it was not looking good.  It officially died out this morning.

"not looking good" ≠ "ready to go".  That's pretty basic vocabulary.  Even if it wasn't "officially" dead, it certainly wasn't "ready to go".

Or is this another one of those "technicalities"?

It was optimism!  You know I'm always an optimist.  It wasn't realistic optimism, but it was optimism.

No.  Optimism is "I hope I'll have CHG ready to go on November 26", not "I've got CHG redy to go on November 26".
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 05:21:49 AM »

Winter roads aren't hard to drive on... you just drive slow.  How will you ever get used to doing it if you simply take irrational steps to avoid any driving in snow?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »

At this point after all the "lies", this thread should be considered nothing more than a very eccentric fiction story.  Brilliantly written, but most of it is probably fake.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 03:13:44 AM »

For an "optimistic" person, you sure are extremely pessimistic about driving in snow...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »

Again, how long of a drive is it to the airport, anyway?

23 mins
17.0 mi
per google

They aren't going to check you in, take your bags, or let you through security that early......and getting there 15 hours ahead, aside from being insane, t hey'll probably view as a security risk.....and rightly so.

Yeah, I had to get to the airport like 8 hours early one time (my ride was taking me from Mt. Pleasant to Detroit and had to be back for class... and that's a wee bit too expensive for a cab Wink ), and it was the most bored I've ever been.  They don't let you in until 6 hours before your flight.  I had a paper to write, so I would go to the McDonald's to get wifi (there's this one corner in the Detroit airport McDonald's that picks up the hotel's free wifi, otherwise you have to pay), but they had no outlet, so I'd have to go between the terminal and McDonald's to charge my computer and go on the Internet.  And even doing that, I finished the paper in like 4 hours and had nothing to do for the rest of the time.  Anybody who chooses to do that voluntarily is just crazy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »

Hey, at the airport your choices are limited, you take what you can get when they offer it, otherwise you starve!

I'll bet you my left kidney that there's somewhere in that airport you can get a conventional sandwich or a wrap or a somewhat healthy salad.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »

Brilliant. Cheesy

Bushie, I've been to airports, and they sell healthy foods. Salads. Sandwiches. Grilled stuff. Ogalla smoothies.

The restaurants in the wing of the SLC Airport I'm at has Wendy's, Popeye's, and a Seattle Coffee Shop.  In order to get to other restaurants, I would have to walk clear to another concourse or terminal.

Yes, because the walking across to another concourse is going to cause your (5th?) heart attack, not the Popeye's...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »

Yes, you got it in your last post, you really don't care. You've never cared.

That is not accurate.  You seem to be dismissing the fact that I did lose 20 pounds starting a year ago and have not gained anything back.  Of course, nothing I ever say or do will meet the forum's approval.

You've never actually said how you lost the weight (to my knowledge).  People can lose weight without caring (through getting sick, for example).  So the "fact" that you lost 20 pounds doesn't actually translate into you caring.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 08:19:16 PM »

This job won't be there when he gets back.  That is all.  If a giant company like Aetna "lies", this one will too.......of course it's not a lie, it's a delusion

Yeah, I'd like to see this "contract" where he was promised this time off.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 02:43:09 AM »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it.  Its not like I haven't been down this road before.  There was no way I would have missed coming home because my tickets were unrefundable.  The next place I go will be to Kenya and that likely not until June or July.  I may come home around Memorial Day when I only have to take one day off.  If I didnt come now, I likely would have not seen my family over the holidays.  We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner as a family this Tuesday.  I will be okay even if I do lose the job.

How is it risky if it's in your contract?  If they fire you, you could sue for breach of contract and recover damages for the wages of at least the rest of your contract term.  If you have a contractual guarantee for this vacation time, you literally have a 0% risk of not seeing that money, either through continued employment or court judgment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.

Gramps, don't exaggerate... Bushie's never substantially lied about anything.  You just try to catch him on technicalities.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.

Gramps, don't exaggerate... Bushie's never substantially lied about anything.  You just try to catch him on technicalities.

I cant tell if this is attempting to defend me or sarcasm...  I'll make myself feel better and say the former.

If you honestly think that I think you've never substantially lied about anything, then you either

1) think I'm an idiot;
2) have a very seriously skewed version of what constitutes either reality or a lie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies