Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:24:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143163 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »

How can you guys forget Milton?

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »

With any luck, none.  I'm most concerned about Tuesday.  I can walk to work, but I'm not sure if I should with the bitterly cold conditions and heavy snow coupled with my heart.  It seems to me that would be ripe conditions for a heart attack.  That would be an extremely long 1.25 miles.  I may, and probable am, over-exaggerating the conditions, but that would be the worst case scenario.

Or you know, you could just not be pathetic and just drive it. Would take 5-10 minutes at most in the worst snow conditions, and it would be on the lower side of that. Besies, you're in Utah, you'd be on the only person who doesn't now how to drive in snow so you should be fine.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »

Bushie, how much do you actually make an hour/month pre-tax? It still seems you're being below market value for your job? I know I'm lucky enough that my company pays over market value (at least in the Milwaukee area) so we basically get around $18.31 an hour and get $3,000 a month pre-tax. Then again we also are expected to know and learn a LOT about insurance policies.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »

Bushie, how much do you actually make an hour/month pre-tax? It still seems you're being below market value for your job? I know I'm lucky enough that my company pays over market value (at least in the Milwaukee area) so we basically get around $18.31 an hour and get $3,000 a month pre-tax. Then again we also are expected to know and learn a LOT about insurance policies.

Before taxes, I make $12 an hour and $2,016 a month before taxes based on a 21 day month.

IDK about Utah but that is definitly low for here. I think the average is about $15 an hour for most of the calls centers in the Milwaukee area.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »

Jeff, you're lazy.  How can you expect to adopt 2 kids if you don't have the discipline to stay at work a whole day?

How does he expect to even pay ALL of his own bills?

Obama
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?

What does that have to do with you would be working 5 hours overtime, but you could've had more money had you not taken the VTO?  You voluntarily gave up money.

He doesn't see it that way, he's thinking he's working a regular week when he could have made regular pay plus 10 hours of OT which probably means hell be earnin less money.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

The term 'zero marginal product worker' comes to mind.

Mmm I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, what's the chance they're just diverting calls from Bushie at this point? MasterJedi or BRTD, is this something is that done in call centres?

Would depend on how his is run. In mine they can take you out of a queue to lower ones only but you can also tell which ones you are actually in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

The term 'zero marginal product worker' comes to mind.

Mmm I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, what's the chance they're just diverting calls from Bushie at this point? MasterJedi or BRTD, is this something is that done in call centres?

It can be done, but when my coworkers don't get any calls (just 1 call spread over 20 agents between 6:00 and 8:15 am Friday), and they take VTO just as readily, if not even more so than I do, then its probably not that they're diverting calls from me.

Damn you're lazy. 1 call in 2.25 hours? I've been averaging about 80 calls a day the last few months.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »

woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.

Odds that Bushie calls in sick: 1.1:1.

What is the difference between fat chance and slim chance?

I am not calling in sick that day. Smiley

What if it snows?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »

woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.

Odds that Bushie calls in sick: 1.1:1.

What is the difference between fat chance and slim chance?

I am not calling in sick that day. Smiley

What if it snows?

If it snows, I'll get to work somehow.  Thankfully, there is no chance of snow this week.  Its just supposed to be cold and hazy.

There is always a chance of snow. A popular saying in Wisconsin is "if you don't like the weather wait 5 min" which is really applicable.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »

Employers don't like when you come in that early. You make yourself a liability if anything happens and you could also try and claim you were working and deserve pay. So they're not going to be happy when you show up tomorrow.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »

Its slow today, but I'm still at work.  Overtime has been canceled for this evening, but I'll be leaving work at the normal 2:30.

Now don't you wish you stayed at work last week?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »

Why would one need to "turn up" or down heat. Don't you guys have automatic thermostats? Extremely standard equipment where I live.

He means he say set the heat at 60 degrees and the furnance will regulate that temp all the time he has the heat on and set at that temp. But he feels it's too cold so he's wondering if he should turn it up to 65. It's pretty common termonology outside the south.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.

The temp is relative, sometimes you can feel colder then you normally would at a certain temperate just because. If you're sick or just wearing more or less cold you might want to set the temp at a different setting to accomodate for it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.

The temp is relative, sometimes you can feel colder then you normally would at a certain temperate just because. If you're sick or just wearing more or less cold you might want to set the temp at a different setting to accomodate for it.

Exactly, If I'm cold, I don't care about my bill, I'll turn the heat up.  Subsequently in the summer, if I'm hot, I'll turn the a/c down regardless of the bill.

That's just as stupid, why waste more money then you need to? The temp doesn't need to be over 65 for anyone to be comfortable. Anything more and the bill starts to spike quite a bit. Though I thought you said you didn't pay for utilities, but now you do? If you don't pay for it though, screw it crank the thing.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »

Over or under on being unemployed by the end of the month?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »

You gotta push through it, unless you have reason to believe it is serious and cause injury. If so, then consult a doctor.

It's probably just your body letting you know that it is not used to serious physical activity.

Except for Bushie he's probably so overweight and unfit that could cause a heart attack. Doing something like 2 days on, 1 day off and then intensifying the workout after he doesn't feel any discomfort would probably be for the best. Now that actually means he's actually doing that.

You are correct though that for a normal person pushing through isn't that big of a deal. Like what I'll be doing soon once the outpatient surgery I had heals and now that I'm not sick anymore either. Like Bushie I'm almost at what my highest weight has been again, but unlike him it's about 100 lbs lighter Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies