Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141769 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: November 24, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »

Bushie, you should try my Insanity workout

No way you can handle that, so in all seriousness, go for the walks for 45 mins to an hour a day, and keep at it.  Perhaps mix in some working out with dumbbells or jogging through a portion of the walk (starting off slow)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »

Ahem... You looked at the wrong menu items.  I always get 2 bacon, egg, & cheese biscuits for breakfast and a Double Quarter w/ cheese.  Since they took away my Diet Dr Pepper, I have to get a Coke.  I havent developed a taste for Diet Coke.
This is VanderBlubb hacking his account, right? I was really feeling sorry for Bushie until I read this.

Come on guys, I was trying to be funny.  Of course I don't eat at Mickeys all 3 meals.  I was just mmentioning what I usually get when I do go.  Learn to take a joke.

Out of curiosity, what do you eat for breakfast and lunch on a normal workday?  Because I normally just have cereal (not the super sugary kind) for breakfast, then make a sandwich and eat that and an apple for lunch (sometimes substitute grapes or something in place of the apple).  I have no idea how many calories that is, but can't be that huge an amount.  Dinner's the only meal that I cook (or go out to a restaurant for, on the occasions when I do that).

Are you consuming a lot of calories already with breakfast and lunch, or is it mostly dinner + snacks?

On a work day, I generally don't eat breakfast and only an extremely light lunch like a couple ham sandwiches.  My main calorie heap is at dinner and the very light snacks I have in the day time or at bed time.  I generally will eat at home during the week and go to a sit down restaurant Friday night and occasionally Saturday morning.

Do you purposely try to f*** up your metabolism?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:20:44 AM »

Ahem... You looked at the wrong menu items.  I always get 2 bacon, egg, & cheese biscuits for breakfast and a Double Quarter w/ cheese.  Since they took away my Diet Dr Pepper, I have to get a Coke.  I havent developed a taste for Diet Coke.
This is VanderBlubb hacking his account, right? I was really feeling sorry for Bushie until I read this.

Come on guys, I was trying to be funny.  Of course I don't eat at Mickeys all 3 meals.  I was just mmentioning what I usually get when I do go.  Learn to take a joke.

Out of curiosity, what do you eat for breakfast and lunch on a normal workday?  Because I normally just have cereal (not the super sugary kind) for breakfast, then make a sandwich and eat that and an apple for lunch (sometimes substitute grapes or something in place of the apple).  I have no idea how many calories that is, but can't be that huge an amount.  Dinner's the only meal that I cook (or go out to a restaurant for, on the occasions when I do that).

Are you consuming a lot of calories already with breakfast and lunch, or is it mostly dinner + snacks?

On a work day, I generally don't eat breakfast and only an extremely light lunch like a couple ham sandwiches.  My main calorie heap is at dinner and the very light snacks I have in the day time or at bed time.  I generally will eat at home during the week and go to a sit down restaurant Friday night and occasionally Saturday morning.

Do you purposely try to f*** up your metabolism?

Not purposely.

The bolded part says otherwise...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »

One thing that hasn't been discussed and really is more important than weight is body fat.  Weight can fluctuate, and if you are primarily just dropping water weight, it really doesn't mean much.  Its body fat that you really should be concerned with rather than just the pounds.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »

Jeff, did you really lose 6 pounds?  Because the last time the forum convinced you to diet, you magically started losing weight really easily, but then we found out that you lied about the weight loss.

Yes, I have lost 6 pounds.  This is no lie.

That's what you told us before...

I've gone from 270-264.  I know what I saw on the scale this morning, and it really doesn't matter if anyone here believes me or not.

I'll probably resurface just a bit by morning, probably back to 4 or 5 pounds because I fell off the wagon today, but I will be hopping back on it tomorrow.

Was the 270 also measured in the morning?  Weight an fluctuate several pounds during the same day and you are typically at your lowest in the morning, that is generally because you tend to lose more water weight when you sleep but losing water weight doesn't actually mean you lost any weight.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »

Just as I thought, I did gain 2 pounds this morning thanks to overdoing it yesterday.  I allowed myself to eat foods I enjoy, and that was my mistake.  Back to it, today.

Unless you consumed 7,000 calories more than maintenence, you haven't actually gained 2 pounds.

Water weight?

Likely, probably also explains a good portion of the six pound loss.  Many people don't really understand natural fluctuations in weight
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »

The reason I don't think the 6 pounds is water weight, is I've been down this road before.  When I started losing the 25 pounds 13 months ago, I went down pretty rapidly, and I believe I had lost 6-7 pounds in the first week.  Some of it could be water weight, but I think a good portion of it is legitimate weight loss.  The 2 pound weight gain this morning could be either water weight or legitimate weight game.

Calories matter. The 3,500 per pound are not just an estimate.

Most days this past week, I stuck with the 2,400-2,600 vicinity (hence, the weight loss).  Yesterday, I know I probably came closer to 4,000 if not a little more.  I had a big breakfast and a big dinner yesterday.  My weight maintenance is 3,240 according to Inks formula, and I probably exceeded that by at least 750, if not 1,000 yesterday.

Then it's impossible that you gained 2 pounds of fat overnight. Just as it's impossible you lost 6 pounds of fat...

These are just basic nuttitional facts.

Whatever it is, I just know the scales show 4 pounds less than what they did 8 days ago.

That might be true, but from a health perspective it doesn't mean anything if your body fat level didn't change.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »

Bushie how about something like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUdIbQpJZIw
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:44 PM »

It really takes your computer 30 minutes to start up after shut down over the weekend?  How on earth could you use it to provide tech support if it's that slow?

Part of that 30 is spent going to the restroom and getting a Diet Dr. Pepper first thing to lubricate my throat.  So, maybe 20 minutes is spent getting the computer ready on Monday's, and about 5-8 minutes is spent the rest of the week.

You might want to re-think your terminology there....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

Lmao  I tried to put Bushie in Sander Van Doorn's set.  

Still pissed I missed it, was in Manhattan the last day of it, the women.....   I think Bushie would have died
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »

While watching The Biggest Loser this season, I will be doing some exercises in the living room.  I'll probably start with some arm curls, then some leg curls.  I've got a heavier object that can act like a dumbbell.  Changes are afoote!!

If you want to make a difference, do cardio, not curls

Bushie, since I just started it up again you should do Insanity.  j/k
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »

The main reason I turned it down is they wouldn't let me give a 2 week notice at Xerox. 
You have a contract? I find that hard to believe. Or did they just tell you to go ahead and get the fudge out? That seems a more likely scenario.

I'm still there, and I don't have a contract, but I want to be courteous and offer a 2 weeks notice if and when I do leave.

So if you keep getting less than 40 hours (or working once every two weeks) you are going to continue to turn down offers for other jobs with 40 hours if you can't give the 2 weeks notice??

Bushie, I am all for giving two weeks notice, I think its the appropriate thing to do, but if you have a take it r leave it opportunity and your job now is currently not working out, you have to take it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 09:48:50 PM »

The main reason I turned it down is they wouldn't let me give a 2 week notice at Xerox. 
You have a contract? I find that hard to believe. Or did they just tell you to go ahead and get the fudge out? That seems a more likely scenario.

I'm still there, and I don't have a contract, but I want to be courteous and offer a 2 weeks notice if and when I do leave.
I don't understand how they "wouldn't let [you] give a 2 weeks notice." Did you try, only to have them say go ahead and get the fudge out now?

I think he is talking about the new position.  Sounds like they had an immediate opening and needed to fill the position right away, so when Bushie said he wanted to give two weeks, they simply moved to the next person that could start right away.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

Give me leave to modify one of my statements earlier.  I said I am going to give Xerox another week or two before I give up on them.  That is true except for one application that is in the cooker before I came to this decision.  It is in an entirely different field.  It is working with Delta Air Lines as a Gate Operator, checking passengers in, directing them to their appropriate gate, and boarding passengers.  This possibility may require me to relocate again, but we'll see.

How exciting! Where's the job!

(make sure I never fly Delta through there)

Ah, I'm just kidding. Maybe you should become a steward!

Its actually at New York-LaGuardia

Wait wait wait. Bushie's coming to NYC? Damn. So that's not an option. Tongue Well, if you do come, I'll welcome you with open arms!
LOL it would be interesting to have him so close
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »

Bushie, what would this pay??  You do realize NYC or anything commutable?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38:25 AM »

Bushie, what would this pay??  You do realize NYC or anything commutable?

It wouldn't pay a whole lot.  I think it said $11.04.  There are other airports around the country.  The pay is the only thing I'm concerned about.  I'll find out more when I talk to the recruiter.  I hope I read it wrong...

Does traffic concern you at all?  Where would you live??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 10:59:50 PM »

If they would offer $11.04 an hour for the same job at the Salt Lake City International Airport, a western Delta hub, I would jump on it without question.  For now, though, I think I am better off doing what I'm doing now.  I still want to talk to the recruiter, though.

Which is what exactly?  Not working??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 02:01:15 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2013, 02:33:31 AM by Smash255 »

If they would offer $11.04 an hour for the same job at the Salt Lake City International Airport, a western Delta hub, I would jump on it without question.  For now, though, I think I am better off doing what I'm doing now.  I still want to talk to the recruiter, though.

Which is what exactly?  Not working??

Working at Xerox right now until I find something better and more stable.

Why are you telling yourself you still work there?  When was the st day you worked?  How many hours did you work last week?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30:33 AM »

I talked this new possible position over with my parents and they say if I am offered the position, go for it.

Other developments are as follows.  My apartment lease runs out on March 31 and I have to give them 45 days notice of my decision.  If I have not found a job by February 8, then I am going to start making arrangements to go back to Oklahoma in March.  I really don't want to do that, and I don't think it will come to that, but that is a possibility.  If I did go back to Oklahoma, I would try to find a vo-tech and get retrained in another field so I can get out of the call center trap.  Dad wants me to find anything up here that is not a call center that pays more than what I am getting now.  Dad believes my skills I learned in college are not doing a single thing for me, which I agree.  My degree has pretty much been reduced to a piece of paper.  We're still hashing out what to do.  I want to stay in Utah, I need to stay in Utah, but with my house in Oklahoma on the market, we're still paying the mortgage and the utilities, plus my rent and other bills in Utah.  The rent, mortgage, and utilities alone add up to around $1500 a month not including other bills.  Getting $12 an hour doesn't cut it and especially when I'm not getting 40 hour weeks.  I'm ashamed to say it, but my parents have been helping me out since I don't make enough right now to support myself 100%.  So I have to listen to their advice until such time as I do make enough to support myself 100%.

So, with that said, what this job is that I went to this evening is it is not a call center, but not a traditional one, rather it is base + commission sales.  You see those infomercials on late night television for products like Rosetta Stone, the non stick skillet that's been advertised, or the sham-wow products.  I will be taking phone calls for those products.  He rattled off 8 different products that we support and more coming in all the time.  The training salary is $10/hr for the first 4-5 weeks.  After that, the salary goes up to $14.00/hr with the potential to go higher.  Full benefits start after 90 days of employment and 401(k) starts after 6 months.  The training hours will be Wednesday-Sunday 8:30-17:00 and after that the hours will be primarily graveyard anywhere between 2000 and 0600 both weekend days and 3 days during the week.  I'll get 40 hours each week.  I'll make sure I get the pay in writing as well as this other statement that he made which is "most call centers give you a month or two and kick you to the curb.  We don't do that.  We will give you AT LEAST a 1 year commitment if you give the same commitment back to us."  I have a second interview with them next Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 15:00.

Bushie,

I work in Mortgage Sales.  Different field, but still sales based.  Its difficult, and know what you are getting into and the set up before you do.

There are generally three breakdowns of how a base + commission job works.  There can be different variations within each one, but its important to know the basics of each.

1.  Base + Commission.  The easiest and most straight forward, also the least risky.  It is how it sounds, you get a base salary and a commission on top of that.

2.  Base/Draw Combo + Commission.  You do get paid a salary, but it is as a draw.  Any commissions you receive first go to pay any draw balance if any exists.  Or you get a portion of the commission and the rest goes to pay down any draw balance.  If you have no draw balance, you get the full commission.  With this set up, you do have a guarentted minimum that you will get and you won't have to pay back any draw balance.  However, if your balance gets too high you will likely get s** canned.

3.  Draw vs Commission.  Same as above, you get paid a salary as a draw.  If you have no draw balance, you get any full commissions.  If you have a draw balance, once you get a sale, you will either have to first pay back a draw balance before you get any commission, or get a small portion of the commission, with the rest paying down a draw balance.  One MAJOR drawback is unlike #2, you CAN be liable to pay back any draws.

Be VERY careful in understanding the base/draw and commission structure.  Many places might advertise a base when its technically a draw.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:33 AM »

I talked this new possible position over with my parents and they say if I am offered the position, go for it.

Other developments are as follows.  My apartment lease runs out on March 31 and I have to give them 45 days notice of my decision.  If I have not found a job by February 8, then I am going to start making arrangements to go back to Oklahoma in March.  I really don't want to do that, and I don't think it will come to that, but that is a possibility.  If I did go back to Oklahoma, I would try to find a vo-tech and get retrained in another field so I can get out of the call center trap.  Dad wants me to find anything up here that is not a call center that pays more than what I am getting now.  Dad believes my skills I learned in college are not doing a single thing for me, which I agree.  My degree has pretty much been reduced to a piece of paper.  We're still hashing out what to do.  I want to stay in Utah, I need to stay in Utah, but with my house in Oklahoma on the market, we're still paying the mortgage and the utilities, plus my rent and other bills in Utah.  The rent, mortgage, and utilities alone add up to around $1500 a month not including other bills.  Getting $12 an hour doesn't cut it and especially when I'm not getting 40 hour weeks.  I'm ashamed to say it, but my parents have been helping me out since I don't make enough right now to support myself 100%.  So I have to listen to their advice until such time as I do make enough to support myself 100%.

So, with that said, what this job is that I went to this evening is it is not a call center, but not a traditional one, rather it is base + commission sales.  You see those infomercials on late night television for products like Rosetta Stone, the non stick skillet that's been advertised, or the sham-wow products.  I will be taking phone calls for those products.  He rattled off 8 different products that we support and more coming in all the time.  The training salary is $10/hr for the first 4-5 weeks.  After that, the salary goes up to $14.00/hr with the potential to go higher.  Full benefits start after 90 days of employment and 401(k) starts after 6 months.  The training hours will be Wednesday-Sunday 8:30-17:00 and after that the hours will be primarily graveyard anywhere between 2000 and 0600 both weekend days and 3 days during the week.  I'll get 40 hours each week.  I'll make sure I get the pay in writing as well as this other statement that he made which is "most call centers give you a month or two and kick you to the curb.  We don't do that.  We will give you AT LEAST a 1 year commitment if you give the same commitment back to us."  I have a second interview with them next Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 15:00.

Bushie,

I work in Mortgage Sales.  Different field, but still sales based.  Its difficult, and know what you are getting into and the set up before you do.

There are generally three breakdowns of how a base + commission job works.  There can be different variations within each one, but its important to know the basics of each.

1.  Base + Commission.  The easiest and most straight forward, also the least risky.  It is how it sounds, you get a base salary and a commission on top of that.

2.  Base/Draw Combo + Commission.  You do get paid a salary, but it is as a draw.  Any commissions you receive first go to pay any draw balance if any exists.  Or you get a portion of the commission and the rest goes to pay down any draw balance.  If you have no draw balance, you get the full commission.  With this set up, you do have a guarentted minimum that you will get and you won't have to pay back any draw balance.  However, if your balance gets too high you will likely get s** canned.

3.  Draw vs Commission.  Same as above, you get paid a salary as a draw.  If you have no draw balance, you get any full commissions.  If you have a draw balance, once you get a sale, you will either have to first pay back a draw balance before you get any commission, or get a small portion of the commission, with the rest paying down a draw balance.  One MAJOR drawback is unlike #2, you CAN be liable to pay back any draws.

Be VERY careful in understanding the base/draw and commission structure.  Many places might advertise a base when its technically a draw.
These schemes are for actual jobs, not scams.

LOL, true, although I wouldn't be surprised if the structure of the scam is like #3, and six months from now Bushie is posting about he is being sued for his $10,000 draw balance.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »

You should try Insanity workout. I just started it.

He would die during the Fit Test.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »

You think this is a joke, friend? When was the last time you missed church?

I was sick last Sunday, so actually I've missed two Sundays in a row.

It was software entitled Hoyle Card Games.  It wasn't online poker.

[/quote

I haven't played or enjoyed  online poker since Full Tilt was shut down.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »

I wonder how the Biggest Loser workout compares to Insanity.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 12:36:37 AM »

I am hearing people talk about this Insanity workout off line as of late. I'm beginning to feel shooting myself might be in order. I don't know anything about it, but it sounds as frightening as cannibalism in the nude. Both of which combined are probably less daunting than this "workout".

For example, I am almost certain this "workout" involves stabbing yourself.

That comparison might not be too far off when you are doing it, it is hard as s***, but it really is a good feeling after you complete it without dying.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

I wonder how the Biggest Loser workout compares to Insanity.

Dude we get it. You've done Insanity.

Just having fun with Bushie
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies