CO-PPP: Obama leads by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:55:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO-PPP: Obama leads by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CO-PPP: Obama leads by 3%  (Read 3069 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »

Obama 50, Romney 47 (from twitter)

Their last poll (before the first debate) had Obama up by 6 points.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »

Obama is at 50......good, very good.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

Between CO, IA and NH, they said CO was the best of the three for Obama.  That's a huge problem.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »

So Obama -3 from the last PPP poll of Obama +6 in September, looks great but not good enough.  Romney needs to campaign harder in CO until the veins pop out of his head.
dirks

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »

big -3 Debate bounce by Obama
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »

What?

The previous poll was taking in September, which makes it irrelevant.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

What?

Obama doing 'slightly better' (which is subjective) than Romney on the 2nd debate, and Romney winning big on the 1st debate equals Obama losing points. Obama is still losing when you look at it from +6 in September PPP poll and +3 in October PPP poll, that's -3 points.  Secondly, PPP is a Democratic polster, not surprising.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »

What?

Obama doing 'slightly better' (which is subjective) than Romney on the 2nd debate, and Romney winning big on the 1st debate equals Obama losing points. Obama is still losing when you look at it from +6 in September PPP poll and October PPP poll.

But it is stupid to compare a poll from September to a poll in October and say Obama got a -3 bump. The poll in September is out of date.

NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »

If CO has the same effects as NV I think Obama will win the state by 4 if things go like they are now.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 02:34:09 PM »

If CO has the same effects as NV I think Obama will win the state by 4 if things go like they are now.
I'm going to put out the blame of ignorant people who don't do enough research on why should Obama get another 4 years. It's simple as that.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »

CO has been tracking the national avg so surprised to see PPP have national race tied and CO O+3
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »

PPP was actually the best pollster in Colorado in both 2008, 2010. In 08, they had Obama +10 (he won by 9) and 2010 they actually had Buck +1 (Bennet won by 1). All the other pollsters were off by about 4 here.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »

I'm going to put out the blame of ignorant people who don't do enough research on why should Obama get another 4 years. It's simple as that.

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is an ignorant who doesn't do enough research. Roll Eyes
Sure you're not a Paulite?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »

Between CO, IA and NH, they said CO was the best of the three for Obama.  That's a huge problem.
It would be nice to win all three, but Obama doesn't need to. Assuming FL and VA going for Romney, it's all about OH. With OH and CO, Obama wins. Without OH, Obama loses even with CO, IA, and NH.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

YouGov, Grove, PPP all have CO at +3 for the President.  Probably about right.  
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is an ignorant who doesn't do enough research. Roll Eyes
If somebody voted for Obama the first time, and votes Romney the 2nd time, its enough evidence that they're not ignorant and done their research on why they changed sides.  Obama already proved to us his record, and voting for him again is appalling.  I don't need to get into details and specifics about each voters record.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »

If somebody voted for Obama the first time, and votes Romney the 2nd time, its enough evidence that they're not ignorant and done their research on why they changed sides.  Obama already proved to us his record, and voting for him again is appalling.  I don't need to get into details and specifics about each voters record.

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »

No, if Obama loses Ohio he can still win if he takes CO, IA, NH, WI, NV= 272
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »

No, if Obama loses Ohio he can still win if he takes CO, IA, NH, WI, NV= 272
Oops. I added wrong Tongue
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »

At least you're not creating some alternative universe of polling and recognize that you got work to do in CO. I'll take it.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »

LOL
Whoever doesn't agree with my views is ignorant.

Fascist.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »

So Obama -3 from the last PPP poll of Obama +6 in September, looks great but not good enough. 

Doesn't look great for you, bub, as lots of polls in the intervening time had the state mostly about tied or with a point up for Romney, so this looks very solid.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »

New Poll: Colorado President by Public Policy Polling on 2012-10-18

Summary: D: 49%, R: 44%, I: 4%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »

There's actually little change in the numbers when you look at the question including Gary Johnson: Obama's lead shrinks from 6% in September to 5% now.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »

There's actually little change in the numbers when you look at the question including Gary Johnson: Obama's lead shrinks from 6% in September to 5% now.

Even better Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies