DOJ/FBI - Please Investigate This --- Tagg Romney Invested in Ohio Electronic Vo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:30:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  DOJ/FBI - Please Investigate This --- Tagg Romney Invested in Ohio Electronic Vo
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DOJ/FBI - Please Investigate This --- Tagg Romney Invested in Ohio Electronic Vo  (Read 880 times)
wan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »

If the Romney’s can’t win legally, they’ll take over Ohio’s electronic voting machines through investments.

The new owners of Ohio’s voting machines are owned by no other than Tagg Romney the son of one of the Candidates. By virtue of conflict of interest alone, this should be investigated by the DOJ preferably involving the addition of the FBI, Homeland Security and the CIA to ensure this connection will not endanger the vote in Ohio and other states.

As Lee Fang points out in his detailed analysis of the Romney investments

“Many of these private equity–owned companies rely on federal and state contracts, from HIG Capital’s Hart Intercivic, a voting machine company, to EnviroFoam Technologies, a biological and chemical decontamination firm that does business with the US military and is owned by Peterson Partners, a private equity firm listed in the Solamere prospectus.”

Solarmere’s tangled web of investments now includes Hart Intercivic voting machines which will be used in Cincinnati Ohio says Truth Out which could guarantee Mitt Romney the White House.

The State of Ohio is Ground Zero for the White House, in particular Hamilton County a repeat of the George Bush election in 2004

http://www.politicolnews.com/tagg-romney-invested-in-ohio-electronic-voting-machines/

The report was only released hours ago and Obama supporters already seem to be taking the news seriously. Change.org already has an online petition up and running that calls for "Attorney General Eric Holder: Investigate Tagg Romney owning voting machines in OHIO....".

Looks like things may get very interesting in the Buckeye state in the coming weeks.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/19137

MORE:
Guess who's counting the vote in Ohio election night??
Prominent partners and directors on the H.I.G board hail from Bain Company or Bain Capital both connected to Mitt Romney. H.I.G employees have contributed at least $338,000 to Romney's campaign. H.I.G. directors , John P. Bolduk and Douglas Berman are both major Romney fundraisers as is former Bain and H.I.G, manager Brian Shortsleeve.
http://truth-out.org/news/item/12130-will-hig-owned-e-voting-machines-give-romney-the-white-house#.
http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2012/4693

The Vulnerability Assessment Team at Argonne Laboratory, which is a division of the Department of Energy, discovered this summer that Diebold touch-screen e-voting machines could be hijacked remotely, according to team leader Roger Johnston. Salon reported on it today, noting that as many as a quarter of American voters are expected to be using machines that are vulnerable to such attacks in the 2012 election.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20113063-245/e-voting-machines-vulnerable-to-remote-vote-changing/
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »

if you smart you would vote using a paper ballot not the machines
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »

Not that I believe there's wholesale rigging taking place, but (paperless) electronic voting is just stupid. Is it that hard to mark and X and then count the Xs?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:11:30 PM »

Not that I believe there's wholesale rigging taking place, but (paperless) electronic voting is just stupid. Is it that hard to mark and X and then count the Xs?

When there are dozens of races and referenda on the ballot, yes.  It would literally take all night to count all the votes in all the races without some sort of mechanized counting system.  And human tallying of many races is also prone to error.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »

Well obviously one good solution would be to reduce the number of things you vote on.

That said, optically scanned paper ballots are alright.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »

When there are dozens of races and referenda on the ballot, yes.  It would literally take all night to count all the votes in all the races without some sort of mechanized counting system.  And human tallying of many races is also prone to error.

Well, there's nothing wrong with computerized tallying per se, but I don't understand not at the very least printing off a receipt or the like with a voter's selections just in case.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »

What's being claimed here?  Is the idea that stockholders have a say in which votes are counted on the machines?
BringinTheTruth
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »

Here we go.....preemptive claims of fraud to explain the loss that they see coming.  Right on time.  I love watching the left get the vapors.
BringinTheTruth
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »

What's being claimed here?  Is the idea that stockholders have a say in which votes are counted on the machines?

Exactly.  I have shares of Apple, and I can't get a free iTunes card, much less dictate how all iPads work.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »

Here we go.....preemptive claims of fraud to explain the loss that they see coming.  Right on time.  I love watching the left get the vapors.

F#*( YEAH IRONY
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

FTR... I don't think this is dog for the Dems to send hunting... the backfire potential is too big.
BringinTheTruth
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »

Here we go.....preemptive claims of fraud to explain the loss that they see coming.  Right on time.  I love watching the left get the vapors.

F#*( YEAH IRONY

Really?  Explain.  I don't see shouts from the right that some votes are cooked by Sasha or Malia. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »

Hack post.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »

F#*( YEAH IRONY

Really?  Explain.  I don't see shouts from the right that some votes are cooked by Sasha or Malia. 

Yeah you do, for example up to this day Sharron Angle believes that she lost in 2010 because of voter fraud and how undocumented immigrants were voting. Right now she is on a tour explaining how that happened. Also the fact that Republican Governors have been passing voter ID laws to "prevent voter fraud" and even Rick Scott is purging people to "prevent fraud"
BringinTheTruth
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »

Sharon Angle is a crank who has no party support to run again, and Rick Scott's concerns are as valid as yours.  These analogies aren't remotely comparable.  Neither is, in advance, saying a race will be lost because of specific suggestions that fraud will necessarily, and institutionally be committed.  Totally different.  Passing a law for a policy reason is certainly something you can oppose, but thats not remotely the same as preemptively declaring an upcoming election invalid.  Lame effort.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »

Sharon Angle is a crank who has no party support to run again, and Rick Scott's concerns are as valid as yours.  These analogies aren't remotely comparable.  Neither is, in advance, saying a race will be lost because of specific suggestions that fraud will necessarily, and institutionally be committed.  Totally different.  Passing a law for a policy reason is certainly something you can oppose, but thats not remotely the same as preemptively declaring an upcoming election invalid.  Lame effort.

I actually wasn't complaining about it and agree with Polnut. (I probably should had cleared that, my bad.) If this is picked up it could backfire big time and it isn't necessarily worth it. I actually do not mind the voter ID in itself but what gets to me is the access to get one and who it affects in consequence. It's just ironic to be using a thing that the right has been using for a while.

I will give you props for admitting how much of a nutso Angle is. I had to deal with her and it wasn't pretty working in that campaign going against her.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »

Same old "scumbag investor" late-election kitchen sink attack...  Moving on...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 06:00:52 AM »

Redundancy there.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »

That's the thing that continually throws me for a loop when I think about paperless e-voting. If you are interested in honest, open, and fair elections, there is no reason whatsoever to eliminate the paper trail for votes cast. None, nada, zilch, zip, zero. Why even bother to design, much less make, buy, or install, a machine that is an open invitation to election tampering. Is there any other reason besides election rigging?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies