State of the Senate right now (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:46:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State of the Senate right now (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State of the Senate right now  (Read 26148 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: March 31, 2004, 10:23:04 AM »

We know what happens when the Republican Party decides to say, "Screw Reality, Lets Nominate an Ideologue and be a Movement"...

Its called Goldwater...and 6 states.

Go ahead and try, but don't expect us moderates to clean up your mess.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 03:35:24 PM »

Htmldon,

you know the scary thing is, if the rightwing of the party is correct in thinking that indeed they are 70%+ of the party and that we're expendable, just the 5% swing from us leaving the GOP and--God Forbid--going to the Democrats would keep the GOP out of office for a very very very very long time.

Now what if we're 40% or 45%? or more? >P
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 12:52:41 AM »

I have to ask again...

Santorum was last elected in 2000, with a very weak majority (53-47 or 52-48 against a weak democrat)

That was before he opened his big mouth and started to piss off those who lived in the Southeast. Like it or not, we're the fastest growing part of the state, with some of the largest registered republican populations--if not the largest--in the state.

If George W. Bush said the same things tricky rick said in the last 2 years...he'd have no chance in hell here.

As for Toomey, he barely won against an inept candidate in the 15th. If he wins, all those Specter voters will find Hoffel a more compatible candidate.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 12:55:06 PM »

You think we'd want more judges like Kennedy or Souter?

You're absolutely right.

In case you haven't figured it out, there's a reason why we're called moderates, its because we're not far right wing conservatives. I'll take a Kennedy over a Scalia anyday, and I'll take Souter over Ginsberg anytime.

The Republican Party is not a single thinking being (ala the Borg), if you wish to turn it into such, then go ahead...I'm sure there are plenty other parties who wouldn't mind the millions of moderate republicans joining them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies