Were you relieved?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:00:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Were you relieved?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Were you relieved?  (Read 733 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »

I can't help but admit that I was relieved that the Forum was down yesterday and most of today. Not because it wasn't a good day for my side (though I didn't mind not seeing the gloating. I'm sure I'll still come across it now) but because I think we all deserved a break from the chaos. I dreaded trying to follow a ton of threads about various races and other Election Day news in the heat of the battle.

Anyway, welcome back and congrats to those of you that had a great night.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »

I feel the same way.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »

It was the first time I ever really appreciated the chat room. So it was useful for something.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »

The response everywhere else was enough for me.  It's pretty scary how scared some conservatives are.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I have a feeling the number of suicides in November will be higher than normal.  The response has really just been that bad.  If so, the blood is on Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.'s hands.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »

The response everywhere else was enough for me.  It's pretty scary how scared some conservatives are.

I've read a number of comments from conservatives threatening to move to Canada ASAP. Yes, the same Canada that has single-payer universal healthcare. The same Canada that has legalized same-sex marriage. And so on.

anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »

Thanks, Phil.  I actually was not planning to be on the Forum last night.  I wanted to pay attention to returns and coverage, and I thought the Forum posts would distract me, especially since I expected traffic to be high and the server slow.  But I wish it could have stayed up longer during the day.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »

I've read a number of comments from conservatives threatening to move to Canada ASAP. Yes, the same Canada that has single-payer universal healthcare. The same Canada that has legalized same-sex marriage. And so on.

I hate when people say "If [blank] wins, I'm moving to Canada." They always think its clever, but its incredibly unoriginal and they are obviously never serious. It annoys me so much.
t_host1

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »

I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I have a feeling the number of suicides in November will be higher than normal.  The response has really just been that bad.  If so, the blood is on Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.'s hands.

Yes to the ? One has to know if to play defence or offence. It's all about DEFENCE! ...now
On the suicides, my guess is Hannity, Limbaugh's (wounded warrior), etc.' helped more than those, Moore, Matthews and Gore guy's.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »

Part of me did think: "Well, one less thing I have to worry about."
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »

God yes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »

I was disappointed at first, but then I was relieved.  It gave me an excuse to join the chat room which I do very rarely.  Thank you, everyone, for welcoming me in the chat room, especially Bacon King.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »

The response everywhere else was enough for me.  It's pretty scary how scared some conservatives are.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I have a feeling the number of suicides in November will be higher than normal.  The response has really just been that bad.  If so, the blood is on Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.'s hands.

Yes to the ? One has to know if to play defence or offence. It's all about DEFENCE! ...now
On the suicides, my guess is Hannity, Limbaugh's (wounded warrior), etc.' helped more than those, Moore, Matthews and Gore guy's.

I was so disgusted this evening and very disapponted.  One of my good friends on facebook posted a photo that equated Obama to Hitler 2.0 and compared Democrats to the Nazis.  How shameful is that?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

I preferred the Atlas Forum on facialbook come to think of it......
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »

The response everywhere else was enough for me.  It's pretty scary how scared some conservatives are.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I have a feeling the number of suicides in November will be higher than normal.  The response has really just been that bad.  If so, the blood is on Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.'s hands.

I was so disgusted this evening and very disapponted.  One of my good friends on facebook posted a photo that equated Obama to Hitler 2.0 and compared Democrats to the Nazis.  How shameful is that?

Assuming that person is from Oklahoma, that's probably a near-majority opinion.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »

I was, because I didn't want to deal with the stupid crap that I knew the children on here were going to say and do. Also, I was kind of relieved that Obamie won too. Mainly because Romney was a horrible candidate (Just about all of the candidates in 2012 were). I feel like it could put us in a better position in 2016 for a good Republican to run.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 11:04:46 AM »

no, the server problems are a serious drag on the site and have been for years now.

as a paying member I believe I have purchased, inter alia, the right to complain.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 11:34:56 PM »

Assuming that person is from Oklahoma, that's probably a near-majority opinion.

Not necessarily.  Oklahoma doesn't like Obama and some vehemently, but most Oklahomans don't equate him with arguably the worst person in the 20th century, maybe in history.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »

That sounds more like something liberals did to George W Bush for the past 8 years or so.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 04:16:27 AM »

Don't care: I spent Election Night in a much more interesting place than the internet. Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »

I was.  I didn't even try to post anything because I knew it would be crazy busy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies