UT-04 - Tied race between Jim Matheson and Mia Love
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:19:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  UT-04 - Tied race between Jim Matheson and Mia Love
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-04 - Tied race between Jim Matheson and Mia Love  (Read 1059 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »

Our CBS affiliate - KUTV 2 out of Salt Lake City put up a poll during this evening's 5:00 news that puts UT-04 as a tied race at 43% apiece between Incumbent Democrat Jim Matheson and Republican Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love.  This came out on the day that early voting officially begins in Utah (October 23).
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:20:37 PM »

Matheson still sucks, but he's less terrible than Mia Love and there wasn't any third party candidate on that part of the ballot that wasn't a Libertarian, so I voted for Matheson. I'm betting he'll get a good turnout from early voting.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »

I'm actually kind of rooting for Mia Love to win because she's interesting (black female Mormon Republican from Utah isn't something you see everyday). And I won't mind losing someone like Matheson to be quite honest.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »

I'm actually kind of rooting for Mia Love to win because she's interesting (black female Mormon Republican from Utah isn't something you see everyday). And I won't mind losing someone like Matheson to be quite honest.

Yeah, but then she'll keep the seat for life or at least several decades, since this is Utah.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:20 PM »

Matheson still sucks, but he's less terrible than Mia Love and there wasn't any third party candidate on that part of the ballot that wasn't a Libertarian, so I voted for Matheson. I'm betting he'll get a good turnout from early voting.

Smiley
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »

An elected democrat from Utah isn't something you see everyday.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »

Smiley

I still despise Matheson, but if there's no other choices, I guess lesser-of-two-evilism works.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »

Smiley

I still despise Matheson, but if there's no other choices, I guess lesser-of-two-evilism works.

Lesser of two evils doesn't make the lesser any less evil. Should've done what I've done in past: written in Donald Duck. Tongue
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »

Smiley

Lesser of two evils doesn't make the lesser any less evil. Should've done what I've done in past: written in Donald Duck. Tongue

Lesser of two evils is better than greater of two evils. A vote for Donald Duck is a vote for Mia Love.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 02:07:14 PM »

Smiley

Lesser of two evils is better than greater of two evils. A vote for Donald Duck is a vote for Mia Love.

...never thought I'd hear that.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »

An elected democrat from Utah isn't something you see everyday.
He's been in office since 2001. A lot of days have gone by since then.

And he's a conservative white Mormon male so whatever.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »

Yeah, but then she'll keep the seat for life or at least several decades, since this is Utah.
You don't think she'll get promoted to Hatch's seat in 2018?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

Nah, Chaffetz has dibs on that seat.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »

Chaffetz showed interest in that seat first, and he's a more effective politician (he managed to knock down an established conservative politician in 2008 by running to his right, after all), so he'd probably win regardless.

Gah, just the sound of the words "Senator Chaffetz" makes me shudder.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies