The Atlasian Laborinth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:12:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19444 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2015, 11:34:45 PM »

Spamage's votes denied though his vote was cast 10 minutes before the deadline.  This does alter the election results.

No, no it was not. Voting booth opened at 08:04:47 pm, closed 72 hours later. Spamage casts his vote at 08:49:11 pm. He's past the deadline. Nothing ambiguous about it. I obviously have no desire (I like higher turnout) to disallow his vote but it's completely clear cut. JCL's math does not add up.

I think the confusion is that you defined the period of the election in Standard Time when we are now in Daylight Savings. I thought it was ending at 5 PM my time, not 4 PM.

Atlasia doesn't use Daylight Savings Time. We even passed a resolution on the matter in the Senate as I recall.

WTF. Where did that idea come from? Did they pack the Senate with Arizonans or something?

Fritz. It passed unanimously and was signed by President Duke.

Thep roblem is that time can change during the election if there is a special or a vote in the Senate and cause all kinds of hell. We don't have to worry about energy usage and DST is lame anyway, so yeah. Tongue

I would like to go on the record as opposing this policy. That is all.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2015, 11:45:16 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nYozPLpJRE&feature=player_detailpage#t=499
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »

I'm not sure if using a different time to that used in reality is a great idea. So typical of Atlasia though...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »

I'm not sure if using a different time to that used in reality is a great idea. So typical of Atlasia though...

OFFICE OF THE GAME MODERATOR
Declaration of an Atlasian Calendar

IN order to better keep track of time in the context of an Atlasian framework, in recognition of the fact that this remains a game and issues evolve in a manner that far outlast terms of office, the Office of the Game Moderator is announcing the creation of an Atlasian Calendar.

The Atlasian Calendar

The Atlasian Calendar shall be dated from the formation of the Republic of Atlasia, in the month of February 2004. A year is defined as the standard Gregorian month. Thus Feburary 2004 is Year 1, and we are presently in Year 124. Today is therefore Saturday 24, 124, or simply 24, 124. For terms for reference, the Atlasian year can be denoted by the suffix Annum Atlasiae, or A.A. Dates before 1, 1 (February 1, 2004), are to be referred to in Gregorian dates.

Usage

The Atlasian Calendar shall be held subordinate to the Gregorian calendar for the time being. Bills can use either the Atlasian calendar to accelerate simulation, and this will be looked upon advantageously and with favor. This does not affect the dating of prior legislation.

Mandates

All legislation and acts must henceforth include the Atlasian Calendar in their dating and clarify which calendar to which they refer.

THE GAME MODERATOR
24, 124 (May 24, 2014)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »

I never said that the honourable Governor was not typical of Atlasia himself Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »

I never said that the honourable Governor was not typical of Atlasia himself Tongue

Oh, I know - I just thought it wholly appropriate for the current observation. Cheesy
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2015, 12:07:09 PM »

Wait, something completely out of topic here, but who made this sigil of Atlasia?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

Wait, something completely out of topic here, but who made this sigil of Atlasia?

The same one who made the calendar.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »

Ah, I see. It might be a bit too late to point that out, but why did you use the word "republica", and not "res publica" or simply "res atlasiana/atlasiensis", Simfan?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2015, 07:18:40 PM »

Has anyone else ever used that calendar?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »

Ah, I see. It might be a bit too late to point that out, but why did you use the word "republica", and not "res publica" or simply "res atlasiana/atlasiensis", Simfan?

There was a discussion about this when it was first drafted.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »

There was a discussion about this when it was first drafted.

To be frank, I have not known of the existence of a word "republica" in Latin before seeing this sigil. Can you link me this discussion please, just because of interest.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »

Here it is: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=161033.0

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

Okay, thank you.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume D, Issue B                                              Price: Your Fair Share

CRIMINAL

The Atlasian Laborinth has unearthed Deeply Disturbing developments in the wake of Mr. Fan's tyrannical march toward unilateral power today. As if the attempted rigging of an election wasn't enough, orders have been given to jail and charge non-residents of the Pacific under the guise of "public health".

But what really disturbs The Atlasian Laborinth is the fact that the current Governor openly engaged in treasonous acts and was never charged with crimes against Atlasia. We'll let the dossier speak for itself:

I, TyrionTheImperialist, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of President of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Today, after a wild storm of events, I found myself President, "without a single ballot cast in my favor". That, in itself, was a wild achievement. Now, consider that it has happened twice...

More than a year ago, I similarly became Governor, appointed first to the Council, then appointed PPT, then forced to fill the vacated Governorship, less than a month into my time in Atlasia.

However, those are probably not the two most ridiculous "achievements" I can claim. While posting under the name Persepolis, I was elected to the Mideast Assembly as a conservative.

Naturally, the pardon I issued is in part because of this revelation; as I have now become President, I believe it is my duty to absolve all of any wrongdoing in the matter.

I now have time for questions.

Executive Order 10-07

All sporting, musical, social, and other large events with more than 100 spectators are hereby ordered postponed until further notice and the lifting of martial law. Martial law shall be lifted once the legal state of the government is clarified.

The forces under regional command are instructed to continue their securing the regions of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebrska, as well as the states of the neighboring region lately secured, in the name of the Federal Government as opposed to the outlaws.

A military administrator will be appointed for the secured regions shortly.

This is in line with the actions of the Secretary of Internal Affairs, and the recognition of the administration of the Governor there as one opposed to the President.

I prefer "do not quote laws to us, for we carry swords".

All executive orders are maintained. We shall proceed with the securing of the states of the neighboring region.

Executive Order 10-08

All units of the Atlasian Armed Forces stationed in the Pacific Region are to be returned to their normal command. Pacific Justice Bacon King is relieved of his special law enforcing authorities.

The units of the Pacific Defence Force securing the states of Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado are under no circumstance to initiate engagements with would-be hostile forces and shall engage only when fired upon by militias, self-proclaimed authorities, and other individuals. They shall not, at any time, engage units of the Armed Forces or any units of the National Guard of that region, and are instructed to immediately call for a truce and submit if necessary.

The police are ordered to rigorously enforce the executive orders and curfews.

That's right: the so-called Governor knowingly and deliberately continued to seize territories in the Midwest after the pardon by President Tyrion was issued and after all activity of the sort was ordered to stop.

Of course, The Atlasian Laborinth can easily understand how charges were never brought, seeing as how we barely had a functioning government in October (and a sham government/Attorney General's office from November until the beginning of March). However, the readers of our paper demand swift justice for all of those affected by these atrocities, past and present.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »

Very shortly, I'll be showing all of those LOSER publications how to properly slander and malign - stay tuned!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »

disgonnabegood.gif

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »

I miss journalism in this game that is both serious and unbiased.

Miss no more!

Responsible for breaking some of the hottest news and scandals in Fantasyland, The Atlasian Laborinth is opening its doors once again. We're currently accepting applications and leads for potential stories while we clean the cobwebs out of this khrushchyovka and get everything in order once again.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2017, 02:16:47 PM »

hire me dear! Our biases come together for a combined bias of 0 Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »

Very shortly, I'll be showing all of those LOSER publications how to properly slander and malign - stay tuned!

Still waiting!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2017, 03:50:37 PM »

The only Atlasia newspaper I'm subscribed to.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2017, 05:35:28 PM »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume E, Issue A                                              Price: Your Fair Share

PUTTING THE ASS IN HARASSMENT

The Atlasian Laborinth has disappointing yet completely unsurprising news to report: the current actual President of Fantasyland, DFWLIBERTYLOVER, has been outed as a serial harasser within his own party. After obtaining reports from The Crusader detailing DFW "acting possessive and had 'harassed people' inside the Federalist Party" on multiple occasions and even forced candidates out of elections via threats, The Atlasian Laborinth feels compelled to act.

As the last great hope and free beacon of prosperity in Fantasyland, the Labor Party takes claims of harassment very seriously.

If you or someone you know has been inappropriately touched via PM or through any other means by SERIAL HARASSER DFWLIBERTYLOVER, please contact our hotline here: Ol' Papa Griff punches above his weight and will protect you if and when you come forward.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »

you've really lost your touch adam!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2017, 06:26:43 PM »

Yes, as much as I love you to pieces, how have you managed to lose the last 4 presidential elections to the Federalists, let alone such nonentities like dfwlibertylover and fhtagn?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies