PPP NV: Obama +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:29:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP NV: Obama +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP NV: Obama +4  (Read 1254 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »

No details yet.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:17:50 PM »

Game over.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls
84% of African Americans, 79% of Hispanics in Nevada say they're 'very excited' to vote, compared to 72% of whites

Obama is ahead 61-39 among early voters in Nevada, Berkley up 55-41
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »

And the Senate race is tied!!! Fantastic news!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2012, 03:43:42 PM by AWallTEP81 »

84% of African Americans, 79% of Hispanics in Nevada say they're 'very excited' to vote, compared to 72% of whites

Romney should* concede (edited from "has") Nevada.  It's time to look elsewhere.  Obama now has his insurance against a Romney pickup in NH.  
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »

Obama's best polling day in forever.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »

Romney has conceded Nevada.  It's time to look elsewhere.  Obama now has his insurance against a Romney pickup in NH.  

Actually, he hasn't yet. He's been campaigning there the last couple of days I believe. Waste of time, if you ask me.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »

Romney has conceded Nevada.  It's time to look elsewhere.  Obama now has his insurance against a Romney pickup in NH.  

Actually, he hasn't yet. He's been campaigning there the last couple of days I believe. Waste of time, if you ask me.

Yeah,  if anything it means he is not to confident about his chances in Ohio.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2012, 03:55:37 PM by Gravis Marketing »

What Romney is doing in Nevada:

(an image of dice that didn't come out. Drat.)

He has to find alternatives to Ohio and Wisconsin, because it just doesn't look good there, so he has no choice but to try to rouse crowds in Nevada. It won't work but he has to try.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »

He has to find alternatives to Ohio and Wisconsin, because it just doesn't look good there, so he has no choice but to try to rouse crowds in Nevada. It won't work but he has to try.

Obama pulling +75% the Hispanic vote in NV. I don't think so.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »

Romney is actually the opposite of conceding Nevada. He was in the Las Vegas suburbs yesterday and is in Reno today. His Super PACs are also increasing spending there.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »

Romney is actually the opposite of conceding Nevada. He was in the Las Vegas suburbs yesterday and is in Reno today. His Super PACs are also increasing spending there.

Excuse me, fixed.  My bad. 
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »

Well yeah, Romney can't concede it because he absolutely has to have it to win if he can't get Ohio. McCain/Palin visited Pennsylvania until the bitter end. Doesn't mean Romney will win it.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

273-265, Romney

not a terrible strategy to see what he can do in Nevada.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »

At this point Romney only wins if a) something unexpected happens to shake up the race or b) the polls are all really wrong. He doesn't have a path to victory with the current map. So at this point his campaign has to involve magical thinking, which means that a trip to Nevada will somehow change the dynamic. What else can he do?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »

At this point Romney only wins if a) something unexpected happens to shake up the race or b) the polls are all really wrong. He doesn't have a path to victory with the current map. So at this point his campaign has to involve magical thinking, which means that a trip to Nevada will somehow change the dynamic. What else can he do?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves... it's not like Romney is pulling out of Ohio, he's hitting Canton with Ryan in a few days, I believe. 

I think he might be just feeling the air out there.  I would agree though, that Romney does realize that it's very likely he might have to pull this off without Ohio. 
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »

Change his name to Mitt Rodriquez.

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »

PPP had 51-47 as its final NV poll and Obama won by 12. Obviously it will be closer this time around but I expect a 53-46 Obama victory and wouldn't be shocked if he took the state by 9.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

PPP had 51-47 as its final NV poll and Obama won by 12. Obviously it will be closer this time around but I expect a 53-46 Obama victory and wouldn't be shocked if he took the state by 9.

You are correct, sir.  54-45.

75% of Hispanics going for Obama.  This is fatal for Romney. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »

What can he do?  Win Ohio.  Obama is below 50% in almost every poll there and most polls there are oversampling Democrats.  The state is not going to be D+10 when it was only D+5 in the perfect storm year of 2012. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »

What can he do?  Win Ohio.  Obama is below 50% in almost every poll there and most polls there are oversampling Democrats.  The state is not going to be D+10 when it was only D+5 in the perfect storm year of 2012. 

JESUS CHRIST, ENOUGH!

Can we ban people who go on about Party ID please?  PLEASE?!

I'm not going into it because those of us who understand this feature of polls have had to explain this over, and over, and over, and over...

This is more tired a subject than Ben Romney and "his numbers"
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »

We got this. My home state is going for Obama.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »

JESUS CHRIST, ENOUGH!

Can we ban people who go on about Party ID please?  PLEASE?!

I'm not going into it because those of us who understand this feature of polls have had to explain this over, and over, and over, and over...

This is more tired a subject than Ben Romney and "his numbers"

Phips is a dumb who's basically the vintage version of Ben Romney, just ignore him. He's even gone so far off the deep end that he became a jobs truther last month.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »

Obama pulling +75% the Hispanic vote in NV. I don't think so.
http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=NVP00p1
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 02:00:07 AM »

I really do think that out of the smaller swing states (NV, NH, IA, CO) this could well be the one that Obama carries in a close race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies