How to deal with a Romney win--
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:35:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How to deal with a Romney win--
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How to deal with a Romney win--  (Read 2105 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

Get behind Romney and try to work with him for the better of this country and start planning for 2014 and 2016.

Same advice goes with the Republicans if Obama wins.

Romney's not interested in working to "better the country".

Yeah, Romney's just in it because he's unemployed and needs a job until he retires in four years..

Not far from the truth...
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »

A Romney win means that I won't be able to marry the man that I love. So there's that. That's kind of hard to "deal with."
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »

A Romney win means that I won't be able to marry the man that I love. So there's that. That's kind of hard to "deal with."

Your own state voted it down, don't blame Romney. In fact, what is Obama's plan for a national gay marriage strategy? Ohhhhh right, there isn't one, just like Romney has no plan for a national ban on it either. Time to look for another scapegoat reason..
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »

This proves how Romney lies when he claims to be for limited government.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »

Your own state voted it down, don't blame Romney. In fact, what is Obama's plan for a national gay marriage strategy? Ohhhhh right, there isn't one, just like Romney has no plan for a national ban on it either. Time to look for another scapegoat reason..

Romney has repeatedly shown support for a federal anti-gay marriage amendment, and his record on gay issues as governor of Massachusetts has been nothing short of abysmal. He was the gatekeeper in 2004, and though gay marriage forces eventually broke through, it was Mitt Romney's opposition that made every single gain gay people enjoyed in that state so f-ing difficult to get.

Besides: Gay marriage will be decided in the Supreme Court, and Romney would never appoint someone he thought supportive of that basic civil right.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 05:41:59 PM »

Romney has repeatedly shown support for a federal anti-gay marriage amendment, and his record on gay issues as governor of Massachusetts has been nothing short of abysmal. He was the gatekeeper in 2004, and though gay marriage forces eventually broke through, it was Mitt Romney's opposition that made every single gain gay people enjoyed in that state so f-ing difficult to get.

Besides: Gay marriage will be decided in the Supreme Court, and Romney would never appoint someone he thought supportive of that basic civil right.

Interesting articles. I'm not going to nitpick as I am completely for gay marriage (although I dislike the word gay in there, should be homosexual marriage but whatever) and I will just say that the legal conundrum - and resulting social firestorm - that would happen if a federal ban was even tried prevents it from moving past the "voiced support for" line. Still nothing points to Obama doing anything but continuing the status quo, ie letting the states do their own thing.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »

I don't think Romney would really pursue a national ban on gay marriage. It's very polarizing and a lot of political capital to spend on something he probably doesn't really care all that much about considering his flip flopping.

With that said, I would not be able to deal with a Romney win, as it would be a victory for the darkest elements of society, particularly American society. Thus I will be moving to Canada.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »

I don't think Romney would really pursue a national ban on gay marriage.

I firmly believe he would.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »

I don't think Romney would really pursue a national ban on gay marriage. It's very polarizing and a lot of political capital to spend on something he probably doesn't really care all that much about considering his flip flopping.

With that said, I would not be able to deal with a Romney win, as it would be a victory for the darkest elements of society, particularly American society. Thus I will be moving to Canada.

Ughhh how crass. I live between the two countries and they are both amazing unique inspiring places to live, and to threaten to leave one for the other due to perceived injustice is silly and tired (remember the jesusland/united states of Canada map from 2004?). Although I agree with the first part of your comments (minus the flip-flop jab).
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »

Why? I'm just curious since I feel like it would have been mentioned outright by now instead of just being part of a generic Republican platform laundry list to win conservatives over.

And I say this as someone who thinks Romney is the most despicable major party candidate in the nation's history, so I usually expect the worst from him and could probably be swayed.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies