How to deal with a Romney win--
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How to deal with a Romney win--
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How to deal with a Romney win--  (Read 2096 times)
ucscgaldamez

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

So, I am predicting that Romney will win, narrowly. It will be a very, very close contest and we'll go into the night until he is declared the winner. So, my question for Democrats is, what will you do or think to make yourself feel better? I know an election loss can be hard and will be hard for some.

For me, I'll be happy that Democrats will retain the Senate. There will be at least some resistance to Romney's agenda. Harry Reid will throw some punches and I really hope Democrats keep the line against him.  I feel that Romney will be a one term president. I don't have any high hopes about him or his agenda. I also think he will end up angering his base and that will surely be fun to watch.

Also, I will be more than happy to blame Romney and Republicans for the continued economic problems, just like what they did to Obama. If things get worse, we'll have a Democratic house in 2014 and take Romney out in 2016.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »

So you want a revolving door of 1 term Democrat/Republican presidents?  If that happens, then 3rd parties need to be looked into cause the country will end up getting worse if nothing gets accomplished.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2012, 12:21:25 AM by King »

Democrats might as well give up.   This economy is about to explode in the spring no matter who wins.   Should they win, Romney and the Republicans are going to get to take credit for turning around the economy in just two months.  Midterms will landslide, Romney will win re-election easily, Paul Ryan likely will win in 2020 as well.

It's times like this I'm glad I am not a hardcore partisan.  The consequences of this election are going to be dire for the loser party.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 12:19:23 AM »

Well, I always say if Romney wins, Mary Landrieu will be better off for 2014.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 01:07:57 AM »

Be mad as hell that the Supreme Court will be conservative for a very long time, worried about my sister's ability to come to college cause she prolly won't be able to get a loan. I'll be paying through my teeth for my loans, but I knew that already. Wondering and hoping Republicans are sincere with jobs and creating an environment conducive for job growth or just pass new bills regarding abortion and the gays. Hopefully if they are smart they'll go for immigration reform but the Tea Party wont stand for amnesty.
wan
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »

So, I am predicting that Romney will win, narrowly. It will be a very, very close contest and we'll go into the night until he is declared the winner. So, my question for Democrats is, what will you do or think to make yourself feel better? I know an election loss can be hard and will be hard for some.

For me, I'll be happy that Democrats will retain the Senate. There will be at least some resistance to Romney's agenda. Harry Reid will throw some punches and I really hope Democrats keep the line against him.  I feel that Romney will be a one term president. I don't have any high hopes about him or his agenda. I also think he will end up angering his base and that will surely be fun to watch.

Also, I will be more than happy to blame Romney and Republicans for the continued economic problems, just like what they did to Obama. If things get worse, we'll have a Democratic house in 2014 and take Romney out in 2016.

About a week ago i feeling worried about Obama winning. Now this week i am now confident about Obama's chances of winning. He has closed in on Romney and i'm sure the Romney campaign is worried. There rumors about Romney worried he could lose Indiana because of murdock. I'm a poll watcher. Name a poll or website and i'm sure  i been there today.
milhouse24
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 10:00:01 AM »

Liberals should start looking for work, since the economy will pick up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »

Get behind Romney and try to work with him for the better of this country and start planning for 2014 and 2016.

Same advice goes with the Republicans if Obama wins.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »

Lots of junk food. 
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:34:17 AM »

It's easy, get ready for your income to increase over the next 4 yrs if you work.  If you don't want to work and can, well get ready for that to decrease Shocked

Oh and hopefully those Obamaphones turn into paperweights.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »

Get behind Romney and try to work with him for the better of this country and start planning for 2014 and 2016.

Romney's not interested in working to "better the country".
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »

Looking at the polls from Ohio and Virginia the past couple days, I don't think anyone has to worry about what to do if Romney wins.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »

Why does everyone think the economy is going to pick up massively? Even accounting for rising home prices, I don't think there will be a secular boom for another 3-5 years or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mild recession soon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:07 AM »

Looking at the polls from Ohio and Virginia the past couple days, I don't think anyone has to worry about what to do if Romney wins.

Probably not, but its got to be talked about, because the polls in OH and VA could easily change.  I'm hoping not, but they could change and we could be watching the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States on Sunday, January 20, 2013.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »

Also, I will be more than happy to blame Romney and Republicans for the continued economic problems, just like what they did to Obama.

Ahh, yes... partisan hackery without looking at any facts!  That will surely do great things for this country.  You and those who think like you are what is wrong with American politics.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »

Move to France
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »

Probably not, but its got to be talked about, because the polls in OH and VA could easily change.

Since this frightful prospect is being raised, I'm probably going to buy a bus ticket and go to the nearest city that has good protests if Romney wins. I might not even need to take a bus, since it might just be Cincinnati.
wan
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »

Probably not, but its got to be talked about, because the polls in OH and VA could easily change.  I'm hoping not, but they could change and we could be watching the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States on Sunday, January 20, 2013.

Hey fake democrat quit trolling
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »

Probably not, but its got to be talked about, because the polls in OH and VA could easily change.

Since this frightful prospect is being raised, I'm probably going to buy a bus ticket and go to the nearest city that has good protests if Romney wins. I might not even need to take a bus, since it might just be Cincinnati.

I could not have written a more telling indictment about the Obama supporters minds: if the democratic process fails to give you the result you want, you would protest it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »

Also, I will be more than happy to blame Romney and Republicans for the continued economic problems, just like what they did to Obama.

Ahh, yes... partisan hackery without looking at any facts!  That will surely do great things for this country.  You and those who think like you are what is wrong with American politics.

I don't see how you can expect any different after the last 4 years.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »

I could not have written a more telling indictment about the Obama supporters minds: if the democratic process fails to give you the result you want, you would protest it.

Is that any worse than how Bush supporters rioted in Florida in 2000?
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

Is that any worse than how Bush supporters rioted in Florida in 2000?

?? Link please
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »

You're aware of the current Republican opposition?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »

So, I am predicting that Obama will win, narrowly. It will be a very, very close contest and we'll go into the night until he is declared the winner. So, my question for Republicans is, what will you do or think to make yourself feel better? I know an election loss can be hard and will be hard for some.

For me, I'll be happy that Democrats will retain the Senate. There will be at least some support for Obama's agenda. Harry Reid will throw some punches and I really hope Democrats keep the line with him.  I feel that Obama will be a two term president. I have many high hopes about him or his agenda. I also think he will end up exiting his base and that will surely be fun to watch.

Also, I will be more than happy to credit Obama and Democrats for the continued economic progress, just like what they did to Clinton. If things get better, we'll have a Democratic house in 2014 and keep the White House in 2016.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 04:48:07 PM »

Romney's not interested in working to "better the country".

Yeah, Romney's just in it because he's unemployed and needs a job until he retires in four years..
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies