Gravis: Virginia tied (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:16:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gravis: Virginia tied (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gravis: Virginia tied  (Read 1826 times)
ajb
United States

« on: October 27, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »

Bad poll for Romney.

A tie in Gravis is basically a 2-3 point lead for Obama due to their house effect.
I'd like to be able to say this, but I think they're more incompetent than R-leaning, though of course there's no reason they can't be both.
ajb
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »

Bad poll for Romney.

A tie in Gravis is basically a 2-3 point lead for Obama due to their house effect.
I'd like to be able to say this, but I think they're more incompetent than R-leaning, though of course there's no reason they can't be both.

Perhaps.

I am just going by Silver's assessment on Gravis.
Oh, I do think on average they lean R. But where Rasmussen leans R because of methodological choices he's made, and is thus pretty reliably a little bit to the right on almost every poll he does, Gravis just seems to be bad at their job. Their average poll is a little to the right of the polling average, but sometimes they're drastically to the right, like when they had Smith beating Casey by 19 points in PA-Sen, and sometimes they're just a little D-friendly compared to the average, as with that Iowa poll with Obama up 4 (a couple of points better than the polling average).
If the only information I had about a race was that Gravis showed it tied, I'd assume that Obama was ahead by a couple of points -- unless he was ahead by 20, or behind by 4.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies