Politico/GWU Battleground Poll: Obama 49- Romney 48
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:41:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Politico/GWU Battleground Poll: Obama 49- Romney 48
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico/GWU Battleground Poll: Obama 49- Romney 48  (Read 2089 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2012, 05:45:01 AM »
« edited: October 29, 2012, 05:49:34 AM by Clinton1996 "Sec. of Explaining Stuff" »

Obama has regained the lead in the tracking poll 49-48, a three point swing from last week.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82986.html?hp=f3
He's back on top with women.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
His JA is positive.
He also leads on substantive issues.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 05:48:54 AM »

Cool. Hopefully they won't bother with a final poll though.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 05:49:28 AM »

The national polls are going towards Obama ever so slightly. Combined with the dire EC situation for Romney...I think Obama is really the clear favorite now.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 07:02:37 AM »

The national polls are going towards Obama ever so slightly. Combined with the dire EC situation for Romney...I think Obama is really the clear favorite now.

There's been a reduction in undecideds in good state polls recently, either because they have now made their choice or because pollsters have deduced that they won't go to the polls. It's too early to announce who's getting the benefit of that. Of course some state polls and alot of national polls (without call backs) will be next to meaningless over the next few days. IDB/TIPP made a good call on suspending polling.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »

Brit Humes was saying this poll was suppose to be Romney +5.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »

Obama is surging back into the lead nationally.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »

Well, 52-47 advantage Mittens.  Enjoy! In this environment, that seems like a landslide to me! I am surprised krazen has not already picked up it. He must be slipping.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »

The actual poll says Obama 49-48. Then they apply their magical model and suddenly Mittens leads by 5. Sure.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »

The actual poll says Obama 49-48. Then they apply their magical model and suddenly Mittens leads by 5. Sure.

Cool! Don't you like magical models?  Did you ever consider that all of the models have an element of alchemy in them?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »

It is Halloween, so a little hocus-pocus turns that O+1 to R+5.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 11:16:45 AM »

Lay off the weed a bit, Tor.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »

I am a mere conduit. By the way, it is a bipartisan poll projection. So there!  Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »

Just to be clear, the Battleground Poll is bipartisan and finds Obama leading 49-48, but the "vote election model" and the Goeas memo cited by the Weekly Standard, are not. They come exclusively from the Republican Tarrance Group.
dirks

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2012, 11:28:04 AM by dirks »

Great number for Mitt from a top notch firm! Looks like Obama is mired at 47% haha!

the 49-48 is what happens with the D+6-9 special sauce turnout model. PPP doesn't realize this yet. Obviously polls need to be adjusted when you oversample dems
ajb
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

Great number for Mitt from a top notch firm! Looks like Obama is mired at 47% 49% haha!
FTFY
ajb
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »

Key graf:

UPDATE: Politico reports on the poll's top-line: Obama 49, Romney 48 percent. But it is the noteworthy last paragraph from Goeas's memo that we're referring to: "In sum, this data indicates this election remains very close on the surface, but the political environment and the composition of the likely electorate favor Governor Romney. These factors come into play with our “vote election model” – which takes into account variables like vote intensity, voters who say they are definite in their vote, and demographics like age and education. In that snapshot of today’s vote model, Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama by five-points – 52% to 47%. While that gap can certainly be closed by the ground game of the Democrats, reports from the field would indicate that not to be the case, and Mitt Romney may well be heading to a decisive victory."

Doesn't this sound rather like a likely voter model? Which they've already applied in generating the topline results?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »

The same Tarrance Group projection in 2008 had Obama only +2.  He won by 7
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »

Key graf:

UPDATE: Politico reports on the poll's top-line: Obama 49, Romney 48 percent. But it is the noteworthy last paragraph from Goeas's memo that we're referring to: "In sum, this data indicates this election remains very close on the surface, but the political environment and the composition of the likely electorate favor Governor Romney. These factors come into play with our “vote election model” – which takes into account variables like vote intensity, voters who say they are definite in their vote, and demographics like age and education. In that snapshot of today’s vote model, Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama by five-points – 52% to 47%. While that gap can certainly be closed by the ground game of the Democrats, reports from the field would indicate that not to be the case, and Mitt Romney may well be heading to a decisive victory."

Doesn't this sound rather like a likely voter model? Which they've already applied in generating the topline results?

Your last point is an interesting and valid one. The same thought occurred to me, but for me to pose it, would do nothing for Mittmomentum, so I repressed the thought. But in my defense, I just knew you would show up to close this particular "donut hole."  Thanks!
ajb
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »

Key graf:

Your last point is an interesting and valid one. The same thought occurred to me, but for me to pose it, would do nothing for Mittmomentum, so I repressed the thought. But in my defense, I just knew you would show up to close this particular "donut hole."  Thanks!
Glad to be of service.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »

Key graf:

Your last point is an interesting and valid one. The same thought occurred to me, but for me to pose it, would do nothing for Mittmomentum, so I repressed the thought. But in my defense, I just knew you would show up to close this particular "donut hole."  Thanks!

Might as well just start your own "polling firm", don't you think, Torie? Then you have direct control over the numbers and can provide as strong a boost to Mittmentum as you desire Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »

Hilarious.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »

Romney isnt president type. hes like Colin Farrell in Horrible Bosses.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 01:33:37 PM »

Brit Humes was saying this poll was suppose to be Romney +5.

Yes, those are the "unskewed" numbers. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies