Very Long and Extensive 2008 Primary! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:36:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Very Long and Extensive 2008 Primary! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Very Long and Extensive 2008 Primary!  (Read 8348 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: February 03, 2005, 09:31:18 PM »
« edited: February 03, 2005, 10:38:13 PM by nickshepDEM »

4 monies to Senator Evan Bayh.
4 monies to Governor Mark Warner.
2 monies to General Wesley Clark (ret.)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 07:22:43 PM »

I can't say that I really give my complete support to Clark, but I would just like to see him on the ballot at least and will do what is nessecary.

He would make a great VP candidate.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 07:25:17 PM »

I think he would.  Explain why you think he would not?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »

At one time I felt the same way about Clark, but now I think the man is just unable to conduct himself in a national campaign. His speaking skills are horrible(though I'll admit that he did improve), and he'd be making gaffes left and right.

He wouldn't help the Dems in the South or anywhere else- basically,  he's John Edwards without the charisma.

I would agree with that, but his speech at the convention proved to me he can speak publicly.  What he brings to the ticket is a STRONG national security and military background  (most decorated officer since Dwight Eisenhower and former Supreme Allied Command of NATO).  In the post 9/11 world I think it is crucial, especially for Democrats to have at least one half of the ticket with a national security and military background.  I believe the biggest issue in 2004 was the publics lack of confidence in John Kerry's ability to lead the War on Terror.  The Republicans exploited this very well and it worked.  How effective would the "unfit for command" bit work on a 4 star General and former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO?

Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 08:27:26 PM »

Kerry won the purple heart thrice. Bush and Cheney are draft dodgers. Based on those premises alone, who would you rather trust with your security?

Bush is held to a different standard.  He is seen as a Texas Cowboy who doesnt take any sh**t off those terrorist and for the most part the American people like that.   
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 09:07:03 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2005, 09:10:49 PM by nickshepDEM »

Kerry won the purple heart thrice. Bush and Cheney are draft dodgers. Based on those premises alone, who would you rather trust with your security?

Bob Dole is a decorated World War 2 Vet, Bill Clinton was a draft dodger, out of curiousity who did/would you have voted for in '92?

I wasnt old enough to vote at the time, but of course I would have voted for Clinton.  The economy was strong and it was peace time.  But since you brought up Bob Dole, I have a question.  Was he strong candidate?  I wasnt really into politics back then (i was only 11 years old), but I have been wondering how stong of a candidate he was and if he ran a good campaign?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:13:05 PM »

I wasnt old enough to vote at the time.  But since you brought up Bob Dole, I have a question.  Was he strong candidate?  I wasnt really into politics back then (i was only 11 years old) and I have been wondering how stong of a candidate he was and if he ran a good campaign?

He was a lackluster candidate- the Republican John Kerry, you might say.

Bob, was there any candidate that could have beat Clinton in 1996?  Was anything going wrong at the time that might have give anyone a chance in hell at beating him?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 04:53:34 PM »

Senator Evan Bayh (D-Indiana)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix