Very Long and Extensive 2008 Primary! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:18:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Very Long and Extensive 2008 Primary! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Very Long and Extensive 2008 Primary!  (Read 8345 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 04, 2005, 02:30:37 AM »

I will give 3 monies to Mitt Romney, 3 monies to Condi Rice, 3 monies to Rudy Giuliani and 1 monie to the stop Newt Campaign.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 03:54:34 PM »

I will give 10 monies Rudy Giuliani  5 monies to Condi Rice, 3 monies to and McCain

I think you've just allocated 8 monies too many Josh

Dave
We could attempt to divine voter intent by dividing by 1.8 and rounding.
That's 6 to Giuliani, 3 to Rice, 2 to McCain.
Darn it. Still 11. Giuliani was rounded up by most, thence I'd say Giuliani gets 5.

We'll use that unless Josh submits a new ballot.
Skybridge, the Wolfy one won't be counted, and you will be recorded as giving 6 to Fiengold and 4 to Clark unless you say otherwise.

Here's a question wouldn't it make sense if the 1 monie I gave to the Stop Newt Campaign took away half a monie from Newt's total score?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 06:10:29 PM »

I will give 10 monies Rudy Giuliani  5 monies to Condi Rice, 3 monies to and McCain

I think you've just allocated 8 monies too many Josh

Dave
We could attempt to divine voter intent by dividing by 1.8 and rounding.
That's 6 to Giuliani, 3 to Rice, 2 to McCain.
Darn it. Still 11. Giuliani was rounded up by most, thence I'd say Giuliani gets 5.

We'll use that unless Josh submits a new ballot.
Skybridge, the Wolfy one won't be counted, and you will be recorded as giving 6 to Fiengold and 4 to Clark unless you say otherwise.

Here's a question wouldn't it make sense if the 1 monie I gave to the Stop Newt Campaign took away half a monie from Newt's total score?

This is fundraising. Unless you plan on stealing money from Gingrich... How about this. You can steal 1 money from Gingrich, but then you will go to jail and not be able to vote in the rest of the primary?

So what you're saying is unless I go to jail I threw away my money?  Oh well nothing is worth going to prison for.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 09:01:18 PM »

Kerry won the purple heart thrice. Bush and Cheney are draft dodgers. Based on those premises alone, who would you rather trust with your security?

Bob Dole is a decorated World War 2 Vet, Bill Clinton was a draft dodger, out of curiousity who did/would you have voted for in '92?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 10:13:13 PM »

Bob, was there any candidate that could have beat Clinton in 1996?  Was anything going wrong at the time that might have give anyone a chance in hell at beating him?

Almost certainly not. The GOP field was a weak one- Pat Buchanan was a prominent candidate, as was Steve Forbes- and if anything, they would have lost worse than Dole. The economy was booming, and Clinton's centrist policies were very popular. No one had ever heard of Monica Lewinsky, either.

1996 was a Democratic year, period. No Republican could have beaten Clinton, just like no Democrat could have beaten Reagan in 1984.

If Clinton had tried to continue his left wing agenda that he started off with (which led to the Democrats getting lambasted in the '94 mid-terms) he would have been beatable. Also he was already known for being unfaithful to his wife. Though, the facts were the moral issues didn't matter, it seemed pretty petty to be whining about a persons affair when the economy was doing well and after '94 Clinton needed to be moderate to get anything done with Republicans in the congress. I must say Clinton was an excellent Politician with a great amount of adabtiblity. And, Bob Dole was, sadly the best candidate the Republicans had to offer during the primaries. Now, if a person like Colin Powell would have run against Clinton in '96 it would have been one heck of an entertaining race
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

How much longer does this primary go on for?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 02:53:51 PM »

Mitt Romney
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 10:32:28 PM »

Mitt Romney
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: