WeAskAmerica: Obama leads by 16 in Illinois
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:22:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WeAskAmerica: Obama leads by 16 in Illinois
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WeAskAmerica: Obama leads by 16 in Illinois  (Read 671 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »

57-41 Obama

http://weaskamerica.com/2012/10/31/favorite-son/
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »

Seems about right.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2012, 02:23:26 PM by AWallTEP81 »

This is right about where I have it.  The state is going to swing to Romney outside of Cook.  

I don't think they typically like Chicago Dems downstate very much, do they?  Four years removed probably furthers that sentiment

Any insight, Vosem?  
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »

Yeah, if you add about 4 points to Obama's margin because of WAA's GOP lean ...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »

This is right about where I have it.  The state is going to swing to Romney outside of Cook.  

I don't think they typically like Chicago Dems downstate very much, do they?  Four years removed probably furthers that sentiment

Any insight, Vosem?  

I haven't lived in IL for many years; nowadays I live in OH. I could tell you about that if you'd like.

When I did live in IL, I lived in Champaign, so I can tell you: they despise Chicago Dems downstate. But they always have, so I'm not sure why they would any more or less than the national swing this year.
ill ind

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »

Actually in the poll Obama is getting 46% downstate--which is far better than the 34% Pat Quinn got when he won the Gubenetorial election 2 years ago.

The whole Chicago-Downstate feud has been going on for over 100 years.  Nothing new.

Ill_ind
limac333
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -4.87

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 08:44:12 AM »

Any insight, Vosem?  

I haven't lived in IL for many years; nowadays I live in OH. I could tell you about that if you'd like.

When I did live in IL, I lived in Champaign, so I can tell you: they despise Chicago Dems downstate. But they always have, so I'm not sure why they would any more or less than the national swing this year.

I live in McHenry County, and that's about right. Downstate (and to an extent the suburbs) have a distaste for Chicago government. Most of it revolves from Chicago having enough sway to politically get what they want. The rest of the state is somewhat angered by that, and I can't fault them for it. However, the other side of that, is Chicago and the collar counties around Cook, have most of the population and generate most of the tax revenue, so they want to spend it how they see fit.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 09:28:46 AM »

Any insight, Vosem?  

Does anybody know if this is simlar in nature to other states that have huge cities that tend to drown out the rest of the state like New York with New York City, Michigan with Detroit or Seattle with Washington?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »

Any insight, Vosem?  

Does anybody know if this is simlar in nature to other states that have huge cities that tend to drown out the rest of the state like New York with New York City, Michigan with Detroit or Seattle with Washington?

When I lived in New York, I lived in the City itself, so I can tell you everything north of, say, Westchester County is made up basically of crystallized s**t.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies