Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:17:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic  (Read 12416 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: October 31, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »

Guys, assuming for a moment that this actually is a real story, I'm thinking the Senator is from out west somewhere.

Drudge has a habit of always releasing his big stuff in the middle of the live news reporting so they have to stop everything and cut to the BREAKING STORY. Given the late night release this story will apparently have, I'm wondering if it's being timed to go out like ten minutes into the start of the evening news in the Senator's home state?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »

I saw Ali Akbar's original tweet (which has since been removed, it appears). In it, he was just speculating that it could be Menendez but he didn't know for sure. The "taxpayer funded" bit was apparently added to the rumor by this site, because before then I'd only seen "private trip with wealthy campaign donor." Also nobody was "alleging" they were underage, even, it was just someone on twitter being like, "OH WERE THE HOOKERS UNDERAGE THAT WOULD MAKE THE SCANDAL EVEN WORSE" and Ali just responded that he didn't know.

At this point, it looks like the speculation that it's Menendez is apparently just inconsequential twitter rumor mill insanity.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:20:14 PM »

Yes, New Jersey's never had an incumbent Democratic Senator run for governor.

Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »

Yeah, I can see why Drudge didn't make this the headline, give it DrudgeSirens or anything. An unmarried man sleeps with a couple of hookers while privately visiting a country where it's legal, and the only sources are apparently the two women who only went public about it because they were short-changed a few hundred dollars (as an aside, I thought prostitutes are usually fully-paid up front; opebo or anyone else know the standard here?).

Assuming no crazy details come up, I'd still consider Menendez safe for reelection- after all, they call it "live boy, dead girl territory" for a reason. Also consider that this apparently happened like nine months ago and it's only now being released- voters are automatically less trustful of scandals that happen just before election day. It also doesn't hurt his chances that like half of his state doesn't have the electricity to watch the news anyway.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:17:53 PM »

If Vitter got away with it, Menendez can too, particularly as he isn't married.

I think Louisiana has gotten strongly Republican, making Vitter safe. 

But NJ still has a strong Republican state party, given Christie's win.  A socially liberal but fiscally conservative Republican can win NJ like Scott Brown in MA.

Kyrillos is no Scott Brown, and by 2018 nobody will remember this at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies