Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:42:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic  (Read 12520 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 31, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

'Campaign' would imply somebody running in 2012, wouldn't it...?

Then again, it's a Drudge headline.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »

Doubt it's Brown, either.

My big concern would be if it's Reid, since he's Leader and all, but I imagine there are any number of Senators it could be.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »

Menendez would be an interesting possibility.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »

Menendez would be an interesting possibility.
If this blew up enough, could he potentially lose? I think it's safe to say if this is Nelson, Brown, or Tester, they'll more than likely lose.

Well, it's perhaps more relevant that if it is Menendez and he was forced out, Christie would get to appoint.  And apparently under NJ law the appointee serves out the term?

Yeah. Menendez, if it is him, will probably still win, and if he ends up resigning it's anybody's guess. We could get an appointed Republican for five and a half years in New Jersey (in which case I really hope it's LoBiondo, one of the few New Jersey Republicans for whom I have respect along with Christie himself and Smith some but not all of the time). Christie could also appoint a Democrat as a gratis to the choice of the voters. We shall see.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »

Menendez is what I heard on Twitter, could be wrong. And if so, no, he wouldn't lose. The guy's sleazy enough as is.

If it is him, New Jersey has more pressing things to worry about right now than their Senator sleeping with hookers.  Much of the state doesn't even have electricity right now.  The news cycle is wall-to-wall Sandy.

Yeah. If this is Menendez then this news could not have broken at a better (or less bad) time for him.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »

DSK is sleazy enough. Even if he managed to beat the rap in NYC.

Regardless of who it is, if they are dumb enough not to pay their hookers, they reap what they sow.

I haven't agreed with you on much so far, rookie, but I can't argue with anything in this post.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2012, 01:32:42 AM by Nathan »

Well he's divorced for what it's worth.

Yeah, if this is even true his main crime (as opposed to his main sin, which would be...hard to pin down) is just being a cheapskate.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »

I'm still baffled as to how one could possibly think it a remotely good idea to not pay prostitutes in full.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies