Have you ever made a statement that runs counter to your political philosophy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:34:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Have you ever made a statement that runs counter to your political philosophy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever made a statement that runs counter to your political philosophy?  (Read 950 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2005, 12:56:26 PM »

Just curious ...

I once surprised my uni colleagues when I said that my only regret about the British Empire was that the British working class didn't do well enough out of it!

Dave
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 01:46:44 PM »

The one that immediately comes to mind is that my position on affirmative action is blatantly unliberal.  My position on it is basically that the most qualified person should get hired and that if a company turns down a member of a minority, then that's the person's problem and he or she should either get more qualified for the position and try again or go find another job.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 02:57:26 PM »

To a point I have. I am a conservative in the sense I believe in low taxes and minimum government spending and services. But I don't like the fact that all laws seem to be written to favor large corporations or those who have the money to bribe politicians. So on the standard Nolan Chart, this probably is contradictory and makes me appear more to the center (on economic issues) than I really am. On the Vosem chart, Fiscal and Corporate issues are seperated, so in this case I am not contradictory of my philosophy.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 01:25:16 AM »

The one that immediately comes to mind is that my position on affirmative action is blatantly unliberal.  My position on it is basically that the most qualified person should get hired and that if a company turns down a member of a minority, then that's the person's problem and he or she should either get more qualified for the position and try again or go find another job.

WELL SAID!  That would be mine as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies