How excited are you to see the other side's reaction to Tuesday?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:17:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How excited are you to see the other side's reaction to Tuesday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How excited are you to see the other side's reaction to Tuesday?  (Read 1385 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

Since both sides seem to be pretty certain of a win, one side is going to have some shocked howling Tuesday night.  To me, there's nothing more glorious than crying Republicans, and I'm sure most on the other side feel the same way.

So on a scale of 1-10, how much are you looking forward to seeing the other side in agony Tuesday?  Does it outweigh your excitement over the election in general?  To me, it almost does.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »

No. I care about the future of the world. I feel sorry for those who still support Obama.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »

Since both sides seem to be pretty certain of a win, one side is going to have some shocked howling Tuesday night.  To me, there's nothing more glorious than crying Republicans, and I'm sure most on the other side feel the same way.

So on a scale of 1-10, how much are you looking forward to seeing the other side in agony Tuesday?  Does it outweigh your excitement over the election in general?  To me, it almost does.

I will be delighted to see people like Karl Rove and Grover Norquist tear their clothes in mourning -- except that such is not behavior associated with Norwegian-Americans. I will be delighted to see the more virulent newscasters of FoX Propaganda Channel making stupefied 180-degree turns in their presentation of news as in 2008.

The bulk of people who vote for GOP/Tea Party pols have been propagandized to believe that President Obama is nearly-pure evil... and I want to reassure them that he has the best of intentions for those who voted against him.  
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »

Since both sides seem to be pretty certain of a win, one side is going to have some shocked howling Tuesday night.  To me, there's nothing more glorious than crying Republicans, and I'm sure most on the other side feel the same way.

So on a scale of 1-10, how much are you looking forward to seeing the other side in agony Tuesday?  Does it outweigh your excitement over the election in general?  To me, it almost does.

I will be delighted to see people like Karl Rove and Grover Norquist tear their clothes in mourning -- except that such is not particularly Norwegian behavior. I will be delighted to see the more virulent newscasters of FoX Propaganda Channel making 180-degree turns in their presentation of news.

The bulk of people who vote for GOP/Tea Party pols have been propagandized to believe that President Obama is nearly-pure evil... and I want to reassure them that he has the best of intentions for those who voted against him.  

Yeah, right. Vote for revenge!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »

Assuming we win, I'll be eager.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »

What number best represents my feelings on this? Hmmm, I'd say about 47.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 04:42:40 PM »

Pretty excited.
SnapPoll
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

So much hatred. No wonder this country is going down the tubes.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

I'll be relieved, not excited. Any schadenfreude will be a temporary release of pent-up emotion from this horrible race which I'll probably end up apologizing for a few days later.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 04:52:33 PM »

To be fair, Democrats would admit it if it were pretty clear that Obama was going down, not clinging to ridiculous conspiracy theories.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »

Dreading it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 05:27:02 PM »

The Republicans will still have the House to destroy the economy with, so there's no glory in this election. They'll likely keep it the whole next decade thanks to their extreme gerrymanders.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »

I'm looking forward to all the racists losing this election especially when they are so sure of victory.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »

Relieved.......trolling may come a few days later.

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »

This, but will, as long as it doesn't go too far, bring much amusement as well.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »

Unlike Obama, who believes in revenge, even in voting, I believe in compromise and reconciliation.

If Romney wins, I will not be gloating, nor looking forward to witnessing cries of agony from inconsolable Dems, rather, I will be looking for understanding and sanity to prevail, so the nation may move forward unimpeded by the bitterness of the campaign.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »

This forum doesn't really have too many serious Romney supporters; ergo, it would be immensely more entertaining if Romney won. The aftermath of the 2004 election was fun and engaging, even if few here at the time would readily admit it. Another "I never said I wouldn't gloat" thread in the event of an Obama victory would be a lame circlejerk, but I'm not sure who could effectively write such a thread in the event of a Romney victory. Too uncharacteristic for Torie, nobody takes Winfield and JJ seriously, etc.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 05:54:01 PM »

This, but will, as long as it doesn't go too far, bring much amusement as well.

Add a measure of horrified fascination, and I think that's about it for me as well.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »

Just to note, normally I wouldn't want to gloat about something like this, since I remember how miserable I was in 2004, but it's just that Republicans have been SO 1984-ish and denying reality this whole election, and that they're all SO 100% certain of victory despite all non-anecdotal evidence, it's going to be fun seeing them finally forced to face reality.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »

To be fair, Democrats would admit it if it were pretty clear that Obama was going down, not clinging to ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Oh would they? I'm pretty sure John "Gestapo" Husted, the "thieving" Rick Scott, and "racist" Corbett and Fallin are sure to agree with your assessment of the Democrats.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 06:17:57 PM »

LOL that's "to be fair." What would being unfair look like?

anyway, as to the question, -30.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »

Just to note, normally I wouldn't want to gloat about something like this, since I remember how miserable I was in 2004, but it's just that Republicans have been SO 1984-ish and denying reality this whole election, and that they're all SO 100% certain of victory despite all non-anecdotal evidence, it's going to be fun seeing them finally forced to face reality.
^ This exactly. It's not even victory that will make me happy, it's just the plain return to reality those folks will experience. The only victory will be that of empiricism.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »

This forum doesn't really have too many serious Romney supporters; ergo, it would be immensely more entertaining if Romney won. The aftermath of the 2004 election was fun and engaging, even if few here at the time would readily admit it. Another "I never said I wouldn't gloat" thread in the event of an Obama victory would be a lame circlejerk, but I'm not sure who could effectively write such a thread in the event of a Romney victory. Too uncharacteristic for Torie, nobody takes Winfield and JJ seriously, etc.

You don't appreciate my elucidating insight, then don't read it, bucko.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »

Hell no! Whoever wins, the hacks on the losing side will be unbearable.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »

No. Many of my close friends are democrats, Obama supporters and most importantly, Americans. No matter what happens on election day, most people who vote are good people who want what's best for America, and for their families. We just disagree on what's best for our country. People forget that politics isn't a sport, or a less messed up version of the Hunger Games.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies