Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:38:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 313785 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: December 10, 2017, 06:18:38 PM »

I know there's a lot of fundraising to be done but I hope we have some debates soon. I need something to analyze and dissect now that the Mayor's race is over.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1276 on: December 11, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »

I know there's a lot of fundraising to be done but I hope we have some debates soon. I need something to analyze and dissect now that the Mayor's race is over.

The Republican debates are going to be funny.  There’s so many of them and Cagle is the only one who’s not a raving lunatic
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1277 on: December 11, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »

Alabama senate race in less than 36 hours.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1278 on: December 14, 2017, 08:27:31 PM »

So I just want to go back to the Atlanta mayoral race. All the votes are in. The military ballots, the provisionals, and the recount are all in counted and Lance-Bottoms won by 821 votes. That is an increase from, I think, 755 votes. Mary Norwood is still refusing to concede and suggests that she will challenge the results.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1279 on: December 14, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »

She is an insufferable loser. She was present at the recount this morning and left in a frenzy because they were not counting them to her satisfaction.

Now her lawyer is alleging that several Bottoms-friendly precincts in SW Atlanta should be thrown out because they were recently annexed into the city and there is still debate in the GA Supreme Court on the legitimacy of the annexations.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1280 on: December 15, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »

She is an insufferable loser. She was present at the recount this morning and left in a frenzy because they were not counting them to her satisfaction.

Now her lawyer is alleging that several Bottoms-friendly precincts in SW Atlanta should be thrown out because they were recently annexed into the city and there is still debate in the GA Supreme Court on the legitimacy of the annexations.

lmao, wow. Republicans are REALLY sore losers. Moore in Alabama, and this "independent" in GA.

Please. Bye Felicia. You lost.

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1281 on: December 15, 2017, 08:51:10 AM »

AJC story about Norwood's possible challenge: http://www.ajc.com/news/local/mary-norwood-may-challenge-votes-following-atlanta-mayoral-recount/KiRGrHvU1Wg5idXaQVj70J/
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1282 on: December 16, 2017, 06:02:07 PM »

Does Barrow have a good chance at taking the Secretary of State's office?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1283 on: December 16, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »

I think he has a reasonable shot in what's shaping up to be a D-friendly year.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1284 on: December 16, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »

I think we should be able to peel off at least SoS and AG. Hopefully more but we’ll just have to see how the environment is in November. It’s shaping up to be a blue year but the question is if the GB margin grows and by how much.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1285 on: December 16, 2017, 08:53:18 PM »

I think he has a reasonable shot in what's shaping up to be a D-friendly year.
I'm hoping for a combination of stronger than usual numbers in Richmond and Chatham County, not getting completely blown out in the rural areas he used to represent, and strong Dem candidates in GA-06 and GA-07 ginning up turnout there to get him over the line.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1286 on: December 17, 2017, 10:21:24 AM »

I think we should be able to peel off at least SoS and AG. Hopefully more but we’ll just have to see how the environment is in November. It’s shaping up to be a blue year but the question is if the GB margin grows and by how much.

Who do we have running for AG?  Any chance we pickup Insurance Commissioner and/or State School Superintendent?  On paper it looks like we have credible candidates in those races, at least from an out-of-state perspective.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1287 on: December 17, 2017, 04:04:52 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2017, 05:05:49 PM by dotard »

Who do we have running for AG?  Any chance we pickup Insurance Commissioner and/or State School Superintendent?  On paper it looks like we have credible candidates in those races, at least from an out-of-state perspective.

No one of either party has announced for AG just yet as far as I can tell.

EDIT: You can’t file to run for AG until June
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1288 on: December 17, 2017, 05:19:21 PM »

Why?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1289 on: December 17, 2017, 06:21:04 PM »

Why?

I think this is incorrect.  Candidates would need to file in order to be eligible for the R or D primary, which is in May.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1290 on: December 17, 2017, 06:21:56 PM »

Why?

Have no idea but runforsomething.org says that the filing date is June 25-28 and it’s not on the SoS’s website yet
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1291 on: December 17, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »

Why?

Have no idea but runforsomething.org says that the filing date is June 25-28 and it’s not on the SoS’s website yet

It's here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #1292 on: December 17, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »

Hopefully, Georgia will follow the national trend in 2018 and will cause several Republican seats to flip.  It didn't happen in 2006--which was the last off year Democratic tilt.  But that was because Mark Taylor was an awful gubernatorial candidate.  
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1293 on: December 17, 2017, 06:30:44 PM »

Why?

It's here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lol guess I gotta find better info on a better website. You’d think they’d have that right. Kind of weird it’s only 2+ months from now and no one has officially announced
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1294 on: December 17, 2017, 09:26:35 PM »

Hopefully, Georgia will follow the national trend in 2018 and will cause several Republican seats to flip.  It didn't happen in 2006--which was the last off year Democratic tilt.  But that was because Mark Taylor was an awful gubernatorial candidate.  
I agree. The Atlanta suburbs have exploded and black voter registration has skyrocketed since Obama. The conditions are much more favorable for Georgia in 2018 as opposed to the last mid-term Democratic wave. Mentioned this before but I hope we get some good candidates in GA-06, GA-07, and I forgot GA-12 (!). I really want that seat back after all the bullsh**t the GOP did to take the seat away from Barrow.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1295 on: December 18, 2017, 12:20:34 AM »

I agree. The Atlanta suburbs have exploded and black voter registration has skyrocketed since Obama. The conditions are much more favorable for Georgia in 2018 as opposed to the last mid-term Democratic wave. Mentioned this before but I hope we get some good candidates in GA-06, GA-07, and I forgot GA-12 (!). I really want that seat back after all the bullsh**t the GOP did to take the seat away from Barrow.

Barrow being elected SoS would be revenge enough. GA-12 ain't flipping, but a good candidate getting out the vote there could help drive up statewide turnout for Evans and Barrow. Would Barrow be a good Senate candidate if he wins next year? I know he's old, but Isakson likely won't run again.

Isakson’s Parkinson’s is apparently getting pretty bad, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t serve out his whole term. Perdue would probably be easier to take out bc he’s not as popular and isn’t intrenched. He’s also up a Pres year and his support of that moronic immigration bill that has no chance of ever passing is a good way to turn a very diverse electorate against him.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1296 on: December 18, 2017, 12:42:24 AM »

I agree that Barrow would make a good Senate candidate if he wins SoS.

What are your thoughts on Sally Yates as a candidate against Perdue (or Isakson’s replacement)?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1297 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:27 AM »

Sally Yates would be an amazinq candidate and would be more likely to win a statewide than anybody else (except possibly Barrow) but I doubt she will actually run, unfortunately
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1298 on: December 18, 2017, 07:29:31 AM »

Hopefully, Georgia will follow the national trend in 2018 and will cause several Republican seats to flip.  It didn't happen in 2006--which was the last off year Democratic tilt.  But that was because Mark Taylor was an awful gubernatorial candidate. 

Barrow being elected SoS would be revenge enough. GA-12 ain't flipping, but a good candidate getting out the vote there could help drive up statewide turnout for Evans and Barrow. Would Barrow be a good Senate candidate if he wins next year? I know he's old, but Isakson likely won't run again.

The 12th district is exactly the sort of district that'd be a surprise pickup in a wave election IMO. Barrow has the proven ability to win the district in its current form, and he'll do better in the district runninq for state office rather than federal office. he could easily carry the district in 2018 and his coattails could qive a win to the dem conqressional candidate as well (especially if turnout patterns are favorable to us)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1299 on: December 18, 2017, 09:15:26 AM »

Yeah I view 6, 7, and 12 as wave insurance, with the 6th district being the most realistic pick up. The 12th district has Augusta, Statesboro (Georgia Southern campus), and a few rural counties with substantial black populations. I think Laurens County, has an outright black majority, but goes Republican, because the whites are clearly over represented in the electorate. Evans (or Abrams) is going to have to do major outreach to rural blacks in the Southern part of the state. Those mythical rural white blue dogs are dead (literally and figuratively).
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies