Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:10:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 313264 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »

Yeah I view 6, 7, and 12 as wave insurance, with the 6th district being the most realistic pick up. The 12th district has Augusta, Statesboro (Georgia Southern campus), and a few rural counties with substantial black populations. I think Laurens County, has an outright black majority, but goes Republican, because the whites are clearly over represented in the electorate. Evans (or Abrams) is going to have to do major outreach to rural blacks in the Southern part of the state. Those mythical rural white blue dogs are dead (literally and figuratively).

Would some of those rural whites come back to Barrow in a state-level race? I don't really see why not, particularly with Obama out of office. I thought Barrow won 6 Trump counties or something like that in 2012 (only one in 2014 though), and many of those were places that went for Romney or Trump by insane margins.
Probably... at least in large enough numbers for him to win the district.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1301 on: December 18, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »

Yeah I view 6, 7, and 12 as wave insurance, with the 6th district being the most realistic pick up. The 12th district has Augusta, Statesboro (Georgia Southern campus), and a few rural counties with substantial black populations. I think Laurens County, has an outright black majority, but goes Republican, because the whites are clearly over represented in the electorate. Evans (or Abrams) is going to have to do major outreach to rural blacks in the Southern part of the state. Those mythical rural white blue dogs are dead (literally and figuratively).

Would some of those rural whites come back to Barrow in a state-level race? I don't really see why not, particularly with Obama out of office. I thought Barrow won 6 Trump counties or something like that in 2012 (only one in 2014 though), and many of those were places that went for Romney or Trump by insane margins.
Absolutely. However, they aren’t voting for Abrams, Evans, or the (D) in a House race. The gubernatorial candidate really needs to lead a relentless effort to get out the black voters in that area.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1302 on: December 18, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »

Stacey Abrams is on Pod Save America today...
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1303 on: December 18, 2017, 05:55:53 PM »

Stacey Abrams is on Pod Save America today...

Yeah, I'm definitely on the Evans train after this.

As in you’ve listened to it or her being on it makes you not like her?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1304 on: December 21, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »

Mary the Republican concedes:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/21/politics/atlanta-mayoral-race-norwood-not-contesting/index.html
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1305 on: December 21, 2017, 12:30:37 PM »

She is an insufferable loser. She was present at the recount this morning and left in a frenzy because they were not counting them to her satisfaction.

Now her lawyer is alleging that several Bottoms-friendly precincts in SW Atlanta should be thrown out because they were recently annexed into the city and there is still debate in the GA Supreme Court on the legitimacy of the annexations.

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1306 on: January 02, 2018, 08:52:16 PM »

Now that the new year and new mayor are here, wonder when both Reed and Bottoms formally endorse someone
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1307 on: January 02, 2018, 09:28:59 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2018, 09:32:39 PM by Fmr. Pres. Griff »

Now that the new year and new mayor are here, wonder when both Reed and Bottoms formally endorse someone

I was pretty sure Bottoms endorsed Evans...? I recall it was in a weird kinda-sorta way (at the same time that Evans endorsed Bottoms), but I thought it happened nevertheless.

EDIT: looks like it was beforehand speculation; no endorsement made

I'm really interested in seeing who Reed will support. Honestly, I'm not sure about who Reed likes and dislikes between the 2 gubernatorial candidates; I know that most of the state party rank-and-file don't like Reed at all and the feeling is mutual. I would expect an Abrams endorsement unless they somehow stepped on each others' toes from their legislative days...we all know how spiteful a certain someone can be in terms of supporting/opposing Democratic candidates.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1308 on: January 02, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »

I was pretty sure Bottoms endorsed Evans...? I recall it was in a weird kinda-sorta way (at the same time that Evans endorsed Bottoms), but I thought it happened nevertheless.

EDIT: looks like it was beforehand speculation; no endorsement made

I'm really interested in seeing who Reed will support. Honestly, I'm not sure about who Reed likes and dislikes between the 2 gubernatorial candidates; I know that most of the state party rank-and-file don't like Reed at all and the feeling is mutual. I would expect an Abrams endorsement unless they somehow stepped on each others' toes from their legislative days...we all know how spiteful a certain someone can be in terms of supporting/opposing Democratic candidates.

Greg Bluestin said when Evans endorsed Bottoms , Bottoms was gonna return the favor after the election. I don't think Reed and Abrams get along and Reed has implied Evans before. 

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/07/06/kasim-reed-on-stacey-evans-she-has-a-powerful-message/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1309 on: January 02, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »

I feel that Kasim Reed is going to endorse Evans, she was at two separate events hosted by Reed in recent months, a Mayoral Masquerade Ball for Atlanta's senior citizens, and a benefit ball for the United Negro College Fund. He sung her praises at the former event, and she was photographed with him and Bottoms at the latter event looking like they were having a blast. Abrams was at neither.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1310 on: January 03, 2018, 02:13:41 AM »

Sally Yates would be an amazinq candidate and would be more likely to win a statewide than anybody else (except possibly Barrow) but I doubt she will actually run, unfortunately
Is this a joke? Can we stop pretending that elitist anti-Trump grandstanders will be good candidates in states that Trump easily won?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1311 on: January 03, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »

Sally Yates would be an amazinq candidate and would be more likely to win a statewide than anybody else (except possibly Barrow) but I doubt she will actually run, unfortunately
Is this a joke? Can we stop pretending that elitist anti-Trump grandstanders will be good candidates in states that Trump easily won?

Getting a law degree from a non-Ivy is more elitist than someone who went to Penn and a state that was closer than the Atlas-dubbed Gillespie-by-a-hair state is "easily won?"

Sally Yates would , hands down, be the best pick for this seat. Why? People around here know her. She was our US Attorney for a long time and she prosecuted both the Olympics bomber and a corruption scandal that took out half of the Atlanta City Hall. She went to UGA and is a well known local figure. She's not some elite. Idk if she wants it but she could more than likely beat Perdue if she so chose.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1312 on: January 03, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 07:38:49 PM by RFKFan68 »

Who's running for LG on the Dem. side?
There are two candidates, neither have held political office.

Triana James Arnold is running. She's from Cobb County, she was crowned "Mrs. Georgia" through Today's American Woman Pageant, which is for women of all ages and sizes. She has an.... interesting video on YouTube, where she endorses Rep. Evans. She is the woman with the blonde wig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztwISuPlQFM

There is also Sarah Riggs Amico, who is an executive chairwoman at a car hauling company and is on the board of PAWS Atlanta. Here is her introduction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIC7QLnoC8

At this point, I hope someone like Kasim Reed jumps in the race. He is a vigorous campaigner, and can parlay this into a 2022 Senate run if he so chooses.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1313 on: January 03, 2018, 07:41:50 PM »

Triana James Arnold is running. She's from Cobb County, she was crowned "Mrs. Georgia" through Today's American Woman Pageant, which is for women of all ages and sizes. She has an.... interesting video on YouTube, where she endorses Rep. Evans. She is the woman with the blonde wig.

There is also Sarah Riggs Amico, who is an executive chairwoman at a car hauling company and is on the board of PAWS Atlanta. Here is her introduction video:

At this point, I hope someone like Kasim Reed jumps in the race. He is a vigorous campaigner, and can parlay this into a 2022 Senate run if he so chooses.
Carter 2020, Reed 2022?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1314 on: January 03, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »

Carter 2020, Reed 2022?

The DSCC should be pounding on Sally Yates’s door for 2020. Reed, I think, would be a strong candidate for 2022, which I think is all but guaranteed to be an open seat.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1315 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:03 PM »

Carter 2020, Reed 2022?

The DSCC should be pounding on Sally Yates’s door for 2020. Reed, I think, would be a strong candidate for 2022, which I think is all but guaranteed to be an open seat.
I'm a bit agnostic on Yates.  I mean, sure, she's popular with #TheResistance and Women's March crowd, but does she have what it takes to form the necessary coalitions to win statewide? 

If Evans wins this November, her path to victory should be replicated.

I guess it's all up to Stacey Evans.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1316 on: January 04, 2018, 01:47:52 AM »

Can't wait for the financial disclosures to be released.

This was from an article back when the last ones were made public:

http://chattooga.allongeorgia.com/2018-georgia-governors-race-fundraising-analysis/

Also would like to note that 2/3 of Abrams' donations came from out of state donors compared to just 11 percent of Evans'. This will be good for advertisements. Also have heard that Abrams has been dodging debates. Several dates have been discussed, but she keeps canceling or declining altogether.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1317 on: January 04, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »

Cory Booker stumping for Abrams next Saturday.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/949026429936787457
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1318 on: January 06, 2018, 01:16:17 AM »

I know it's a couple days late but apparently Trump called Sally Yates the c word. They really need to start banging on her door now.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1319 on: January 06, 2018, 02:11:13 AM »

I know it's a couple days late but apparently Trump called Sally Yates the c word. They really need to start banging on her door now.

Hopefully prepping a Senate run for 2020.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1320 on: January 06, 2018, 11:09:47 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 11:13:58 PM by RFKFan68 »

There's a special election for Senate District 17 on Tuesday. The incumbent resigned to run for Lt. Governor. He won 60-40 in 2016, while Trump won 57-41. I live like 5 minutes outside the district so can't vote in it. Sad

ETA: The Democrat, Phyllis Hatcher is the only D running, while there are three Republicans. I hope they cannibalize the vote enough to get her to 50 percent +1.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1321 on: January 07, 2018, 01:22:20 AM »

There's a special election for Senate District 17 on Tuesday. The incumbent resigned to run for Lt. Governor. He won 60-40 in 2016, while Trump won 57-41. I live like 5 minutes outside the district so can't vote in it. Sad

ETA: The Democrat, Phyllis Hatcher is the only D running, while there are three Republicans. I hope they cannibalize the vote enough to get her to 50 percent +1.

Hopefully she can get to a majority without a runoff. The supermajority fell with the earlier special but every seat as insurance counts. It's ridiculous there was ever a supermajority to begin with but I digress
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1322 on: January 09, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »

State Rep. Rich Gorlick (R) of HD-40 is retiring at the end of this term.  This should be an excellent pickup opportunity for the Democrats.  Clinton got 54% in 2016. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1323 on: January 09, 2018, 03:22:55 PM »

Lean D. The only reason Isaakson won that district in 2016 was because Barksdale was unknown and the Democrats put no effort into his campaign.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1324 on: January 09, 2018, 08:13:03 PM »

Jason Carter should Run for Ag Reed for LG
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to: