Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 310111 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 10, 2017, 05:27:35 AM »

My presidential county-by-county GIF has been updated with 2016 (one slow and one fast)!

The increasing polarization is scary, tbh. Sad
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »

What makes Evans superior to Abrams, in your view?
Abrams is going to run a campaign focused on her demographics and any attempt to criticize her or her policies will be used as an attempt to label her opponent racist/sexist/misogynist and insert any other -ism here. Her and her supporters are already going there with Evans after her Netroots Speech was interrupted with chants of "Support Black Women" and Abrams did nothing to disavow it.

I also believe she will be hurt by the fact that she does not have a husband and children. I personally don't care, but you can bet suburban white women in Cobb and Gwinnett Counties do, as will conservative black voters in Muscogee, Bibb, Richmond, and Chatham. She is also carrying a lot of political baggage from both the left and the right for deals she made in the House as Minority Leader. Evans is just a far more palatable candidate and will not carry the battle scars Abrams will nor do I suspect she will use the historic nature of her candidacy to silence criticism and dissent.

But Black voters aren't looking for a candidate with a family. I have a hard time seeing Abrams get hurt with something like that. Plus, Black voters (particularly in states like Georgia) are really only conservative on a few issues like abortion and same-sex marriage. On other issues they typically lean to the left.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:59:47 PM »

Who is more moderate and reasonable out of Cagle and Kemp?

Cagle is trying to run as the more moderate Republican, Kemp is using a lot of pro-Trump rhetoric to turn-up his rural base but is also more capable and favored by the state's business and agricultural communities (as Adam Griffin mentions above).  I think Kemp has triangulated an almost perform position for the primary, and I expect him to win somewhat handily.

Also, I just realized that Georgia television hilariously provides an almost perfect example of the two different types of Republican voters Cagle and Kemp are trying to appeal to:

[snip]

and

[snip]

Lol.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »

Is turnout among the Dems good relative to the Republicans in Georgia from these obviously very early figures?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 02:22:35 PM »

For the Dem primary, I predict a 65-35 win for Abrams.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »

Is it just me that thinks that Evans internal looks kinda fishy? How does Evans has a 30 point lead among white voters and slightly winning among those under $40,000 while losing to Abrams with black voters by a slightly larger (33) margin and losing $40,000-$100,000 and $100,000+ groups?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »

^^^ At the same precinct, just now, from an old white bubba:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL!

I wish I could laugh, but me being in the classroom doesn’t help. Tongue
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 06:48:47 AM »

Just looking at a few major counties alone, it looks like the non-black minority vote (Asians, Latinos, etc.) definitely chose Abrams over Evans, am I correct?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »

I admittedly don’t know much about this race and haven’t read a lot of this thread but Dems are blowing heir chances by nominating far left candidates in lean red-purple states. Maybe Abrams is good for Hawaii or something but in Georgia, Evans was the right call.

All things being equal I think the moderate is the better choice but especially in this case

If Evans was losing to Abrams in Places like Cobb by 50 points while also losing predominantly white counties like Raburn and Lumpkin by over 40 points then that should tell you a lot. Those were the kinds of counties I expected Evans to have more appeal in. The more moderate candidate doesn’t always mean that they’re the best candidate.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 11:08:49 AM »

Wow... that's worse than I thought. Kemp will be the nominee.

Lol. That “pro-choice” part really got me.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 02:24:21 PM »

Looks to me that both of them are actively trying to allow Abrams to sneak up on either of them.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »

Lol at everything above.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »

When will the likely potential runoff be held?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies