Obama wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:00:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama wins  (Read 5672 times)
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »
« edited: November 07, 2012, 03:11:29 AM by Romney/Ryan Rill Rin Rassachussets! »

Well, this is literally depressing. I don't understand how he won with the economy like it is + his terrible record, but their you go. Even if their was some voter fraud, it's pretty clear that Obama won by a larger margin then any fraud that occurred.

But I do have some consolation. Firstly my Massachusetts prediction wasn't complete bunk- Obama's margin of victory shrank there. Secondly Republicans still hold the House and will be able to block O's agenda. Thirdly the defeat of Romney will mean an actual conservative gets nominated in 2016 rather then a Rockefeller.

God bless you all, and God save America. Amen.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 03:01:30 AM »

Well, this is literally depressing. I don't understand how he won with the economy like it is + his terrible record, but their you go. Even if their was some voter fraud, the margin in places like Colorado or Wisconsin is a bit too large for it to be believable that Romney was the true victor.

But I do have some consolation. Firstly my Massachusetts prediction wasn't complete bunk- Obama's margin of victory shrank there. Secondly Republicans still hold the House and will be able to block O's agenda. Thirdly the defeat of Romney will mean an actual conservative gets nominated in 2016 rather then a Rockefeller.

Oh do go away ...
Rockingham

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:24 AM »

No I will not go away. Being wrong is not a bannable offense.

God bless you all, and God save America.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 03:07:21 AM »

Well, this is literally depressing. I don't understand how he won with the economy like it is + his terrible record, but their you go. Even if their was some voter fraud, the margin in places like Colorado or Wisconsin is a bit too large for it to be believable that Romney was the true victor.

Ignored.

Enjoy your loss.
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 03:10:57 AM »

Very happy with the results.  Obama won and we are on track to win every swing state except NC.  It also looks like we're picking up a seat or two in the Senate, something I wouldn't have guessed a few months ago. 
Warren Griffin
Red Shadow
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:38 AM »

Holy sh**t and I tought these guys like JJ were so serious Grin!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:53 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

:b:

Thanks. I was shocked (see my prediction), by how well Romney did.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »

By "conservative", do you mean someone who believes that getting pregnant from getting raped is a miracle? I think tonight kind of debunked that myth. Tonights Senate returns are almost as bad as the democrats netting a loss in 2006. And you know why? Because of "conservatives"...the kind that apparently Romney wasn't. Luckily, we will never know if Romney was a "conservative" or not..
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 03:22:00 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2012, 03:28:47 AM by kingthlayer »

I couldn't get on this site at all earlier, too much traffic. Now I feel like I'm walking onto the scene of a major battle after it has been fought, and there's nothing but that eerie quiet and odd curiosity over who is left standing.

Is the blue av' brotherhood dead? They certainly have no credibility at this point. All of them are going on ignore, and I won't even be slightly curious to read their posts when they show up, because they have nothing. NOTHING.

Are the red av's still sober? We absolutely deserve a fun night after being crapped on for believing "biased" polls for the past year. Thanks and congratulations to all Democrats who stuck together despite insane levels of opposition to make this victory happen.

Ultimately, thank you to everyone, because tonight represents democracy at its best.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »

Even if their was some voter fraud, it's pretty clear that Obama won by a larger margin then any fraud that occurred.

Voter fraud ?!?! Are you kidding me. Is that what you were hoping for ? For the election to be so close, as to blame it on "voter fraud."

But I do have some consolation. Firstly my Massachusetts prediction wasn't complete bunk- Obama's margin of victory shrank there.

LOL. Obama in 2008 won with approx 62% to McCain 36% in Massachusetts.
With 95% of Massachusetts counted, Obama has 61% and Romney has 37%. Is this what you're jumping-up for joy about ? Wow, you are right .... this state's margin of victory shrank so much, it will surely vote Republican in 2016.

Secondly Republicans still hold the House and will be able to block O's agenda.

Good way to start the next four years. Instead of hoping that both sides will work together and compromise on issues, all you do is talk about how the Republicans in the House will "be able to block O's agenda." Great, very nice.

Thirdly the defeat of Romney will mean an actual conservative gets nominated in 2016 rather then a Rockefeller.

You just dont get it, do you ? A "conservative Republican" will mean that the path to win in the general election will be more difficult than what Romney (Rockefeller) just went through. The election results will be worse ! (Wake up dude).

Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »

Anyone else surprised by low turnout is?  It looks more like 2000 than 2008, or even 2004.

Spoke too soon.  Turnout will end up closer to 2004 than 2000.  Still lower than I thought it would be.

Still happy it's over.
Rockingham

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »

Even if their was some voter fraud, it's pretty clear that Obama won by a larger margin then any fraud that occurred.

Voter fraud ?!?! Are you kidding me. Is that what you were hoping for ? For the election to be so close, as to blame it on "voter fraud."

But I do have some consolation. Firstly my Massachusetts prediction wasn't complete bunk- Obama's margin of victory shrank there.

With 95% of Massachusetts counted, Obama has 61% and Romney has 37%. Is this what you're jumping-up for joy about ? Wow, you are right .... this state's margin of victory shrank so much, it will surely vote Republican in 2016.

Good way to start the next four years. Instead of hoping that both sides will work together and compromise on issues, all you do is talk about how the Republicans in the House will "be able to block O's agenda." Great, very nice.

Thirdly the defeat of Romney will mean an actual conservative gets nominated in 2016 rather then a Rockefeller.

You just dont get it, do you ? A "conservative Republican" will mean that the path to win in the general election will be more difficult than what Romney (Rockefeller) just went through. The election results will be worse ! (Wake up dude).
I was not hoping for a close election, I was hoping for a Romney landslide. As it stands, since Obama has one, I'm sorta glad that it wasn't so close as to further distrust in democracy.

As for the blocking agenda bit, I recall a large number of leftists on this forum proclaiming how they'd be able to block Romney's agenda if he won because the R's wouldn't have 60 senate seats. That's the state of partisan rancour in modern politics, fact.

As to the last, lol. Republicans nominated a moderate this time and the last time and got thrashed on both occassions. 2016 will be a Republican and conservative year.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

I was not hoping for a close election, I was hoping for a Romney landslide. As it stands, since Obama has one, I'm sorta glad that it wasn't so close as to further distrust in democracy.

As for the blocking agenda bit, I recall a large number of leftists on this forum proclaiming how they'd be able to block Romney's agenda if he won because the R's wouldn't have 60 senate seats. That's the state of partisan rancour in modern politics, fact.

As to the last, lol. Republicans nominated a moderate this time and the last time and got thrashed on both occassions. 2016 will be a Republican and conservative year.

And it will another landslide for the Democrats.

Times up, either your party enters the 21st century or they go the way of the whigs.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

I have to agree with people here giving props to Nate Silver. That dude flat out NAILED this sucker, and his late flip of FL was right on. His margins of victory were generally spot on too, save a couple examples. And the people I was rooting against in the Senate lost too!

Like the Democrats of the 1980s did, today's GOP has to moderate, or we'll be enjoying more election nights like that one. Smiley
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »

I was a Jill Stein voter, but I'm so proud and happy that President Obama won.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2012, 05:09:22 PM by Californian Tony »

Once again... We did it!!! Cheesy
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »

Obama still won more than 60% in Massachusetts.

Also, Alaska, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey and Rhode Island are now more Democratic than before. I know some states will always swing the opposite way, but I was a bit surprised with these states. And no Arizona.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »

Congrats to the Obama supporters. You guys won fair and square. I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he does well.

Hopefully our party will learn a lesson from this. The GOP ruined this for themselves by catering to the far right and pure obstructionism. We need to become a party of good government again.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »

Best thing was JJ and BenKenobi not calling Ohio for Obama after FOX News called it, just because Romney was leading by 10,000.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 05:48:54 PM »

Congrats to the Obama supporters. You guys won fair and square. I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he does well.

Hopefully our party will learn a lesson from this. The GOP ruined this for themselves by catering to the far right and pure obstructionism. We need to become a party of good government again.

This.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies