Campbell County KY really does need to split in two! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:13:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Campbell County KY really does need to split in two! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campbell County KY really does need to split in two!  (Read 1160 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« on: November 10, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »

Check out this map of my county...

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/KY/Campbell/43127/107594/en/md.html?cid=3

Most of the people are in the blue areas, even though the red areas are larger geographically.

You can probably guess which part I'm in.

Is a polarized electorate like this sustainable without some serious redrawing of the county lines?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »

I think there's a law that all counties in Kentucky have to be a minimum of 400 square miles (those created prior to 1891 are grandfathered in), which would make the split you proposed impossible, especially as Campbell County is only 152 square miles itself. (again, Campbell, like every other existing county in the state aside from McCreary County, is exempt as it was created prior to 1891)

Someone said this law doesn't apply to Campbell because it has 2 county seats. But if it does, maybe the law should be changed. Or Kentucky should have independent cities.

The blue areas are tired of paying all their taxes to be gobbled up by the red areas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies