How to get the popular vote by percentage, either high first or low first
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:43:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  Talk Elections Q & A
  How To (Moderator: Virginiá)
  How to get the popular vote by percentage, either high first or low first
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to get the popular vote by percentage, either high first or low first  (Read 2628 times)
hopiakuta

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

Does any website have popular vote by percentage, either high first or low first; also, electoral total, as percent, either high first or low first?

DonFphrnqTaub Persina

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/index.html
hopiakuta

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »

http : // uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/index.html

There is nothing in that chart that resembles what I have described, that I am smart enough to locate.

I got this from hitting quote: « Sorry, you have not had a minimum of 20 posts in order to include links. »  Some of the worst software ever.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »

If you go to the table of results, it's sortable by any column, including percentage of the vote.
hopiakuta

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »

If you go to the table of results, it's sortable by any column, including percentage of the vote.

I do not see it; the following has some of what I am looking for, including 1916.  It has no chart, so it does not have first to last, nor last to first. It does not completely contrast popular to electoral.  Nothing solid of the nineteenth century:

< http : // slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history/2012/11/how_close_was_this_election_very_close.html >.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »

I find your rhetoric quite insulting to this website. Mr. Leip and his associates have gathered data from every presidential election in the history of this great nation. Right here, for example, is an election--1884 to be specific--from the 19th Century. The electoral and popular vote totals are listed in order from first to last, including percentages. How is it that hard to understand?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »

For each year's results there is a link labelled "Popular Vote State-Level Data (Table)".  That will get you to a sortable table of results.  Anyway, moving this thread to the "How To" board, since that is what this thread is about.
hopiakuta

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »

Although this does not answer my question, I have now heard the four most essential crucial words, on television, regarding fifty percent, twice:

Presidents: Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Reagan, & Obama. Especially since 1900. That truly does settle the most important element of the matter; although, I do wish that I could locate the charts that say so. The most important portion of the matter is settled; by this measure, fifty percent is a landslide.

You have, as well, deleted one of my comments without a clear explanation.

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »

I think I understand you now.  I was thinking you wanted the PV by state within a particular election, but you wanted the national PV by election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_popular_vote_margin

Enjoy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies