Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:08:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread  (Read 85509 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: November 03, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »

The attendance was horrendous. This probably costs Wolf a point or two.
are you serious? I could barely get a seat and the line stretched for blocks behind me. I think the back two sections upper deck didn't get filled, but everything else seemed to be.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1026 on: November 03, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »

are you serious? I could barely get a seat and the line stretched for blocks behind me. I think the back two sections upper deck didn't get filled, but everything else seemed to be.

Dude, it wasn't a big crowd consisting the arena. He obviously wasn't going to fill the house but it also wasn't a gigantic attendance. Even the middle level wasn't entirely filled, if I saw correctly.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1027 on: November 03, 2014, 05:47:39 PM »

Dude, it wasn't a big crowd consisting the arena. He obviously wasn't going to fill the house but it also wasn't a gigantic attendance. Even the middle level wasn't entirely filled, if I saw correctly.

Had to be close to 4500 - maybe a tad under. They packed us in - no seat skipping in the 2nd tier. Hillary was barely 1000 if that (on a Thursday vs. a Sunday, but still). I guess arena considerations have to be made too, but you would think they give Hillary a bigger spot than she had.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1028 on: November 03, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »

Of course they had to pack you in. They already had a giant curtain up covering a good deal of the arena. Tongue

Look, it doesn't particularly matter either way.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1029 on: November 03, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »

Only 24 hours until One Term Tom is aborted!

Do you guys think they'll call it as soon as the polls close, or will they wait an hour or so first like they did for Obama and Casey?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1030 on: November 03, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »

Do you guys think they'll call it as soon as the polls close, or will they wait an hour or so first like they did for Obama and Casey?

They'll probably wait an hour.
KCDem

« Reply #1031 on: November 03, 2014, 06:34:32 PM »

Only 24 hours until One Term Tom is aborted!

It's the media, of course they'll wait and hold out hope for their Darling Tom.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1032 on: November 03, 2014, 08:10:06 PM »

I think they'll wait an hour or hour and a half to call it to at least make sure that Wolf has enough of a lead where he's supposed to have it that it's insurmountable, and also out of respect for the position of the incumbent. Then they'll call it.

I'll be voting tomorrow morning sometime before 8:00 a.m., probably about 7:30 or so. At worst Wolf is ahead in high single digits and at best around 18, so I'll say 57-43 or 58-42 sounds about right to me.

I've received a number of calls from the Wolf folks; I got a "robo call" (I think that's what they're called) from Clinton today. GOPers I know have not been called a single time by the Corbett folks. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1033 on: November 03, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »

Did they call the race for Casey immediately in 2006? Or did they wait for returns to come in?

Unless it takes an hour and a half for the first results to be counted in PA, I doubt they'll wait that long. If they don't call it immediately, they'll say it's "too early to call"; once they have a few percent in that should be enough to confirm the exit poll and they'll call it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1034 on: November 03, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »

They called it immediately for Casey. They usually have a damn good idea right before 8 as to how many people turned out in Philly. If the Dems hit their quota, they usually call the race but the key word there is usually: I believe they hit their quota in 2010 but the beautiful wave across the rest of the state swept Toomey in. Smiley

The issue tomorrow is concern with turnout in Philly. There isn't much of a Wolf operation, he's refusing to give out the legendary street money for Dem workers and there's too much of a feeling that Wolf has it in the bag (ever wonder why he brought in the President, FLOTUS, Hillary, Bill?). Now I, for one, think Corbett is too passionately hated here for their turnout not to hit the mark but for argument's sake, if it doesn't, they'll hold off a bit on making a declaration. I'd be floored if it isn't called by 9. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1035 on: November 03, 2014, 11:44:37 PM »

I think they'll wait an hour or hour and a half to call it to at least make sure that Wolf has enough of a lead where he's supposed to have it that it's insurmountable, and also out of respect for the position of the incumbent. Then they'll call it.

They didn't seem to care about "respect for the incumbent" here.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1036 on: November 04, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2014, 09:29:39 PM by angus »

I don't like it.  POTUS is good, for obvious reasons, but FLOTUS sounds Latin for the bits of fecal matter swirling about the bowl after a low-flow toilet has been flushed by an overweight vegan after a huge meal.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1037 on: November 04, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »

Just to show you this isn't some PA Dem wave: the GOP have added a whopping eight seats to our majority in the State House. We are going to have a 119-84 lead! And we kept the Senate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1038 on: November 04, 2014, 11:15:05 PM »

Just to show you this isn't some PA Dem wave: the GOP have added a whopping eight seats to our majority in the State House. We are going to have a 119-84 lead! And we kept the Senate.

Where are you getting the legislative results?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1039 on: November 04, 2014, 11:16:40 PM »

Where are you getting the legislative results?

The Department of State Wink

And we picked up at least one Senate seat.

I hope you're watching, Mr. Wolf (who is only up by 10% now)!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1040 on: November 05, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »

Maybe Corbett was preparing for a recount to see whether he'd lose by double digits or not? Tongue

It's 54.9-45.1 right now, so Wolf will definitely end up beating Corbett's 9.0% margin in 2010. But according to the NYT, the remaining precincts are mostly Philly/Delco, so could Wolf slip into a "real" (non rounded) double digit lead? The suspense is killing me!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1041 on: November 05, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »

Wolf's victory is unquestionably a hollow one. Those GOP gains in the legislature are amazing. 119 (!) total seats in the House now. Two pickups in the Senate while defending all of our seats. Wolf is going to have four very long years.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1042 on: November 05, 2014, 06:53:25 AM »

Wolf's victory is unquestionably a hollow one. Those GOP gains in the legislature are amazing. 119 (!) total seats in the House now. Two pickups in the Senate while defending all of our seats. Wolf is going to have four very long years.

His margin was way lower than I expected to be. Do you think Corbett would give 2018 a try?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1043 on: November 05, 2014, 07:04:56 AM »

His margin was way lower than I expected to be. Do you think Corbett would give 2018 a try?

...uh, absolutely not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1044 on: November 05, 2014, 07:20:30 AM »

Wait, wait. Sorry. GOP picked up three State Senate seats, currently at 30.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1045 on: November 05, 2014, 08:19:21 AM »

I want to say what's wrong with you, but instead, I'll just say... why?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1046 on: November 05, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »

Congrats Phil.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1047 on: November 05, 2014, 10:11:15 AM »

I was incredibly tired when I made that comment. I apologize.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1048 on: November 05, 2014, 10:15:08 AM »

It's fine. We all were. Cheesy
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1049 on: November 05, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »

It's fine. We all were. Cheesy

I'd like to see him running again. But no, Corbett will retire, he's 65 years old.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies