The Pacific Council- 1st Session :)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:06:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Pacific Council- 1st Session :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Pacific Council- 1st Session :)  (Read 3097 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2012, 02:06:48 AM by Governor Spamage »

STATE OF THE REGION-

Today represents one of the most important days in the Pacific's history. For the 1st time in many months we will once again be an active thriving region. With the election of the 4 Councillors we start a new era. One of prosperity and glory for us and ultimately all of Atlasia.

When Wolfentoad first proposed the Council Amendment I was a little reluctant at 1st. But, after reading it carefully in comparison to my previous amendment I decided it was a must have. I failed to garner support for my amendment and because of that no one ran but Wolfentoad persisted and his brainchild was supported unanimously, although I realize now that a few changes were necessary the Amendment was ultimately successful, within days of me declaring a special election people declared and there was the perfect amount of candidates for the open seats. It was then I realized our future would now be secure. Elected legislatures lead regions to greatness and it certainly looks like we're on the path to that.

Although unemployment remains high and little has been passed in the recent months we can pick ourselves up. By working together we WILL pick ourselves up. I know each councillor will uphold their duty and will preform tasks necessary and vital to our region. Our living conditions are now going to improve, already I have several bills written on protecting and renewing our environment with others on improving our infrastructure.

We have the highest unemployment in the nation but with all of us working together we will work to have the lowest in Atlasia. Our region is hurting and together the council and I will fix it. Our region's future is starting today and I intend to be a part of it.

Councillors please elect your speaker!!!! Smiley
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:00:33 PM »

Incredible speech, Governor. As no Councillor-elect has sworn in (Angry), I would like to personally recommend the nomination of Fuzzybigfoot, when he gets sworn in. I hope other Councillors agree with me and decide he would be best for the job! Cheesy

I second the nomination of Fuzzybigfoot as speaker. I also plan to propose a bill that will help the consumer spend and create demand so the businesses hire more while also giving a tax credit to other businesses that are looking to expand so they can expand in the Pacific.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:09 PM »

Incredible speech, Governor. As no Councillor-elect has sworn in (Angry), I would like to personally recommend the nomination of Fuzzybigfoot, when he gets sworn in. I hope other Councillors agree with me and decide he would be best for the job! Cheesy

I second the nomination of Fuzzybigfoot as speaker. I also plan to propose a bill that will help the consumer spend and create demand so the businesses hire more while also giving a tax credit to other businesses that are looking to expand so they can expand in the Pacific.

Fantastic proposal, Mr. Councillor. JFK Democrat, Fuzzy, LibJunkie? Get over here RIGHT NOW!!! Angry

I too support Fuzzybigfoot (not like I have much of an influence i voting here anyways Smiley )
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have the first bill ready for debate and amending as soon as everyone is sworn in.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »

3 down. The designated(?) speaker left to go.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:31 AM »

Hi guys, checking in!

And first off, I would like to thank Wolf and Gonzalez for the nomination, and I shall accept (or third it)!  Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 01:41:53 AM »

And I'm not sure if this is a bit too early, but I support NVG's bill.  Smiley
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »

I think everyone is sworn in so we can get a good vote ASAP Smiley
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »

[X]Fuzzybigfoot (Labor-WA)

[] write-in (specify candidate)
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »

LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »

Alright, I've opened up a thread on our first bill.  Let's go!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2012, 07:59:18 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

I like that idea.  Even if we create a district with zero population, it's likely that Atlasians would move there simply to have a chance at holding office (this is something I would be for, since I've always been annoyed by the lack of activity there).  However, I would suggest creating another district, or allow for there to be an at-large seat, since 3 seats would be a bit lacking.

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »

I like that idea.  Even if we create a district with zero population, it's likely that Atlasians would move there simply to have a chance at holding office (this is something I would be for, since I've always been annoyed by the lack of activity there).  However, I would suggest creating another district, or allow for there to be an at-large seat, since 3 seats would be a bit lacking.

I kind of want no at-large seats, because all regional Legislatures have that. I want only 3 seats, to make it less powerful in whole, but more powerful for each officeholder, like the RL U.S. Senate.

Hmm, how about we compromise; no at-large seats, but 4 regulars.  3 people still seems to be a bit low.  For example, if two councilors had opposing viewpoints on an issue, that would basically give all the power to the third member, which I think is a bit sleazy.  Plus it would basically void most of the governor's veto powers, since all passed legislation would get 2/3+ in favor.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »

Governor, we have a new bill for you to sign or veto:

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »

Governor Spamage
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »

Pardon my interruption everyone, but I just wanted to inform all that, given the change in power and the amount of time passed, I am giving an additional 48 hours to all regions to formally request a portion of the $8 billion from the Transportation Infrastructure Investment Act for the "repair, expansion, or construction of rapid bus lines in metropolitan areas", or to modify the request which was made of the former SoIA. Should you all wish to make any request or modification, please let me know in my Official Department Office.

Furthermore, in order to grant a regional university to the Pacific region, I need an official request of location from the regional government. Either I have missed your previous request (which is quite possible) or you have yet to make one. Either way, when a decision is reached (keeping in mind that it is to be in a place of economic struggle that would benefit from such a project), please let me know in the same official office. Thank you!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2012, 10:16:17 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

New bill:

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 12:06:42 AM »

We need to choose a location for our national university or  should I suggest it alone?
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »

We need to choose a location for our national university or  should I suggest it alone?

I suggest somewhere with easy access.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »

I suggest somewhere with easy access.

I'd assume that would include the coast due to both our name and Alaska as well as Hawaii so it'd probably best be something like Seattle, Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco or if we wanted to be unique Honolulu
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 12:51:27 AM »

I'm just popping in to say that I would have to certainly be convinced to approve the building of the University in Honolulu; it's quite a distance from the a great majority of the Pacific population, making it more difficult than I would wish for students to get there and return home. I would approve just about anything else, though.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »

Very good; give your fellow Councillors a few hours, and then please have one of you (it doesn't matter to me) formally request it in my Fantasy Government office, for the sake of archive. Thanks for the swift response!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »

Reno is fine with me as well. 
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 02:21:26 AM »

I would be very honored to have my hometown Reno be the central place.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies