Mitt Romney is a sore loser, still a firm believer in his 47% comments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:26:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney is a sore loser, still a firm believer in his 47% comments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney is a sore loser, still a firm believer in his 47% comments  (Read 11209 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

You're wearing 'fair and balanced' blinders.

I do not watch Fox News.

It seemed more as if Xiivi was referring to the "blinders" put on by the MSM by assuming there are two equally valid sides to any issue and not realizing that in some cases (eg this one) there is clearly a right side and a wrong side.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »

Read what he says.

Young people get to stay on health-care until 26 years old. Hispanics get comprehensive immigration reform, aka amnesty. College women get free birth-control. Both Blacks and Hispanics are attracted to Obama-Care because it brings them closer to free health-care.

I have no problem with what Romney says. In fact, I agree with him. Many will criticize Romney to sound politically correct, but he tells the truth here.

So what he's saying is that Obama finally made changes that should've been made fifty years ago? Sounds OK to me.
Stirring Wolf🥣🐺
Xiivi
Rookie
France

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »

You're wearing 'fair and balanced' blinders.

I do not watch Fox News.

It seemed more as if Xiivi was referring to the "blinders" put on by the MSM by assuming there are two equally valid sides to any issue and not realizing that in some cases (eg this one) there is clearly a right side and a wrong side.

Yep, that's exactly it.  I didn't meant Fox News specifically since 'fair and balanced' has pretty much plagued the media in general.
Link
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »

Even as a Democrat I will say there is so much more to Mitt Romney then you people think. You are wearing partisan blinders when viewing history and it's unfortunate. I voted for Obama but I respect the positions Romney was in. He was trying to avenge his fathers legacy and this loss must be hard for him.

Stop being bitches about it. All of you.

Hey African Americans have been eating sh-t for centuries.  There is no requirement for them to be a punching bag because some rich white f-ck failed avenge his rich father's quest for power.  If that's why he's being a racist prick then that's even more petty and pathetic.  It will be a cold day in hell when I weep because someone with $200 million, a great family, and his healthy failed to accumulate more power.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »

Even as a Democrat I will say there is so much more to Mitt Romney then you people think. You are wearing partisan blinders when viewing history and it's unfortunate. I voted for Obama but I respect the positions Romney was in. He was trying to avenge his fathers legacy and this loss must be hard for him.

Stop being bitches about it. All of you.

It seems to me that in defeat, it has become obvious that there was even less to Romney than his campaign pretended during the election.

His canceling of his campaign credits cards in the middle of the night following his speech was simply petty. His campaign was about nothing but getting Mitt Romney elected president, and was rolled up the moment it couldn't do that. (Perhaps I am wrong here, but it's my understanding that most presidential campaigns stay active for some time to gracefully wrap up operations, assuming they don't transition into a PAC or similar group.) He was so wrapped up in his own little universe he couldn't even be bothered to have a staffer write a concession speech, just in case. His last minute moves in the campaign turned out to be showboating, based on the assumption that he'd already won. He and his brain-trust were so disconnected from reality that they were shocked by their loss. Romney's grand plan to get out the vote, Project ORCA, was a complete clusterfail.

I am glad he did not win, not because I disagree with his politics, but because it appears that he was not competent to be president in any way, shape, or form.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »

Ezra Klein has a good take on this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/11/15/from-the-47-to-gifts-mitt-romneys-ugly-vision-of-politics/
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »

He does a good impression of Jacques Perizeau.

"It is true that we were beaten, but in the end, by what? By money and ethnic votes, essentially."

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Didn't I say that before? Choosing Romney in the primaries because he could help downballot races is like choosing Oprah for diet advice.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »

"It is true that we were beaten, but in the end, by what? By money and ethnic votes, essentially."

Now that you mention it, the import of the statement actually is remarkably similar.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »

Now that you mention it, the import of the statement actually is remarkably similar.

Hah, that's actually true.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 04:49:10 PM »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 04:55:43 PM »

What everyone else said. Get off the stage, and good riddance.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »

I don't always agree with Ezra Klein (see above), but he makes a good point here. Even more salient is his noting the following:

"During the campaign, Mitt Romney repeatedly promised seniors that he’d restore President Obama’s $716 billion in Medicare cuts. He promised them that, unlike Obama, he wouldn’t permit a single change to Medicare or Social Security for 10 years. He promised them, in other words, political immunity. While the rest of the country was trying to pay down the deficit and prioritize spending, they’d be safe.

He also promised the rich that they’d see a lower overall tax rate, and while he did say he would try to pay for some of those tax cuts by closing loopholes and deductions, he also said he expected faster growth would pay for those cuts — which means he really was promising tax cuts to the rich at a time when he said deficit reduction should be a top priority. Oh, and let’s not forget his oft-stated intention to roll back the Dodd-Frank financial reforms and replace them with…something.

Keep all that in mind when you hear Romney blaming his loss on “the gifts” that Obama reportedly handed out to “the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people.” Romney was free with the gifts, too, and his promises to seniors and to the rich carried a far higher price tag than any policies Obama promised minorities or the young. "
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »

The irony here is that Romney, a self-avowed "maker," acquired much of his wealth by "taking" -- disassembling corporate entities and firing workers for the sake of a quick buck. How that's adding anything positive to the economy is beyond me.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 12:50:37 AM »

If you have to call yourself one of the makers then it's not true.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »

Is this one of those statements in politics that everyone knows is true but you just aren't allowed to say? Of course a lot of people vote for whichever candidate would financially benefit them, as Badger pointed out with seniors voting for Romney. Of course there is some other element of ideology to it; ie. some of us place a higher value on other issues than our own personal bottom line (or are unsure exactly how our own bottom line would be affected). But to a large degree voting is an economic transaction. What is so terribly shocking here?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 08:49:54 PM »

And we're supposed to feel sorry for his loss. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »