Is George W. Bush an idiot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:39:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is George W. Bush an idiot?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It's your choose
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Is George W. Bush an idiot?  (Read 2368 times)
qwerty
maineman5
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2005, 11:01:41 PM »

It's an annonomus vote, so please be HONEST!
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 11:26:08 PM »

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's not an idiot.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 11:39:52 PM »

See John Dibble's quote.

Bush's presentation of himself conveys the impressoin that he's a lot stupider than he really is.  You can't jump from being a failed business owner to being President of the United States four years later without at least some sort of intelligence.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 11:41:23 PM »

See John Dibble's quote.

Bush's presentation of himself conveys the impressoin that he's a lot stupider than he really is.  You can't jump from being a failed business owner to being President of the United States four years later without at least some sort of intelligence.

I'm not saying he's an idiot, but it can't hurt to be the son of the President when rising in politics, can it?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 11:46:30 PM »

See John Dibble's quote.

I'm not saying he's an idiot, but it can't hurt to be the son of the President when rising in politics, can it?

Of course it can't hurt - connections and name recognition are big assets when trying to get elected. Getting elected the first time, or even running at all, would have been much more difficult for him without that.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 11:47:59 PM »

He's smart enough to be elected President twice. His opponents would gladly win elections instead of just insulting him, but unfortunately he has made them settle for just the insults.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:49:30 PM »

He's smart enough to be elected President twice. His opponents would gladly win elections instead of just insulting him, but unfortunately he has made them settle for just the insults.

blah blah blah blah
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 11:49:44 PM »

I won't dispute that that certainly was likely to be a factor, but his father was shot down when he went for re-election while the current Bush succeeded, so he must be doing something right.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 11:50:59 PM »

I won't dispute that that certainly was likely to be a factor, but his father was shot down when he went for re-election while the current Bush succeeded, so he must be doing something right.

John Kerry is no Bill Clinton. Bush I did not run a very good campaign. Bush's staff did a great job, he was the centerpiece of a well-executed strategy.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 11:52:47 PM »

See John Dibble's quote.

Of course it can't hurt - connections and name recognition are big assets when trying to get elected. Getting elected the first time, or even running at all, would have been much more difficult for him without that.

That's one of the things I liked about Kerry, he may have been a Boston aristocrat, but he created that lifestyle through hard work, from fighting a war to protesting it to fighting crime, using that as a leap into politics.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 11:56:59 PM »

See John Dibble's quote.

That's one of the things I liked about Kerry, he may have been a Boston aristocrat, but he created that lifestyle through hard work, from fighting a war to protesting it to fighting crime, using that as a leap into politics.

Actually, Kerry is among the best marriers in the world. First wife worth $400 million, second wife at a cool billion. That and his family connections was a nice combo.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 11:57:44 PM »

See John Dibble's quote.

Actually, Kerry is among the best marriers in the world. First wife worth $400 million, second wife at a cool billion. That and his family connections was a nice combo.

He got himself to the position of Senator.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 12:26:11 AM »

A true idiot couldn't become president, despite what some cynics may claim.

He has problems with words and whatnot, but that doesn't make him stupid.  I know someone who is almost a genius and he stumbles all the time.

Nothing Bush has done has struck me as impressive, so I'll say he's average.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 12:53:45 AM »

He Karl Rove's smart enough to be elected President twice. His opponents would gladly win elections instead of just insulting him, but unfortunately he has made them settle for just the insults.

oh and I voted yes.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 12:59:45 AM »

Bush hired Rove, not vice versa.

Kerry hired Shrum.

Take your pick who has better judgement.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 01:03:04 AM »

no i do not.  people make fun of him for his speaking disfluencies, and i find that distracting from the issues that really matter, not to mention insensitive for those like myself who happen to stutter.   i would rather focus on how he performs in office rather than on how he speaks -this goes for both sides.  i hate and despise Bush as much as any progressive, but i will not make light of his disfluencies, especially with regard to my own. 
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 08:04:13 AM »

No I don't think he's an idiot but he's not exactly the sharpest chisel on the work bench. I don't rate him very highly as president though. There have been some worse but more better

Still, I'll reserve final judgement until 2009

Dave

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 08:25:32 AM »

I thought NixonNow was talking about George W. Bush the forum poster. Roll Eyes
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 03:41:21 PM »

Bring back the creepy black guy in your sig!
H. Ross Perot
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »

He might be the dumbest President in recent History, but still not an Idiot.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2005, 03:51:46 PM »

I had a black guy in my sig?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2005, 03:54:06 PM »

I remembered that you did. He was holding a rifle aloft. Whatever his race, bring him back.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 04:37:27 PM »

I remembered that you did. He was holding a rifle aloft. Whatever his race, bring him back.
LOL, ok but may I know why?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 04:51:20 PM »

no i do not.  people make fun of him for his speaking disfluencies, and i find that distracting from the issues that really matter, not to mention insensitive for those like myself who happen to stutter.   i would rather focus on how he performs in office rather than on how he speaks -this goes for both sides.  i hate and despise Bush as much as any progressive, but i will not make light of his disfluencies, especially with regard to my own. 

Same here. It's kind of distressing to think about, because there are so many things you can't do, like run for any real office where you have to make speech after speech Sad
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005, 04:53:50 PM »

LOL, ok but may I know why?

Ahh, that's much better. That guy actually makes your point instantaneously.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies