Vote counting update thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:08:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vote counting update thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote counting update thread  (Read 44082 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 30, 2012, 04:40:58 AM »

Which counties have flipped from Election Night?

Riverside, CA
Latah, ID

any others...
Latah hasn't flipped from election night, though maybe it flipped to R with absentees and flipped back with provisionals?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

Yeah, mail delivery is an issue here.

The other bigger one is all those provisional ballots that need to be checked and triplechecked - which exist only because the departments keeping voter lists are amateurishly run ad underfunded. The vast majority of these votes would have been counted on election day otherwise.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

Don't they believe in due process any more?

Never have.

New York amended its certificate months later last time round too, on account of finding more postal ballots. I kid you not. So this sort of thing must be legally possible in NY.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »

Does anybody have the final results for Massachusetts by county? Even the state elections website only has the statewide total. The Atlas numbers are outdated (though the state total is correct). I totally cannot find them.

Also, is there any other state where any of you know the Atlas county data to be incorrect?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »

County data still missing 40k votes compared to the state total (which is the final numbers).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

County data still missing 40k votes compared to the state total (which is the final numbers).

Final-final or final-excluding a few write-ins that Dave will add later? Tongue
No idea. Certainly final tallies for people who actually were candidates, though. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:26 AM »

Huh. Do you know what states the discrepancies are in? Certified statewide totals should be very easy to find, for all states...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »

Bingo! So the culprit's name is... Wisconsin. There, Romney gets exactly 3000 votes less according to Dave (1,407,966, while Wasserman has 1,410,966). And going to the election info page... Dave seems to be right. However, I'm still wondering where Wasserman saw these 3000 Romney votes. The roundness of the number makes it seem like a typo, but that's a pretty weird typo to do.
I think I can clear that one up. Because I found that error in Dave's county data when I updated the swing map - misstating Waupaca County's Republican votes by 3k (17whatever instead of 14whatever - an error that could have happened through machinereading a handwritten document or one in an unknown font). This seems have been a typo that the state included in its certificated and then quickly corrected - note that the official report on the state website is described as "amended". Dave's statewide figures, though, was always correct - either he used the amended one for that and the (now unavailable) original for the counties, or the state total always was correct but Wasserman constructs his state tallies from the county data.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies