Vote counting update thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:10:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vote counting update thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote counting update thread  (Read 44113 times)
timothyinMD

« on: November 30, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »

New vote dump in some California counties. Notably, Santa Clara County (San Jose) has now cleared 70% for Obama, while Stanislaus County (Modesto) has cleared 50%. Additionally, Stanislaus, San Joaquin (Stockton) and Merced Counties have now swung to Obama--that's a sign of really dramatic change in that part of California. Los Angeles County and Kern County (Bakersfield) have now also swung to Obama. Not sure if San Francisco County had swung towards Obama before, but it has now.

That's very impressive. I'd have figured that Obama maxed out the Bay Area vote in 2008 (short of a national landslide or Huckabee-type socon). San Francisco swinging even more Democratic is pretty surprising. It looks Romney really collapsed among Asians in California, which might have had something to do with the swings there (i.e. SF, Alameda, and Santa Clara). The other counties are probably related to the Hispanic vote, but the exit polls didn't pick that up. I wonder if there's enough left in LA to push Obama above 70% there.

No.  He's not at 70% now, and LA county website's stats don't yet include write-ins.  Once included all percentages will drop. 

timothyinMD

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »

Kansas has now certified its results, which is noteworthy because Romney actually did not get above 60% (final result 59.7-37.9). That gives me an extra point for my prediction. Smiley

Link?
timothyinMD

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »

This is truly beyond pathetic. Not even a Fourth-World country would still be counting votes.

Well thanks to all the vote-by-mail, encouraged mostly by Democrats, it takes forever.  If 90% of voters did so on Election Day at their precinct, we'd be done
timothyinMD

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »

I'm currently at:

O: 65,435,746 50.93 (-4,063,682)
R: 60,764,885 47.29 (+814,562)

My calculation has as many write in votes included as I could find

All but NE, WV, TN, TX, PA, CO, NM, NJ, NY, CA being official
timothyinMD

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »

This is truly beyond pathetic. Not even a Fourth-World country would still be counting votes.

Well thanks to all the vote-by-mail, encouraged mostly by Democrats, it takes forever.  If 90% of voters did so on Election Day at their precinct, we'd be done

Washington's turnout was 81%; the highest in the county.

'Shame on the Democrats for encouraging that Tongue

High turnout is not a good thing if a bunch of ignorant and uninformed people are voting.  I'd rather there be just 30% turnout if the 30% are very informed and engaged on the issues.

Also, it was you guys who were bitching about the vote counting taking forever, not me.  I was telling you why, and my comment was a correct explanation
timothyinMD

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »

Dave has no write-in votes in the totals for Washington state, WV and Missouri.
Ohio, Utah and PA write in totals are incomplete.  Some counties don't have them listed yet.

Some California counties' vote totals declined slightly from what I had off the county clerks' websites, perhaps indicating that some write in ballots were dropped from the count before certification
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies