Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 283665 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: May 23, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »

The $10 billion investment is still the same but...:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So this reduces the local jobs effect, which arguably already wasn't worth the huge investment from Wisconsin.

Companies from abroad must love America for "investment." There are so many morally bankrupt politicians desperate to cling to power that they'll plow however much taxpayer money into subsidies and cash bribes to get JOBS JOBS JOBS, regardless of how useful/feasible the whole scheme is, or how much more efficient it would have been to just put the taxpayer money into more direct investments. And to sweeten the pot, American voters are so stupidly partisan that they'll rarely ever get rid of these worthless morons who make these deals in all but the worst situations, so these investments are safe Smile!

At some point society needs to adjust the way we teach our economic system to children to factor in the politicians that funnel massive million/billion dollar bribes to corporations to generate mediocre jobs that pay less than what the public investment cost. It's become a major component of our broken system.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1951 on: May 23, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »

Can Mitchell appeal to the WOW area of Wisconsin, you know the area where there is a lot of racial tensions from Milwaukee?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1952 on: May 23, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »

Soglin is a no go. He strikes me as a potential power hungry tyrant in the mold of Hugo Chavez. The homeless thing really made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Mitchell definitely has my vote.

I mean Soglin is horrible for a variety of reasons but comparing him to Hugo Freaking Chavez seems a stretch.
Okay I shouldnt have compared him to Chavez but what I meant is that I think he's blowing smoke and mirrors. 
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1953 on: May 23, 2018, 02:29:05 PM »

Soglin is a no go. He strikes me as a potential power hungry tyrant in the mold of Hugo Chavez. The homeless thing really made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Mitchell definitely has my vote.

I mean Soglin is horrible for a variety of reasons but comparing him to Hugo Freaking Chavez seems a stretch.
Okay I shouldnt have compared him to Chavez but what I meant is that I think he's blowing smoke and mirrors. 

I don’t disagree.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1954 on: September 25, 2018, 11:35:34 PM »

Since this went way over 2k, the last 20 pages has been merged with a newer megathread and this one is now locked.

New thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=302354.0
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies