So What Happened In The Booth?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:39:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  So What Happened In The Booth?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So What Happened In The Booth?  (Read 989 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »

The GOP were desperate to make this election a referendum on Barack Obama's policies. Chicago wanted it to be a choice. On Election Day, majorities Dissaprove of Obama's economic stewardship and believed Romney was better for the economy. But Obama's approval was above 50 and more people than ever in the last 4 years said we were on the right track. So question....

Did Obama defeat Romney because he was more like able, or did he win the referendum on the economy?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »

After the last two debates, it became about who was better suited to be an executive and Obama won on that front hands down. Romney's foreign policy debate performance had him co-opting most of Obama's policy and appearing to be out his league on the subject.

I'm not sure many would agree, but I contend that the foreign policy debate is what sealed it for Obama, he looked presidential and Romney did not.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »

I agree with Invisible, Romney may have edged Obama in general economy (although the numbers were close enough to say that a tie is more appropriate), but Obama won by appearing in nearly every way like more of an executive than Romney; many people believed that even though they didn't agree with Obama on every single issue, he would think things through more clearly, give more honest answers, and fight for them with the confidence of the "Leader of the Free World". And that, a difference makes.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »

My booth was really uncomfortable, because for some reason I chose the shortest one, so I was bending over for a while, then after a minute I just squatted to finish voting. That's what happened in my booth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies