He's Back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:35:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  He's Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: He's Back  (Read 8661 times)
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »

Those are some top-notch arguments you've got there, Mr Rockingham.
Sigh. I'll try one more time:

SERIOUSLY BRUZ!?

Or do I need to state outright that I'm parodying the lunatics who've taken over a good chunk of the USA?

"Romney/Ryan Rill Rin Rassachussets!" signing out.

Well, how is one supposed to know over the Internet? Assuming you don't, in fact, believe what you were saying.....there are so many people who do.

And people like that don't particularly surprise me on an American political forum.
The INCREDIBLY subtle hint was in my name: "Romney/Ryan Rill Rin Rassachusetts!" Dear me, but I did think people would have picked it up as soon as I adopted that handle.

Except that, y'know, some people actually believed that.
JESUSCHRISTBUGGEREDBYABEAR!!! I should've cited that link as a source on one of my election threads.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »

pics or it didnt happen
Rockingham

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »

Heh. You could probably find a "bear" of sorts doing that to a "Jesus". But I don't think this forum tolerates such links Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 01:13:43 PM »

It's certainly plausible. Does anyone really think that these areas went 100% for Obama? If you look at the exit polls, you see actual self-identified liberals who voted for Romney and conservatives who voted for Obama. And yet these areas are 100% unified?

Even if it's not literal fraud, it's defacto fraud. Because the only explanation for such overwhelming homogeneity in the vote, other then fraud, is tribal bloc voting that is fundamentally at odds with democracy.

"Tribal" politics, huh? How subtle.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »

OK, "Rockingham", you've had your trollish fun. Now run along to the grown-up posters' table or you might have to leave the party.
Rockingham

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »

OK, "Rockingham", you've had your trollish fun. Now run along to the grown-up posters' table or you might have to leave the party.
It wasn't "trolling", because I expected people would realize I was a parody the moment I adopted that blooming "Romney'll will Rassachussetts" handle. I proceeded to make my posts more and more absurd the expectation that people would eventually realize(to your credit your one of the ones who eventually did). A troll's modus operandi is to try and convince people that he is serious, the exact opposite of what I did.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »

What's the story here?

REPRESENTATIVE IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
          ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEENTH REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT
          VOTE FOR  1
              (WITH 3 OF 3 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
           (12) MELINDA HULT (REP).  .  .  .  .  .         0
           (13) JAY HOFFMAN (DEM) .  .  .  .  .  .         4  100.00
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »

What's the story here?

REPRESENTATIVE IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
          ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEENTH REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT
          VOTE FOR  1
              (WITH 3 OF 3 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
           (12) MELINDA HULT (REP).  .  .  .  .  .         0
           (13) JAY HOFFMAN (DEM) .  .  .  .  .  .         4  100.00

East St Louis has an election commission separate from the county, so it has its own set of precincts that cannot cross the borders. The representative districts in IL do not have to follow municipal lines and in the case of ESL cut small parts off of three precincts into HD 113.

To illustrate I've posted this map showing two such small splits. The municipalities are shaded in red and the representative district boundary is blue. Precincts are from the 2010 election and were changed in 2011 after the map, but you can see the municipal commission ones for ESL and Belleville, and those from the county labeled by township name.

The shaded green areas are in both ESL and HD 113. At the time of the remap both those census blocks had 0 persons living in them, but they might have voters today. Also ESL could have annexed territory since 2010 that crossed into HD 113. The ESL election commission doesn't yet have a 2012 precinct map to identify where the 4 voters come from. I can say that they all come from new precinct 18, while pct 22 and pct 24 show 0 votes cast in the HD 113 race.

As for the presidential race, note that ESL is 98% black and less than 1% white. The results are consistent with other all black precincts in IL.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies