Roemer's parting remarks... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:29:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Roemer's parting remarks... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roemer's parting remarks...  (Read 5518 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: February 07, 2005, 09:12:26 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2005, 09:39:29 PM by nickshepDEM »

Roemer was satisfied with the status quo.  He was a pro-life Terry McAuliffe.  Ill admit Dean is a gamble, but he is a gamble I am willing to take.  If we continue down the same rode we have been on for the past 10 years we will continue to lose elections.  Its time for change and Howard Dean is the man who can bring change.  Will it be for the better?  I dont know, but its better than sitting around being satisfied with losing.  I more interested in his plans to rebuild the party form the bottom up and putting the power in the hands of the people rather than some foreign consultant.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 11:44:16 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2005, 11:49:53 PM by nickshepDEM »

The only better choice for Chairman would've been Fowler.  Just as good, just as inspiring, and much less polarizing.  Dean will make the Democrats into what they're supposed to be, liberals. Democrats are supposed to be Democrats, not Republican-lite.  Dean will energize the party and will be a breath of fresh air.  Kerry lost just as many voters, by pandering, as he gained.  Get a message.

I agree 100%, Jake.

Anyways, I would have been satisfied with Rosenberg or Fowler, but Dean was my number one choice.  Just as long as he keeps away from the strong anti-war remarks I think he'll do just fine.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:50:07 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2005, 03:14:27 PM by nickshepDEM »

I don't want to make this into a PA debate (and you accuse me of bringing it up all the time?).

Have challengers for Perzel, O'Brien and Taylor. It's makes it more fun to watch. You do know though that they would get crushed everytime, right? 25-30% is the best a Dem can do against Perzel. Any Dem would be lucky to reach 20% against O'Brien. Taylor's opponent would also get beat badly. Winning might not be your point but I just wanted to inform you (if you really do think these people can get rid of Perzel, O'Brien and Taylor, that you are wrong).

Theres still a pretty good strategy to running Democrats against strong Republican opponents.  Even if the Democrat loses by 80%,  it is still good to get the Democratic message out there because eventually that seat will be open and it will give the next Democrat a better chance at picking up that seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies