Roemer's parting remarks... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Roemer's parting remarks... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roemer's parting remarks...  (Read 5493 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: February 11, 2005, 03:38:28 AM »

yeah, like there's any candidate you would've liked.

There's nothing wrong with Dean. He is not a far leftist. Anyone who's actually bothered to look at his record can testify to that. He's actually to right of Kerry, who's fine for more than 48% of Americans.

I don't want to like the DNC chair. I'm just talking about what they should do, since of course I'm not worried about them hearing what I say or, even if they did, caring.

Dean is not a far leftist. That isn't the problem with him at all-- actually of the Democratic options last cycle I might have disliked him the least. The problem with him is that his judgement in hiring staff appears questionable and he has demonstrated no campaign organizational skills. Worse, his fundraising experience was mostly with small donors, and the Democratic Party also needs labor, corporate, PAC etc. money.

He also is somewhat abrasive, which is basically the opposite of what you want. You want a schmoozer like McAuliffe, except one with a better sense of the political big picture. There Dean probably has as good an idea as anybody; he slipped with the confederate flag remark, but that showed he understands the Democrat's structural disadvantage.

I also suspect his motives.

"he has demonstrated no campaign organizational skills"

Sorry but I disagree. Dean started at 0. He climbed and became first in polls. His fundraising was exceptional. I strongly believe that without the undemocratic caucus of Iowa, he would have gained the NH primary and the dem race.

After the scream and the crash, he founded the DFA organization with success if you consider the challenge.

His ability to take the chairmanship of the dem party is a proof that this guy knows his job.

Last but not least, the "50 states" strategy seems to me the best and to take Gingrich like example is good too.

I also like Dean focusing on the local level as well.  One thing the Democrats do locally is concede local races such a the State Rep candidacies because the incumbent is entrenched and "likeable".  I know Keystone will disagee with me, but people like Perzel, Kenney, O'Brien, and yes even Taylor need to be challenged EVERY year and have a legit one at that.  We can't just say "he's a neighborhood guy, let him go" anymore.  I once thought some of theese entrenched GOPers should not be bothered with until their retirements, but a lot is at stake here such a Congressional gerrymandering, et al.  Yes KP, I've changed my mind on this.  At least at the local level where I am this guilt tripping the GOP uses needs to come to an end and these 20+ year Republican incumbents need to be challenged.       
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies