Roemer's parting remarks... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:21:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Roemer's parting remarks... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roemer's parting remarks...  (Read 5514 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

« on: February 07, 2005, 11:12:20 PM »

Dean's career path just makes no sense to me. I mean, he's basically a nobody, smart enough to figure out that people die in war. Wow, great accomplishment. Not sure why Johnny-come-lately should be DNC chair. Seems like that's the opposite of what you would want.

Not that Roemer was some great option.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »

yeah, like there's any candidate you would've liked.

There's nothing wrong with Dean. He is not a far leftist. Anyone who's actually bothered to look at his record can testify to that. He's actually to right of Kerry, who's fine for more than 48% of Americans.

I don't want to like the DNC chair. I'm just talking about what they should do, since of course I'm not worried about them hearing what I say or, even if they did, caring.

Dean is not a far leftist. That isn't the problem with him at all-- actually of the Democratic options last cycle I might have disliked him the least. The problem with him is that his judgement in hiring staff appears questionable and he has demonstrated no campaign organizational skills. Worse, his fundraising experience was mostly with small donors, and the Democratic Party also needs labor, corporate, PAC etc. money.

He also is somewhat abrasive, which is basically the opposite of what you want. You want a schmoozer like McAuliffe, except one with a better sense of the political big picture. There Dean probably has as good an idea as anybody; he slipped with the confederate flag remark, but that showed he understands the Democrat's structural disadvantage.

I also suspect his motives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies