"Highly-Skilled Immigrants" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:23:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  "Highly-Skilled Immigrants" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Highly-Skilled Immigrants"  (Read 1573 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: December 01, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »

I think a nation should have the right to attract the best and the brightest to their country. I know Canada does this, and so should the United States. I think every graduate student in Science field should get a green card, or at least a year or two period to find a job, before their student visa expires. I know this does not comport with what is written on the statue of liberty, but whatever.

As for brain drain, those who succeed in America are able to pump in more money into their home countries economy than they would be if they had to work back in their home country. My parents could be considered as cases of "brain drain", but they are able to pump in thousand of dollars into the Indian economy without any trouble due to the success they have had here in America. America also gains due to the tons of taxes they need to pay, and India benefits because they are able to get money through remittances and investments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies