2016 Democratic Candidates Survivor: Tim Kaine is Survivor!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:22:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  2016 Democratic Candidates Survivor: Tim Kaine is Survivor!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: 2016 Democratic Candidates Survivor: Tim Kaine is Survivor!  (Read 9752 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »

5 Cuomo - come on get him out. now!
Okay!

Cuomo 5
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »

Defensive: 5 Cuomo (Am I doing it right?)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »

Defensive: 5 Cuomo (Am I doing it right?)
Yeah, that works.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »

5 Cuomo - come on get him out. now!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

4 to get Cuomo out.

1 to keep in Hickenlooper.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

I'll give one point to kick Gregoire out, and four to save Cuomo.

justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »

1 positive vote for Hickenlooper and 2 for Booker (keep them)
1 negative vote for Gillibrand and Markell (out)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »

Not going to bother counting it up, as Cuomo is obviously eliminated.

Vote to eliminate one candidate. Two candidates will be eliminated this round.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2012, 11:08:06 PM »

I vote to eliminate Gregoire.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2012, 12:34:46 AM »

Eliminate Beebe
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2012, 02:56:49 AM »

Gillibrand
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2012, 03:12:49 AM »

Gillibrand
Unimog
Namibia

Political Matrix
E: -3.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2012, 06:41:35 AM by Unimog »

O'Malley
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2012, 05:47:03 AM »

He is already eliminated.

Dunno why you guys dont like Gilibrand, she is one of the last first tier candidates left. Its time to purge this survivor of the remaining light weights

My choice is Tim Kaine, not a strong, interesting or charismsmatic candidate in any way.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »

Dunno why you guys dont like Gilibrand, she is one of the last first tier candidates left. Its time to purge this survivor of the remaining light weights

My choice is Tim Kaine, not a strong, interesting or charismsmatic candidate in any way.

O'Malley is a first-tier candidate, Gillibrand not so much.  If Tmth will let me vote for someone who isn't yet eliminated, I change my vote to Gregoire.  If you want to eliminate a lightweight...
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2012, 12:49:54 PM by politicus »

Dunno why you guys dont like Gilibrand, she is one of the last first tier candidates left. Its time to purge this survivor of the remaining lightweights

O'Malley is a first-tier candidate, Gillibrand not so much.  If Tmth will let me vote for someone who isn't yet eliminated, I change my vote to Gregoire.  If you want to eliminate a lightweight...
If you consider Clinton, Biden, Cuomo, Schweitzer, Warner and O'Malley as first tier, Gillibrand is at least the most prominent of the rest. So her and O'Malley are the two most prominent left. I thought people where going for a duel between them after killing the top names.
It will be interesting to see how this goes, probably the mayor of Newark as survivor... Sad
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »

Eliminate:
4 Booker
1 Sebelius

Save:
5 Cuomo
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »

Dunno why you guys dont like Gilibrand, she is one of the last first tier candidates left. Its time to purge this survivor of the remaining lightweights

O'Malley is a first-tier candidate, Gillibrand not so much.  If Tmth will let me vote for someone who isn't yet eliminated, I change my vote to Gregoire.  If you want to eliminate a lightweight...
If you consider Clinton, Biden, Cuomo, Schweitzer, Warner and O'Malley as first tier, Gillibrand is at least the most prominent of the rest. So her and O'Malley are the two most prominent left. I thought people where going for a duel between them after killing the top names.
It will be interesting to see how this goes, probably the mayor of Newark as survivor... Sad

I don't consider Warner or Biden top-tier, but Clinton, Cuomo, maybe Schweitzer, and O'Malley are.  O'Malley is the only heavyweight left and Booker is pretty well liked by Democrats (and African-American).  People were killing off top names because the Republican posters made a concentrated effort to eliminate everyone who is popular with forum Democrats (that's why they wanted to save Cuomo, because he's pretty hated by forum Democrats, also they are trying to eliminate all women and minorities as a joke).
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »

Dunno why you guys don't like Gillibrand, she is one of the last first tier candidates left. Its time to purge this survivor of the remaining lightweights

I don't consider Warner or Biden top-tier, but Clinton, Cuomo, maybe Schweitzer, and O'Malley are.  O'Malley is the only heavyweight left and Booker is pretty well liked by Democrats (and African-American).  People were killing off top names because the Republican posters made a concentrated effort to eliminate everyone who is popular with forum Democrats (that's why they wanted to save Cuomo, because he's pretty hated by forum Democrats, also they are trying to eliminate all women and minorities as a joke).
As the current VP Biden is top tier per definition and Schweitzer is the most likely progressive (or even slightly progressive) contender IMO. So I would definitely consider him top tier. I personally doubt that a guy as boring and uncharismatic as O'Malley could win the nomination.

Yeah, I know Booker is popular, but he is a guy for the future, whereas I could see Gillibrand as a VP on the 2016 ticket.

I saw the pattern with Dem darling elimination, but I thought we were going to play seriously in the final, keeping at least a couple of good candidates alive. So I was surprised they went after Gillibrand.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »

Dunno why you guys don't like Gillibrand, she is one of the last first tier candidates left. Its time to purge this survivor of the remaining lightweights

As the current VP Biden is top tier per definition and Schweitzer is the most likely progressive (or even slightly progressive) contender IMO. So I would definitely consider him top tier. I personally doubt that a guy as boring and uncharismatic as O'Malley could win the nomination.

Yeah, I know Booker is popular, but he is a guy for the future, whereas I could see Gillibrand as a VP on the 2016 ticket.

I saw the pattern with Dem darling elimination, but I thought we were going to play seriously in the final, keeping at least a couple of good candidates alive. So I was surprised they went after Gillibrand.

Biden may be Vice-President, but he's still not a serious candidate if he runs.  I think he's been a good Vice-President, I think he's a likable straight-shooter, but he's not going anywhere if he runs.  His problem is that he is too much of a straight-shooter, he says whatever is on his mind Tongue  Plus he's 70.
JonBidinger
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

Gregoire
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

Biden may be Vice-President, but he's still not a serious candidate if he runs.  I think he's been a good Vice-President, I think he's a likable straight-shooter, but he's not going anywhere if he runs.  His problem is that he is too much of a straight-shooter, he says whatever is on his mind Tongue  Plus he's 70.
Valid and well known points, but Ill still consider him a top tier candidate. At 74 he is not much older than Dole and McCain and only slightly older than Reagan in 1984.
A Biden run can be seen as a continuation of the Obama presidency, kinda finishing the job. I am sure Obama would campaign for him. He is not the favourite, but he is in top 3.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »

Valid and well known points, but Ill still consider him a top tier candidate. At 74 he is not much older than Dole and McCain and only slightly older than Reagan in 1984.
A Biden run can be seen as a continuation of the Obama presidency, kinda finishing the job. I am sure Obama would campaign for him. He is not the favourite, but he is in top 3.

I'd bet Obama would remain neutral in the primaries (he sort of has to).  Also, from what I've read, Biden and Obama don't get along very well.  Biden resents Obama's staff trying to muzzle him and Obama apparently gets extremely irritated by Biden's gaffes.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »

Cory Booker as a presidential candidate when he's only a mayor is a joke too.  I feel like posting that old Humphrey ad from '68 with the guy laughing at Agnew.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies