regions and districts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:17:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  regions and districts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: regions and districts  (Read 3563 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »

Thats because you created it, Harry Cheesy

The regions need 10 states, and the distriicts need equal members, as per the constitution.

We can't change regions once they are set, and once we have senators for those regions-they are permanent, as it says in the constitution-so, lets settle it now.

I'll create a new thread JUST for 10 state proposals. I know it it the 50 millionth one, but we really need to get this right.

The 10-state idea is in Amendment IV of the constitution proposed by DemRepDan.  We didn't approve this amendment...we approved an alternative map that doesn't have exactly ten states in each region.  But their is nothing in the part of the Constitution that we approved (the main body) that mandates 10-state regions.
dunn

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 06:42:30 PM »

The regions need 10 states, and the distriicts need equal members, as per the constitution.

We can't change regions once they are set, and once we have senators for those regions-they are permanent, as it says in the constitution-so, lets settle it now.

I'll create a new thread JUST for 10 state proposals. I know it it the 50 millionth one, but we really need to get this right.

The 10-state idea is in Amendment IV of the constitution proposed by DemRepDan.  We didn't approve this amendment...we approved an alternative map that doesn't have exactly ten states in each region.  But their is nothing in the part of the Constitution that we approved (the main body) that mandates 10-state regions.
exectly
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 07:25:23 PM »

The regions don't need 10 states.  Population wise and forum member wise is a great way.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 08:05:36 PM »

NickG raises an excellent point that completely and utterly refutes my previous argument.

However, it remains that the language of Amendment IV needs to be revised, as the regions do not in fact have 10 states.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2004, 03:30:58 AM »

NickG raises an excellent point that completely and utterly refutes my previous argument.

However, it remains that the language of Amendment IV needs to be revised, as the regions do not in fact have 10 states.

The vote was contradictory and thus invalid, imho.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2004, 10:04:22 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 10:25:06 AM by JLD »

The vote was contradictory and thus invalid, imho.

Yes, it was.  I have made this point in other threads.  For example:

The Regions map contradicts the Amendment which was approved in the same vote.  The Amendment- which passed- clearly calls for 10-state regions.  Then a plan was included in the choices that did not include 10-state regions.  This would be similiar to holding a vote on what color of yellow bananas we ought to have- yellow, blue, or purple.

Even Gustaf says he didn't understand the vote, and Gustaf is the #1 poster in this forum and everyone seems to like him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies