Politico:Rush Limbaugh: GOP ‘surrenders’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:08:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico:Rush Limbaugh: GOP ‘surrenders’
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico:Rush Limbaugh: GOP ‘surrenders’  (Read 835 times)
Incipimus iterum
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:32:02 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/rush-limbaugh-gop-surrenders-84645.html?hp=l9
You must be logged in to read this quote.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »

Good. Good.  Let the hate flow through you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »

Rush is worried he'll have to take one or two less trips on his private jet golfing.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »

The GOP has lost it's way, and what was left of it's mind. Sad
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:40:12 AM »

The GOP is being realistic and allowing government to govern. Truly barbaric.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:04:57 AM »

They have conceded that the problem exists in part because the rich aren’t paying their fair share
This is worded so that it's hard to imagine even someone as idiotic as Limbaugh disagreeing.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:50:40 PM »

I've still been listening to right-wing radio here and there, and since the election it seems to ring more and more hollow.  as if it is an anachronism... I suppose there will always be a future for it, but anything more than a "crackpot eccentricity"...?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »

Indeed.  It seems that with all this talk of bi-partisanship that most partisans only want the other party to be bi-partisan, but crucify any of their own members that try to be bi-partisan.  That's what happened to the Democrats in Jim Matheson, Dan Boren, and Joe Lieberman and that's what happened to the Republicans in Arlen Specter, Charlie Crist, and Mike Bloomberg.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »

Indeed.  It seems that with all this talk of bi-partisanship that most partisans only want the other party to be bi-partisan, but crucify any of their own members that try to be bi-partisan.  That's what happened to the Democrats in Jim Matheson, Dan Boren, and Joe Lieberman and that's what happened to the Republicans in Arlen Specter, Charlie Crist, and Mike Bloomberg.

You're (oddly) assuming that both parties' policies are equally good and reasonable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »

You're (oddly) assuming that both parties' policies are equally good and reasonable.

I'm saying the Democrats are just as bad as Republicans.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »

Again, this assumes that the half-way mark between what Democrats and Republicans want is the ideal solution.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »

Again, this assumes that the half-way mark between what Democrats and Republicans want is the ideal solution.

I am a Democrat, but in no way do I believe that Democrats are better than Republicans.  Nor do I believe Republicans are better than Democrats.  To think such a thing is ludicrous in my mind.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »

Indeed.  It seems that with all this talk of bi-partisanship that most partisans only want the other party to be bi-partisan, but crucify any of their own members that try to be bi-partisan.  That's what happened to the Democrats in Jim Matheson, Dan Boren, and Joe Lieberman and that's what happened to the Republicans in Arlen Specter, Charlie Crist, and Mike Bloomberg.

I am a Democrat, but in no way do I believe that Democrats are better than Republicans.  Nor do I believe Republicans are better than Democrats.  To think such a thing is ludicrous in my mind.

What do you mean "better"? If their policies aren't better, why declare yourself a Democrat?

It's ludicrous to stand for "bi-partisanship" merely for the sake of bi-partisanship.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »

I am a Democrat, but in no way do I believe that Democrats are better than Republicans.  Nor do I believe Republicans are better than Democrats.  To think such a thing is ludicrous in my mind.

What do you mean "better"? If their policies aren't better. why declare yourself a Democrat.

It's ludicrous to stand for "bi-partisanship" merely for the sake of bi-partisanship.

Some of the Democrats positions are better on fiscal issues, but some of the Republicans positions are better especially on social issues.  They cancel each other out.

I am a Democrat, but I would really rather be an independent, but Independents don't get to vote in primaries in Utah or Oklahoma, so I have to choose.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »

That's one thing, whether you believe in Republican social values. (They really only survive at all through the radical Christian wing caring about nothing else.)

The point is there is objectively smart and dumb policy. In this tax/debt debate, Republicans really haven't offered anything of substance or anything constructive. (At least until VERY recently, after the election) To believe the 50-yard line is to be desired...is just irrational.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »

That's one thing, whether you believe in Republican social values. (They really only survive at all through the radical Christian wing caring about nothing else.)

The point is there is objectively smart and dumb policy. In this tax/debt debate, Republicans really haven't offered anything of substance or anything constructive. (At least until VERY recently, after the election) To believe the 50-yard line is to be desired...is just irrational.

With regards to the fiscal cliff debate, yes, I do think the White House and the Democrats have the better position and is covered under my personal belief that Democrats are better on economical issues.

While I do think Republicans are better on social issues, they by no means have a monopoly.  I'm quite far to the left compared to a lot of my friends from Oklahoma.  On fiscal issues, the Democrats also do not have a monopoly.  Its not the 50-yard-line that is the happy medium, but its definitely between the 45's.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »

I've still been listening to right-wing radio here and there, and since the election it seems to ring more and more hollow.  as if it is an anachronism... I suppose there will always be a future for it, but anything more than a "crackpot eccentricity"...?

The question is what where will the tastes of the audience go...

An informative study might be - what did the Boers do post-1994?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »

They have surrendered. Their only goal for the past four years was trying to block Obama wherever possible and run out the clock. Now that Obama has been decisively reelected they're painted themselves into a corner. What else can they do? Let everybody's tax cuts expire, including those the rich? Allow their sacred cow, defense spending, get slaughtered while the Democrats' Social Security and Medicare gets a pass? Allow the government's credit go the way of Argentina's because they spitefully refuse to allow the government to pay its bills? Secession? Second Amendment remedies? They want to compromise now because they have nothing. They are 100% bereft of feasible options. And they act all surprised and offended that Obama comes to the table with demands of his own. How dare he have principles? Screw the GOP. Seriously. They haven't been in such a bad place of their own making since their isolationist rhetoric was blown up 71 years ago exactly at Pearl Harbor. I'm ready for some serious schadenfreude. They've had theirs. It's our turn.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »

It seems that with all this talk of bi-partisanship that most partisans only want the other party to be bi-partisan, but crucify any of their own members that try to be bi-partisan.  That's what happened to the Democrats in Jim Matheson, Dan Boren, and Joe Lieberman and that's what happened to the Republicans in Arlen Specter, Charlie Crist, and Mike Bloomberg.

For as long as I can remember the definitions of bi-partisanship and compromise that have been used by both parties is that the other side caves.  There's nothing particularly new about that.  What wasn't always the case is that these days essentially every issue is defined in partisan terms.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies